Overall, we had a wonderful stay at Westender. Here's why:
1) Seclusion - we were turned off by the crowds on the 7 mile beach. We appreciated the solitude and quality of people who stayed here.
2) Staff - Keith, Ryan, Kamar, Nelson were all really kind and accommodating. We thoroughly enjoyed our conversations with everyone. They would go out of their way to appease my sugar cane and other food cravings! Really introduced us to Jamaican hospitality.
3) Comfort - everything was so easy! You just told Keith what you wanted, and he made it happen! The room was comfortable. We got a water view, just like I wanted.
A few points of improvement (this might be nit picky):
1) Improve the lawns. The rest of the foliage was gorgeous. Just the lawn outside our room was not as lush.
2) Real Jamaican character means warmth and friendliness but also weed and misogyny. Nelson, as nice as he was, is prone to smokin up while driving and making some crass jokes.
And this is just as an FYI - if you're going to a waterfall, take a change of clothes! We weren't as well informed and ended up driving 1.5 hours to Mayfield Falls to take the tour completely soaked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westender Inn recently completed three new ocean front luxury log suites. There is something rustic yet stately about log construction and many people love the antique look with modern finishing. Come stay in one of our new ocean front luxury log suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Westender Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westender Hotel Negril