“I will never stay anywhere else in Negril again - unforgettable experience!”
Review of Westender Inn

Westender Inn
Ranked #35 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 17 March 2010

My boyfriend and I decided to split our trip in Negril between an all inclusive up the coast and the Westender. When Keith (the manager) picked us up at our all-inclusive to take us to the Westender I knew I would love it before I even got to the inn. That is due to the exception people now involved with this place. They made a huge difference and helped us experience the true jamaica. From coming to our rescue when I locked myself out of the bathroom to arranging individualized excursions to other restaurants, clubs and various sites, we made up in two days what we had missed our first three at the all inclusive. In addition to Keith's excellent service, Ryan and Kamar are top notch. I found a new family there and plan to go back with friends as soon as I can. If you want a more authentic experience, this is the place to go. In addition to the excellent food and drink on site, rooms have kitchenettes so you can go to the market and prepare your own meal to save money. Our furnishings in the new log suites were brand new, we had direct tv, but more importants, our view was right onto the ocean. We were already beached out by the time we got to the Westender, but I'm sure people could rent bikes or get staff to take you down to seven mile beach. Don't miss out on Negril's jewel - The Westender!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mariannester

Reviewed 15 March 2010

As a destination wedding planner, I tend to travel with my clients for their weddings and usually end up staying on the same property with them. For my last wedding in Negril however (March 6th), I was accommodated at the Westender Inn by keith and his staff (w/o my clients!:) and I have to say, this is my perfect spot in Negril to getaway and be able to work and still take some time away for myself.

The property is at the end of the West End Road and is the most peaceful, calming and relaxing property have been to in a while. The pace there is languid and the staff easy going and very friendly. They know you by name after the initial introduction and if you frequent the bar and opt for a signature drink, they remember what it is and how you take it!

I was able to experience their newly built and well appointed suites which has a gorgeous log cabin look and a very homey feel. The suite was huge and had gorgeous fixtures and the most comfortable beds I have had the pleasure of sleeping in when I travel. Almost made me late a time or two LOL! Our patio looks right out onto the water and the sunset is brilliant from that vantage. Keith (the manager) was available and very accommodating and even took us out on our last evening to get the real vibe of the neighboring community on the One Love shuttle. I am looking forward to being back in Negril (I have a few weddings booked there this year) and am certainly looking forward to being back at the Westender (maybe with clients this time!) because it really feels like home away from home to me.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank Wedding_Guru
Reviewed 13 March 2010

We spent two nights at the Westender Inn. We were met at the gate of the property and immediately shown to our room by Ryan, who is in charge of security. (Keith, the manager, was out running an errand). Ryan gave us a quick tour of the room and showed us how to operate the remote controls for the Direct TV, the flat screen TV and the AC. We had asked to stay in one of the new log suites and that was what we got. It was a large room with sofa, chair, coffee table, dinette, kitchenette, dresser and mirror, nightstands and a very comfortable king sized bed with a pillow-top mattress. A patio door opened out onto a large veranda with a great view of the sea. After we had been in our room about fifteen minutes, the housekeeper Karen knocked at our door and asked if everything was ok with the room. We thought that was a nice touch. At night, the only sound was that of the sea.

There was a nice pool across the road. The restaurant and bar were also across the road. We ate at the restaurant twice and the food and service we received was good. Every part of the property was clean, tidy, and secure. We walked about a mile up and down the road in both directions from the property and were not bothered by anyone. The sea was rough until our last morning. Keith encouraged me to get in the water before we left so I grabbed my snorkel gear and got a chance to see the reef and coral.

Keith, the manager, is a native Jamaican who grew up and was educated in New York. He is very pleasant and easy to talk to. He was happy to answer the questions I had about the "how's and why's" of Jamaican life and Jamaican customs.

This was our third trip to Jamaica and the sixth hotel we've stayed at in those three years. We like places that are not crowded. We like the personal touches but we also like to be left alone. Most of all, we like to be very close (100 feet or less) to the sea. Westender Inn meets all of these needs.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dvandrv
Reviewed 11 March 2010

A place were romance blossoms. I called it a hidden treasure. My husband and thoroughly enjoyed the environment, the host and hostess, and the beautiful contemporary and modern suite. I just love every moment.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2010

My first time to Jamaica and my hotel recommendation came from a high school friend from the class of 69. My friend has never stayed anywhere else. On the first day, white and pale, having traveled from Denmark in Northern Europe, there were doubts. On the second and third days, pink and sunburnt, I had already warmed up to the friendly personnel, the beautiful countryside and local cultur. On my 7th and final day, roasted brown, I had melted into Jamaica. It was too soon to leave. If you want beautiful surroundings and still close enough to the pulsating vibes of Negril, give Westender Inn a shot (no pun intended).

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2010

Overall, we had a wonderful stay at Westender. Here's why:
1) Seclusion - we were turned off by the crowds on the 7 mile beach. We appreciated the solitude and quality of people who stayed here.
2) Staff - Keith, Ryan, Kamar, Nelson were all really kind and accommodating. We thoroughly enjoyed our conversations with everyone. They would go out of their way to appease my sugar cane and other food cravings! Really introduced us to Jamaican hospitality.
3) Comfort - everything was so easy! You just told Keith what you wanted, and he made it happen! The room was comfortable. We got a water view, just like I wanted.
A few points of improvement (this might be nit picky):
1) Improve the lawns. The rest of the foliage was gorgeous. Just the lawn outside our room was not as lush.
2) Real Jamaican character means warmth and friendliness but also weed and misogyny. Nelson, as nice as he was, is prone to smokin up while driving and making some crass jokes.

And this is just as an FYI - if you're going to a waterfall, take a change of clothes! We weren't as well informed and ended up driving 1.5 hours to Mayfield Falls to take the tour completely soaked.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2010

It was one of the best experiences of my life. My best-friend got married there and I spent just as much time with the staff as with him and my friends. The entire staff and crew were extremely hospitable. They took time out to talk to us. We really experienced Jamaica. The people, culture lifestyle, food. Keith should us the town, told us the best rates to exchange our money.

The rooms were clean, food was good, entertainment was DONE!!!! I love the whole experience. When I come back to Jamaica I wouldn't go anywhere else. If you go someplace else your doing your self wrong. I'm going back. And when I go back I'm going to visit my family at the Westender Inn. Not staff, not a hotel crew, cooks, security... I'm visiting my people. I'm going home.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends