“Dreamy! Palm trees gently dancing in the warm breezes.”
Review of Westender Inn

Westender Inn
Ranked #35 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 12 November 2011

What a wonderful surprise. My husband and I were brought to Jamaica through our sons best friends wedding. It was a delight.
The Westender Inn had it all. The room was beautiful and the bed was so comfortable, we slept so good!
I have to mention the service, and the people, who work at the Westender. When I first walked out of our room onto our porch, someone said "good morning sweetie" and I looked around to see who she was talking to, it was me . She said, I'm Karen, and she was our housekeeper.
The office manager, Tamesha, was so helpful arranging rides for us to and from the airport.
The two hour plus ride with Nelson was so much fun. He knew so much about Jamaica .
Every one just seemed to do those extra things.Like, Jermaine, who was the driver of the Westender van. Always at your service, always on time, always a spic and span van, always kind . Thank you Keith, you all do such a great job, please don't ever let it
change. We were only there 5 days and I felt so comfortable and safe.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Denise60946

Reviewed 15 October 2011

i thought that the hotel was very secluded....me and my wife loved that...its a small place so the staff was very consistent with service and overall i think the place was amazing.....me and my wife will be returning!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jessica995
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I had the privilege of staying at the Westender Inn in Negril for an entire weekend in August 2011. This was an awesome and relaxing experience. I particularly liked the setting of the rooms especially the one I stayed in that had the ocean view. The atmosphere was quite calming and the staff especially were very welcoming and hospitable. If anyone wants a get away or just a vacation from all the happenings this is the place to come. Its a must stay at hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ocean front are much more relaxing and nicer.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sheena T
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Westender is not for the "Spring Break" crowd. It isn't party central or a wild place. It's a very cozy, out of the way place that's excellent for couples or a small family getaway.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2011

The Westender Inn is the perfect place to stay. It is only about 15-20 minutes ride from anywhere in town that you'd want to go - restaurants, shopping, etc... The property is beautiful and safe! The staff is very welcoming! Everyone knew our names by the second day we were there and we were treated like family! Staying here was a great experience and we will definitely stay here again! Thank you Keith, Nadine, Kamar, Jermaine, Gary, Mr. English, Natty and everyone else for helping to make our vacation so nice! The entire staff is awesome and very friendly! Food is great - especially breakfast - loved the ackee and saltfish! And the Almond Suite is the best room ever - great view, private balcony, and very spacious inside! Keep up the great work and we hope to come back soon!

Room Tip: request the Almond Suite - great view and on the second floor
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Wow!!! My wife and I visited Jamaica for our 1st time in April. The first 5 days we were on a company paid business trip at Secrets Wild Orchid in Montego Bay. Secrets was incredible all round but we wanted something different for our last 6 days. The internet led me to the Westender and for that we are gratetful. From the initial time I spoke to Keith about the possibilty of staying there until we pulled away enroute home we were treated to the most relaxing, enjoyable vacation of our lives. From the beautiful flowers, trees, shoreline, food and snorkeling to the wonderful staff and local acquaintences it truly was home. The staff was there for your every whim and no request was turned away. We will be back and very soon. We loved it all!!!

Room Tip: All have great views so let your budget dictate.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2011

i frequented this property in the late 80's and 90's but had not been back in many years. negril has changed but the westender inn [formerly hog heaven hotel] has only improved for the better. modern conveniences such as a/c, flat screen t.v.'s and free wifi are welcome but its the ambience of this property which make this place unique. it is difficult to put into words but its almost a spirtual place for me where i can meditate and just totally unwind. the inn is NOT for everyone as it is located away from the noise and action of town [negril] but for me it is perfect. i can be in absolute contented bliss just sitting in one of the many thatched bamboo benches watching the world turn and the waves caress the iron shore. the staff was superb and the food very tasty and reasonable with a special shout out to the steamed lion fish, garlic lobster and blended fresh fruit rum punches. i will end with what i truly belive...this is one of the coolest places in the world and i will be back. thanks to keith and gary and their exceptional staff.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo