“Best Honeymoon destination we could ask for!”
Review of Westender Inn

Westender Inn
Ranked #28 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Bellingham, Washington
“Best Honeymoon destination we could ask for!”
Reviewed 6 October 2010

We spent our honeymoon at the Westender in September and had the most amazing time! The amazing room, view, staff, and food really made our trip a paradise we will never forget. The staff are wonderful and extremely helpful - you will know them all by name! We stayed in the Almond Suite and enjoyed waking up to the peaceful waves outside of our veranda, ordered delicious breakfast and Jamaican coffee from the restaurant, and then snorkeled on site. We did some adventures around town, but also stayed put in our own little corner of the world - we loved every minute of it! The Westender offers seclusion, beauty and an authentic experience of Jamaican culture.
-Justin and Kristina Shepherd (married Sept. 5th, 2010).

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KTinaShep

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Reviewed 5 October 2010

The place is heaven. There really isn't much more to say. I'll let the photos speak for themselves.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank OceanMistress
Reviewed 3 September 2010

I had not been back to Jamacia for 25 years.After three children and a marraige i thought it was time, Thank God i choose The Westender.From the time i was picked up at the airport by a driver specially selected by the manager Keith and given a detailed tour along the way i had already felt that i had not been away from Jamacia as long as i had.

Keith and his fantastic staff make you comfortable and at ease as soon as you arrive at the Westender.The rooms, the view, the peacefulness of the property are not to be topped.The best way to experience the beauty of Negril, Jamacia is not from behind the walls of some all-inc hotel in the heart of the city but from a short ride away in the beautiful hills and untouched coastline surrounding the Westender.The feeling you get from the carefully picked and trained staff to the extended stay residents as well as the beloved dog make you so comfortable that leaving is difficult but going back will be like coming home...of which i plan to do at least once a year till the sunsets stop setting.Thanks Keith and your staff as well.

Don't leave the Westender off your Bucket List!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Keithtwo
Negril, Jamaica
Reviewed 28 August 2010

My first trip to Negril was in the very early seventies. I have never selected to travel to another island. When asked my reasons I simply say I found my paradise --why look any farther? Back in the day, there were no public phones ( no phones period in Negril I think). One took a trip to Savannah Lamar if one needed one and stood in a long line, much like going t o the Scotia Bank ATM nowadays. My first stay was at Crystal Waters Resort on the beach. The white sandy beach,, by the way stretched seven and one half miles then as it does today. But, you could shoot a cannon down it and hit no one. Man! That was a glorious sight to see and claim ownership of for hours at a time. One or two rum bars poured the Appeleton and played the new rage raggae music on the radio. I think there was one place that might qualify as a restaurant on the beach. Chicken Lavish was the spot off the beach for real food. And, there was Ricks and the Lighthouse.
I returned over the years and have experienced many accomodations. These include my dear friends wonderful internationally known spa "Jackies On the Riff!" Jackie is next door and provides the guests here with a place to get a bevy of health treatments like the greatest massages and scrubs and yoga lessons. She and Dan Brewer who created and owns this INN have hung out here for over twenty five years providing class, creativity and confort to many world travelers.

I decided after spending two months here to rent one of the pristine cottages on the property here for a year. I am an author who recently retired from NYU and NYC to complete my third work. My intentions since my first trip to Jamaica have been to return here for my third phase of life. I am here and I want to tell you in brief here The Westender Inn at times, I think, has been created for me and others like me who want the best of the Caribbean off the beaten paths where the air is clear, the poinsettas are perpetually bloomingand the sunsets and sun rises are colossal. The people who run the place like Keith Dunhany the genera lmanager and Dan Brewer the owner and their staffs are incredible, the food is home cooked, the swimming pool backs up the salty sea pools and the Sea Herself. I am sure I have left out something like the music is great, the access to Negril and the hill communities is easy. This is a charmed place nestled here on the West End of Negril.
There is so much more I could say,but I think you get the picture. Oh Yes! For those like myself, who are challenged by physical problems THE INN is wheel chair, cane and walker accessible;it is so landscaped that the visually challenged will be free to move about with ease and comfort. And, the price is right so you can come on down and stay awhile as I am doing. It is truly as its motto says is" The place to come and set the sun." You will leave this INN thinking "soon come back to this jewel tucked away fron,but near the action of Negrils' strip.

Nettie Jones

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank netti015
Rockville, MD
Reviewed 15 August 2010

To Keith, Kamar, Corin, Gary, Germaine, Natty, and all the rest of the amazing staff at the Westender Inn, thank you for a most unbelievable experience – We’ll be back next year and the year after that and the year after that!

Planning for our first trip ever out of the US was a challenge to "pick that special spot" – find the one country we wanted to visit, and THEN find the "right" hotel – teenager friendly being a necessity. The Westender Inn met all our needs, and far exceeded our expectations. While pictures may give an idea of what to expect – they pale against the reality of this place.

From the moment we arrived, the fantastic staff of the Westender seemed to have anticipated every need, and to go above and beyond to make sure our stay was wonderful. Each staff member was attentive, helpful, and oh so friendly and welcoming.

We booked suite 23 – definitely perfect for us. Located on the second floor, garden side, it has huge great room with a kitchen, living area, and dining table and chairs, tile floors, high ceilings, beautifully decorated and with two balconies overlooking the ocean greeted us. A twin bed was situated behind the couch for our 13 year old, and was barely noticeable due to the size of the room.

The huge master bedroom with bath was fantastic. The stunning hand carved, king-sized bed was covered with heavenly pillows and we experienced a sleep so peaceful --we awoke fully refreshed, relaxed and rested each morning.

Flowers and trees abound on the immaculately kept grounds. Paths lead down to the ocean and a sea pool where you can watch the most spectacular sunsets I’ve ever seen. The cove is wonderful for snorkeling and there are various lounges and chairs both in and out of the sun for worshiping the sun or shade as the fancy strikes you. On the garden side is the restaurant and pool, again, beautifully maintained. Great food, great service, and reasonably priced!

Close to Negril, duty free shopping, wondeful day trips, and a spa next door for yoga and incredible massages -- perfection! Plenty to do for any age -- and the most awesome vacation we've EVER had.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Phynyxx
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Great staff, they went out of their way to make my time very special. Thanks to everyone, see you soon.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 July 2010

My girlfriend and i stayed at the Westender for 8 too short days in june - july. It is the peak of relaxation. Everyone was so hospitable and made you feel like you belonged, especially Keith, Kemar, Kevin, and Ben. As amazing as this place was it actually seemed, even during our stay, that they were improving things. Due to other bookings we stayed in 2 different rooms and both were immaculate and just as described. If you are looking for a non stop party this is not the place for you it is off the beaten path although we spent several nights out in the city partying and had a great time, and it was nice knowing we would have an amazing nights sleep when we returned. There aren't words for the sunsets or the ocean views no matter if the sea is calm or rough. There isn't a better value in Jamaica than the Westender. I can't wait to get back next year.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple