Catcha Falling Star
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$670
US$313
US$193
  • Breakfast included
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$73
US$172
US$150
  • Breakfast included
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$126
Travelocity
Xtabi Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
Hotels.com
Firefly Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$218
US$193
US$880
US$469
Bookit.com
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
TripAdvisor
1,072 results
All reviewsivan's barthe cliffpenne pastasky cottageoutdoor showerrick's cafewest endbarking dogsfamous vincentltu pubfront gatelounge chairsday bedthe cottagescaribbean sealaid backthe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2010

I have traveled to Negril half a dozen times over the past few years and was lucky enough to stumble across this hidden gem early on. I always make sure I go to Catcha when I'm in Negril. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the grounds are beautiful, the food is fantastic. But what makes Catcha the place I return to again and again is the staff. Nearly everyone is warm and inviting, your name and favorite drink are remembered from day one. The staff persona is typified by one man in particular, the evening bartender, Kevin. He is the consummate professional while being friendly and entertaining as he sings, dances, and mixes the best drinks on the island all with a 1,000 watt smile. He's more than happy to give tips on where to go while you're in Jamaica and genuinely wants to make sure you have a great time. The whole vibe of this beautiful place is happier and more fun when he is there. My friends and I look forward to seeing him again on our next visit, he IS Catcha and they are lucky to have him.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Boonoonoonoos73
Reviewed 13 March 2010

Reasonably priced. Our only complaint was the room by the gate. We had trouble sleeping there. The food was not worth the money. We enjoying eating everywhere else especially Ras Rody's and Rock house cafe. If you want tasty food any hut on the side of the road will do the job. We loved the staff, Carol, Kevin etc...

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nicknemilie
Reviewed 10 March 2010

The other reviews accurately extol the many virtues of Catcha as a quiet and comfortable retreat in Negril's West End, but nobody has mentioned how extraordinary this place is for anybody interested in nature. The garden is stunningly attractive- not only for the guests, but also for an extraordinary array of birds who invite themselves. These include two spectacular entries- Jamaica's national bird, the doctorbird (one of the world's most beautiful hummingbirds, and that is saying something), and the yellow-billed parrot. This large parrot is a rare and endangered species due to habitat destruction and the illegal pet trade. Catcha's "habitat creation" program has given several of this beautiful and entertaining creature home. Just offshore, with the aid of Ken Brown from the local dive shop, are several lovely shore dives feature giant stingray, bottlenose dolphin, scenic cliff and cave habitats, and innumerable macrophotography subjects. The nearby Royal Palm Reserve is a mini-everglades with unique, world-class wildlife habitat and rare birds easily spotted here. Nature may not be the top agenda item on most vacationer's lists, but it sure isn't a bad garnish! And if it is your main interest, you can not do better in western Jamaica than Catcha Falling Star.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank leskaufman
Reviewed 21 February 2010

This review is a little late....but better late than never.

My husband and I stayed at CFS from May 31-June 4, 2008. First I want to say the entire staff was very nice. I have nothing but positive things to say about them.

We fell in love with Carol who went above and beyond her call of duty. My husband became very sick the day after we arrived. He was bedridden for two days. She constantly checked on us, making sure we had things he may need or trying to find different remedies to help out with his "tummy illness". She was an angel.

We enjoyed the view from our cottage which was Rick's Cafe. Where else can you listen to live Reggae music nightly and dance under the stars on your own front porch?

All-in-all, we had a great time. The food was great and extremely friendly people. I would highly recommend "Catcha"........good times!!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tnblueeyes_10
Reviewed 18 February 2010

Over the years, I have stayed at several all/inclusive resorts in Negril but none has ever come close to having the level of customer service that is exhibited by the staff at Catcha Falling Star. Every employee that we encountered whether they worked at the gate, in the front office, bar, housekeeping or Ivan's Restaurant made us feel special. The views of the sea and the magnificient sunsets were romantic. Food at Ivan's was delicious and the atmosphere in the bar was cozy. Having a massage from Oya, the massage therapist, on our patio, while listening to the sounds of the sea was so relaxing. As I was searching for a more intimate experience, I found what I was looking for at Catcha. No more all-inclusives for me. In fact, I have made another reservation for next year and am anxiously counting the days until my next visit.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple