Westender Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$670
US$313
US$193
  • Breakfast included
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$73
US$172
US$150
  • Breakfast included
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$126
Hotwire.com
Xtabi Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
Hotels.com
Firefly Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$218
US$193
US$880
US$469
Bookit.com
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
TripAdvisor
All reviewssea poolalmond suitehotel shuttlecrashing wavessalt water poolwest endshuttle serviceocean sidedowntown negrilackee and saltfishbeautiful propertythe entire staffseven mile beachlaid backreal jamaicathe cliffrelaxing vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 March 2010

Overall, we had a wonderful stay at Westender. Here's why:
1) Seclusion - we were turned off by the crowds on the 7 mile beach. We appreciated the solitude and quality of people who stayed here.
2) Staff - Keith, Ryan, Kamar, Nelson were all really kind and accommodating. We thoroughly enjoyed our conversations with everyone. They would go out of their way to appease my sugar cane and other food cravings! Really introduced us to Jamaican hospitality.
3) Comfort - everything was so easy! You just told Keith what you wanted, and he made it happen! The room was comfortable. We got a water view, just like I wanted.
A few points of improvement (this might be nit picky):
1) Improve the lawns. The rest of the foliage was gorgeous. Just the lawn outside our room was not as lush.
2) Real Jamaican character means warmth and friendliness but also weed and misogyny. Nelson, as nice as he was, is prone to smokin up while driving and making some crass jokes.

And this is just as an FYI - if you're going to a waterfall, take a change of clothes! We weren't as well informed and ended up driving 1.5 hours to Mayfield Falls to take the tour completely soaked.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2010

It was one of the best experiences of my life. My best-friend got married there and I spent just as much time with the staff as with him and my friends. The entire staff and crew were extremely hospitable. They took time out to talk to us. We really experienced Jamaica. The people, culture lifestyle, food. Keith should us the town, told us the best rates to exchange our money.

The rooms were clean, food was good, entertainment was DONE!!!! I love the whole experience. When I come back to Jamaica I wouldn't go anywhere else. If you go someplace else your doing your self wrong. I'm going back. And when I go back I'm going to visit my family at the Westender Inn. Not staff, not a hotel crew, cooks, security... I'm visiting my people. I'm going home.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank coachwhite
Reviewed 18 February 2010

My sister, 2 good friends and I spent 6 nights in Negril. We didn't stay at The Westender Inn, but at another spot on the cliffs. During our stay we rented bikes. One day we decided to go for a long bike ride. We stopped off at several places along the way. Twice on Sunday's for some Red Stripes and Heineken's with Sexy Rexy and Out Of Town pastry shop for a delicious patty lunch. Good times were had by all. We kept riding, and riding. We got to the "country" part of the road, where you feel like you're the only person alive and realize this is how all of Negril must have felt back in the day before the hotels we're built. We drove through hoards of goats and cows. We didn't see other people for miles.
It was amazing.

It was hot that day and we'd been riding a while so we decided to try and find a place that would let us use their pool and perhaps order some drinks. My sister remembered the area well from previous trips to Negril so we followed the signs to Westender Inn. We spoke to the manager, Keith, and he was more than happy to have us. We spent several hours swimming and drinking and having such a fun time! Keith then took us on a lovely tour of the rooms and the property. Many of the rooms were being renovated so I'm sure by now they must be complete and in great shape. Some rooms have floor to ceiling views of the sea. Some have wonderful porches. The gardens are creative and unique with cacti and other interesting plants. It's a beautiful piece of property and I can't imagine it is going to be a secret for long!

It's been 4 months since my trip to Negril and I'm still thinking about it every single day. Never have I felt better in my life. I felt so relaxed, so peaceful. It's such a change from the daily grind of life in New York and I can't wait to go back. When I do return to Negril I will definitely be bringing my husband to The Westender Inn. It's a ways down the road and it's pretty secluded so if you're looking for crowded all inclusive hotels you'd be better on the beach, not far out on the cliffs. But, it is very easy to jump in a taxi and get around if you want to go to other hotels or the beach. If what you are looking for is welcoming people, beautiful rooms with amazing views of the sea and gardens, privacy and a chance to perhaps feel better than you ever have in your entire life, then definitely check out The Westender Inn.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank EEL
Reviewed 1 February 2010

When I die, take me here. It has to be better than heaven. Loved the facility, staff, food, music, view, sunset and much more. It's still a bit of a secret, but that won't last long. I'm making my several 2010 reservations now.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2010

Sequestered deep in the lush forests of Negril, while simultaneously bordering the Atlantic Ocean, The Westender was truly heaven on Earth. Being able to see the sunrise and sunset each and every day was something I will remember for a lifetime, and the employees were second to none. They were extremely accommodating and willing to do anything we asked of them. I would recommend The Westender to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends