“We found our paradise”
Review of Westender Inn

Westender Inn
Ranked #30 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Wow!!! My wife and I visited Jamaica for our 1st time in April. The first 5 days we were on a company paid business trip at Secrets Wild Orchid in Montego Bay. Secrets was incredible all round but we wanted something different for our last 6 days. The internet led me to the Westender and for that we are gratetful. From the initial time I spoke to Keith about the possibilty of staying there until we pulled away enroute home we were treated to the most relaxing, enjoyable vacation of our lives. From the beautiful flowers, trees, shoreline, food and snorkeling to the wonderful staff and local acquaintences it truly was home. The staff was there for your every whim and no request was turned away. We will be back and very soon. We loved it all!!!

Room Tip: All have great views so let your budget dictate.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 September 2011

i frequented this property in the late 80's and 90's but had not been back in many years. negril has changed but the westender inn [formerly hog heaven hotel] has only improved for the better. modern conveniences such as a/c, flat screen t.v.'s and free wifi are welcome but its the ambience of this property which make this place unique. it is difficult to put into words but its almost a spirtual place for me where i can meditate and just totally unwind. the inn is NOT for everyone as it is located away from the noise and action of town [negril] but for me it is perfect. i can be in absolute contented bliss just sitting in one of the many thatched bamboo benches watching the world turn and the waves caress the iron shore. the staff was superb and the food very tasty and reasonable with a special shout out to the steamed lion fish, garlic lobster and blended fresh fruit rum punches. i will end with what i truly belive...this is one of the coolest places in the world and i will be back. thanks to keith and gary and their exceptional staff.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank charlie s
Reviewed 30 August 2011

From the staff to the accommodations my stay at the Westender was more then expected.
I travel quite often and this time decided to give this Inn my business. I was not disappointed.

Guys keep up the good job and I look forward to coming back with my mate.

RB

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank R B
Reviewed 30 August 2011

This hotel is the greatest experience I ever had, I stayed at the mariott, Hyatt, ritz but the Westender Inn Food is the best, the beaches are amazing, the night life incredible. Not to sound Pretentious, but all Wealthy people need to go to Westender Inn the Customer Service is Amazing.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Don D
Reviewed 29 August 2011

This is definitely the place for a family vacation. The location is conducice for relaxation and staffs are friendly and makes everyone feel extremely special. We enjoyed every meal - the food is delicious.

Our room was spacious with a wrap around terrace and a full view of the ocean which was only a few yards away.
I really can't begin to explain waking up in the mornings to the sound of the ocean and watching the rising sun.

We are already planning another vacation and have invited our friends to come along.

Room Tip: I would strongly recommend the ocean view rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank cynthia s
Reviewed 18 August 2011

It was cheap because it was not all inclusive; however after the price of food and activites it adds up be being the same price, but in this case you have all the stress. Sadly we won't be returning there again. It was very nice and relaxing but that's because no other people were staying at the resort if they had been then I know the beach part would have been very crowded and it is not easy to get into the water with the cliffs. The restaurant was pricey and no one working there seemed to know what was on the menu. Dinner entrees on the menu says served with soup or salad, bread and butter. We had to ask for a salad and they acted like we didn't get one. Everyday the fried chicken was made differently; one day plain, next day barbeque, next day tasted like it had a chinese sauce on it. They ran out of lettuce so no more salads, they threw the fruit out just before we asked for it, they got shrimp tuesday so we ordered it with the chicken breast and it was such a little portion and wednesday we ordered it again and were told it was out :( Little bit of a let down. Maybe since it was off season for tourists they didn't feel like they needed to provide everything on the menu, but honestly the food is the only thing on the resort they have to offer so it should be pretty good. Limit the menu and know what is on it! Also, employees that have children there while you are working keep your kid away from the people on vacation we don't want to babysit.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
12  Thank trshmiller
jamrock29, Manager at Westender Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

The Westender Inn strives to maintain a high quality product in a clean, safe and friendly environment. The vast majority of our guests come to the Westender Inn because they prefer a private location that is close to town but not in the middle of all the action. There is a shuttle bus for airport transfer and to move guest around town or tours.

During your stay, we were evaluating new restaurant staff for a 3 week period. We have already taken corrective actions to address your feedback. Specifically, we partnered with a new bar/restaurant manager and we are very excited with the new direction for the bar/restaurant area.

We are very pleased with all the positive Tripadvisor comments we received in the past and we work hard to ensure all our guests are just as satisfied. We also encourage our guest to talk to us about their experience while on property in order to calibrate and make adjustments as needed. I sincerely wish we had a chance to talk while you were here.

Thanks for your feed back. We will use it to continue improvements and I hope you will reconsider and come again.

Reviewed 17 August 2011

This place was serene. Had wonderful food. Great drivers. Great staff. Not a complaint about the place.

I'd suggest to them that they get better wifi. It was annoying to keep entering the codes that sometimes worked. But it was free. Just easier to have instant wifi.

The place is beautiful. No beach there, but access to water. It's a small rocky cliff.

The Rooms are so nice. The restaurant is very good. I really really liked it.

It is located 20 minutes from town, but that's not a bad thing. There's no one there to ask you for money or to sell you pot unsolicited. No one walking up and ruining your serenity. And they have a driver that will take you to town whenever you want for $7. And the drivers were so great. Gave us cards to call whenever we wanted them to come back. And the drivers gave great recommendations for food and beach areas and excursions.

Beautiful place overall.

Room Tip: All the rooms look out on the ocean. I was kinda jealous of the upstairs rooms. That's all I...
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple