“This was a fantastic place for a wedding.”
Review of Westender Inn

Westender Inn
Ranked #29 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Calgary,Alberta
“This was a fantastic place for a wedding.”
Reviewed 10 April 2010

This was my first time to Jamaica and I couldn't have stayed at a better place. I was in a group of 16 people for a wedding that took place at the hotel. It was the perfect setting for a small intimate wedding. We had the wedding service by the ocean just before sunset which made for an amazing setting. Supper was made by the hotel with dancing after. It was all great. The staff were great, Keith, Kamar, Ryan, Karen, and our wonderful bus driver, Nelson made our stay the best possible. Many thanks to all the rest of the staff that I can't remember their names. They were so friendly. Jackie's on the Reef, the spa next to the Westender is worthwhile going to. I would highly recommending the Westender for anyone looking for a place to go to that wants a relaxing stay in Negril.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank BrenCalgary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
brisbane
Reviewed 10 April 2010

I had the pleasure of staying for 7 nights at the Westender Inn.

I noticed immediately: accommodating staff, beautiful scenery and great management.

The staff were very helpful from day to day. Keith, Ryan, Kemar, Germaine, Kevin, Natty, Karen (and others) were always around to assist with anything a person would be needing out at The Westender. If it were: a ride to town, a Pina Colada, a clean room, or more Red Stripe, the staff at the Westender were eager to help.

The place is away from town, which is a good thing! Actually, it is a GREAT thing. Being away from all the annoying Hustlers is a blessing in disguise. A person can only take so much of this and in small doses. The Westender is a good 6 miles from town. This makes the place quiet, relaxed and serene! The ocean is crystal clear and a daily snorkel off the rocks in front is a must.

The Management is awesome at The Westender! Keith and Ryan keep that place running smoothly. Keith is more than helpful and keeps the boys on the right track at all times. Keith has a great sense for business and keeping the Westender Inn as one of the top places to stay in Negril. It has my vote for sure! Keep up all the good work, and hope to see you bros at another time.

DEV

• Stayed April 2010
greensboro
Reviewed 10 April 2010

I was recently married at the Westenderinn and I must say it was the best experience I have ever had. The rooms were great, spacious, cool and held the noise off very well. For the price there is no way you can beat a stay at this location. The staff was friendly and took absolute care of myself, my new wife as well as the friends and family that traveled with us. I will certainly stay at the westender Inn again. The Food at the resteraunt was fabolous and grounds were well kept, neat and clean. The view is absolutely amazing. Please see my pictures!

• Stayed December 2009
Canada
Reviewed 10 April 2010

try this small hotel, the cliffs are great, get a feel of the real jamaica, we stayed in the room middle above the office it was great 40 ft from the sea. The restaurant had a limited menu but everthing was fantastic. K-mar and manager keith made sure all our needs were looked after. We have travelled to negril 20 times or more and will never go back to an all inclusive in negril again. For sure try this hotel instead of the commercial fast pace all inclusive hotels where you feel as if you are in a compound and not no which country your visiting.
visiting from Parry Sound Canada (the carsons)

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Cambridge
Reviewed 5 April 2010

We didn't know what to expect booking into Westender Inn but we were very satisfied with this hotel. We stayed at the Inn in a 1 bedroomed apartment from January to March 2010. At first, we were apprehensive about the location of the Inn as it's 10 km from the town centre. However the hotel has a shuttle that would take you anywhere for a fee. I would recommend having your own transport especially if you're there on a long stay like we were.
The hotel is divided into 2 parts separated by a road and has a restaurant and a pool. There is a little beach area but very rocky and there is access to snorkelling. The sunsets at the hotel were to die for. The seaview apartment we stayed in was across the road and had all the amenities. The staff including Kemar (who made us scrumptious rum punch), Karen (housekeeper), Ryan, Kelvin and Woolie were all friendly and helpful. The manager Keith, was exceptionally accommodating and would go out of his way to make your stay comfortable. He showed and recommended us places that were off the beaten track. We love and miss Ivy the resident dog, whom we used to take for evening walks.
We did experience loss of wifi (which was shut off when someone downloaded large files) and poor mobile phone signal.
All in all we found the place to be very relaxing and peaceful. The bar shuts early and there's no entertainment so if you're a party person then look elsewhere.
We look forward to our trips there not only for the hotel but for the friends we've made.

• Stayed January 2010
New York
Reviewed 29 March 2010

I stayed at the Westender with a large group of friends (18 people). The staff was very friendly and helpful and the view was beautiful. We had our own private building we stayed in and it was right on the ocean.

• Stayed March 2010
Maritimes
Reviewed 28 March 2010

"Welcome Home" were the first words spoken to us when we arrived after our transfer from the Montego Bay airport. That sentiment, while it could have been only words, was carried out in actions, attitudes and hard work over the ten days we stayed at the Westender Inn in March.

We were looking for a place to stay that was fairly quiet, not jammed in by other resorts, comfortable, with kitchenette and a view. The Westender surpassed our expectations. When I walked into our second floor room, I was impressed by the quality of the bedding, the comfort of the couch and chair, the kitchen area but then, as good as that was, when I looked toward the sliding glass doors that were showcasing the balcony and the view, I thought I died and went to heaven!

The furniture on the balcony is of the highest quality, extremely comfortable and durable but the view just took your breath away. We were looking almost straight down on the surf coming into the small cliff and cove and could feel, smell and hear the sea.

Others have mentioned the excellent hard working and friendly staff and I can only pipe in and say I already miss their friendliness, humour and intelligence.

Sure, it's a little ride out of town (5 minutes really) but the Westender bends over backwards to get you into where the "action" is or to the beach or to pick up jerk chicken, get banking or shopping done. If you want to experience real hospitality, very well maintained rooms, Caribbean views, great grounds, with a pool, restaurant and bar on site, the Westender Inn is perfect...at least it was for us.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple