“Secluded small hotel”

Westender Inn
Ranked #30 of 80 Hotels in Negril
“Secluded small hotel”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Booked through Groupon and took my mom for 4 days for her 60th birthday. Very quiet and secluded. Excellent views of the cliff. Relaxing to the sounds of the wave crashing on the rocks was tranquil. Loved lounging in the hammock on my balcony. Very friendly staff. Good breakfast, okay dinner options. I would recommend going off property for dinner.

There is no beach but the hotel shuttle will drop off and pick up at a beach on the 7 mile strip. There is a small fee for the shuttle or you can ask the front desk to arrange a taxi during the night hours when the shuttle isn't running. If you're comfortable driving having your own car would be good whilst staying at this resort due to it's distance from other attractions. Don't forget your mosquito repellant.

Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Ann S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Bridgeport
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Great quiet beautiful place!! It's a 10 minute ride to get into town we took the hotel shuttle to get back and fourth which was $350 Jamaican ( $3.50 u.s) not a great place if you're trying to party we went for dreamweekend and it was way too quiet... Lol but I will visit again it was beautiful I highly recommend for couples that want alone time, or a group of friends that just want to relax...the staff was nice.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Novamarley
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My husband and I just returned and I must say I was a little disappointed in our stay. The staff was very helpful but at times I felt as if we were a bother to some. Some minor issues we came across were,
1) There was no cable box or remote in our room upon arrival which was taken care of on the third day but to be fair that's when we had notified them that it was missing. We felt like the room was not completely ready.
2) The bar and restaurant never once picked up my phone calls.
3) Called down to the front office and asked for fresh towels on the third day and didn't like the initial response of the receptionist.
4) Ordered breakfast which took an hour to arrive and thats because my husband went and got it.

For the most part the treatment was nice, room was great, view was great. I just think if they work on these minor issues, this would make it a better experience. Having said that, I can't say that I would return.

Room Tip: room 14 is the best.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank truali
Westie_Negril, Manager at Westender Inn, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
The Westender Inn strives to maintain a high quality product in a clean and friendly environment.

We are very pleased with all the positive Tripadvisor comments we received over the years and we work hard to ensure all our guests are just as satisfied. We also encourage our guest to talk to us about their experience while on property in order to calibrate and make adjustments as needed.

After speaking with my staff, I was advised that service to your suite was delayed because the “do not disturb” sign was on your door for the first three days.

I sincerely wish you had relayed these minor issues to me. I would have made corrections immediately.

Thank you for your feedback. We will use it to continue to improve our service and I hope you will come again.

Keith
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We just returned from our 1st anniversary at the Westender. This is the second time we have visited, and it was just as spectacular as the 1st. The food is fresh from the garden, colorful plants and animals surround, and the people are warm and welcoming.

We recommend going out to the water at night to watch the stars. With the waves crashing and the meteors shooting across, it is a very romantic experience.

While we were there, a yoga group was visiting and they invited us to join their class by the waves. A visiting artist brought jewelry made from rare seeds. We were invited to go to Half Moon beach by the owner and his lovely family. We are thinking about bringing our children next time (and all of our friends) after we learned about the very affordable nanny service available. In addition, we were treated to one of the best massages either of us have ever had by the waterside (ask for Tara).

This is the kind of place that a person falls in love with and keeps coming back. If you are looking for something a little more genuine, the Westender is for you.

Room Tip: The cabins are wonderful for families or larger groups and the rooms by the oceanside are spectacula...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tamara E
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just came back from an amazing stay at the Westender Inn at the end of May.
The grounds were beautiful, our direct views of the ocean from the balcony were gorgeous and all of the staff were warm and friendly.
It provided the non- touristy relaxing vacation we were looking for.
The hotel is located at the West end of Negril which is excellent for peace and quiet and gorgeous sunsets. The ocean waves are very strong there, so we hung out in the pool on the rocks or went into town to go to seven mile beach. If you want to get into some of the action down by the beach or in town you will need to take the hotel shuttle about 10-15mins to get there. Because it was off season while we were there the staff was very accommodating to taking us into town whenever we wanted and picked us up when we were ready to go back to the hotel.

The food at the hotel restaurant Westie's was excellent! They provided a good assortment of authentic Jamaican dishes in addition to other popular food choices.

This place was truly a gem! I would definitely go back! Ask for an ocean front deluxe room for the best views. You will not be disappointed.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank shellbstyle .
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This was the second year my husband and I have stayed at the Westender Inn. Last year we knew we wanted to share this great hotel with our family, so, we brought everyone back with us is year. There were 11 in our party ranging from 76 to 3 years old. The staff greeted us with hugs and took care of our every need during our stay. We can't say enough about the great service we received from each and every staff member. Thank you to the Westender Inn, our Jamaican home away from home. See you next year!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Bdlbugaz
Onancock, Virginia
Reviewed 29 May 2014

was there in january for a week, loved the quiet place, had an awesome time, will be going back this january, the manger keith and staff were always available to help with anything at anytime, great customer service, great food fun atmosphere

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends