Westender Inn
US$120
US$59
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$71
Negril Tree House Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$148
Xtabi Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$78
Hedonism II(Negril)
US$767
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssea poolalmond suitehotel shuttlecrashing wavessalt water poolwest endshuttle serviceocean sidedowntown negrilackee and saltfishbeautiful propertythe entire staffseven mile beachlaid backreal jamaicathe cliffrelaxing vacation
Reviewed 30 January 2011

First time here was in '86 so I have watched it grow and develop over the years and it is quite remarkable now. Environment is laid back and definitely not for loud partying. However, the guests are extremely open and friendly (like the incredible staff) and good times are had every night, especially down by the water where they have frequent bon fires at night. Swimming, snorkeling, and beautiful outdoor relaxation awaits you here. Free shuttle service up and down the busier strip if you wish to venture out to sample other establishments food and beverage; nightlife, or shopping. Highly recommend. I included photos and one of them is what I came home to in Maryland which will demonstrate the need for getting away to a tropical paradise whenever possible!!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 January 2011

I wanted to post this review well everything is still fresh in my mind. It was not easy to wake up this morning and look out at a cloudy, cold sky in Atlanta and I'm sure when Wayne wakes up after his long, long day yesterday he won't believe he is looking at snow instead of a view of the beautiful sea from our wonderful verandah at the Westender Inn.

I don't know how many times during our two week stay I said "this is the most perfect spot on the planet". From all the other reviews here you will know about the awesome bonfire nights, the incredible food, the delicious coffee, the heartfelt warmth of every staff member you encounter, the moonsets, the mornings, the afternoon rains, the rainbows and of course, the spectacular sunsets...

The resort itself, the rooms, the gardens, the pool, the seapool and the restauran are all supurb and the owner Dan (who we had the pleasure to meet) should be very proud of what he has built and for the staff he has selected to continue to have the best small inn in Negril. However, for Wayne & I it was the people who made our trip so special.

Tamesha - so warm and welcoming.
Kamar & all the bar staff...best frozen drinks, warming smiles & incredible friendliness.
Natty & Reece - thank you for all the wonderful meals and especially my morning coffee...pancakes to die for!
Willy - thanks for keeping our plants on our verandah and everywhere else so perfect.
English - keeping us safe and watching you dance, well...you were inspiring
Keith - you run a wonderful ship, thank you for being so kind and for everything you did for us while we were there.
Gary - I hope you are still there next year...but I'm afraid someone will grab you to run their resort....thanks for sharing the stories with us about your family and for organizing our farewill bonfire & special balloon...it meant alot to us.
Calvinator...thanks for the wonderful meal you cooked for us and for allowing us into your home to meet your family, that was a night we will always remember...
Karen...I hope you become Head of Housekeeping as you deserve it! Nothing we ever asked you for was denied.
My hair dresser, my laundress and now my friend.
Kevin - You made our trip and became Wayne's new best friend. I'm so sorry about the loss of Twelve Gage....I hope Junior Twelve Gage will make you proud. Thanks for the picture in the Almond tree and we can't wait to see you next year.
Nelson - well, from start to finish you were there for us and I can't thank you enough for the pleasureable times we spent with you. Your knowledge of Jamaica is a treasure, as you are our treasure and our Jamaican friend forever.

I hope I didn't forget anyone....love to all....and we are starting to save for next year this week!

Oh, don't forget to visit Jackie on the Reef next door for the best hot rock massage/couples massage & mani/pedi ever!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2011

We found the Westender on a whim. We originally booked at another location in Negril and were severely dissappointed. The Westender was our 2nd choice when we first considered Negril and that was our 1st mistake. It should have been and will always be our FIRST CHOICE!!!

The Westender is most Perfect Inn. The staff there are beyond Helpful and Friendly. We heard the waves crashing every day & night right from the comfort of our balcony.

We had the most amazing stay.

We will most definately be back....Many Thanks and Nuf Luv to Keith, Kevin, Nadine, Natty and all the Staff for making our stay in Negril Picture Perfect.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2011

we have found our jamaican home at the westender inn. great location away from all the busy-ness of town or the beach. catch a ride into town or the beach for the afternoon and enjoy coming back to relax. drinks and dinner watching sunset and bonfire on sundays is not to be missed. can't say enough about the staff, a great group of caring people. had a great stay, and will be back again and again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2011

I have never written a review for a hotel before, but after our recent 3 night stay last weekend at the Westender Inn I felt compelled to praise this hidden gem. We have never felt so welcomed at an establishment. This was the warmest, most genuine hotel staff top to bottom that I have ever encountered while on vacation. Their personal touch is truly what makes the difference and it should come across in past reviews. A lot of the staff live on the resort and are even very accommodating on their off time…ready and willing to ensure you have a wonderful time in paradise. Before the end of your stay, you will feel like family and it was sad to go. Not because of the island, but because of the personal relationships established. No problem “mon”.

The resort is remote and nestled away from the high volume tourist areas, but that is part of the allure. It is both peaceful and safe. The bulk of the other resorts/beaches and the downtown shopping is a 5 to 10 minute ride. The staff is available to take you at any time. They even arrange transportation for longer excursions and rides to/from the airport. A manager’s reception bon fire was held on Sunday night that included a Jamaican dish buffet, full tiki bar by the ocean, music and even sky lanterns.

Special thanks go to ALL the staff!

Keith…the best general manager on the island.

Gary…assistant general manager…nothing too large or small for you to handle..you are ready to run your own resort!

Kamar…bartender/host extraordinaire…keep the rum punch flowing mon!

Kaneesha, Karen and Nadine…great hostesses….thanks for braiding Denise’s hair Kaneesha..still looks great!

Jermaine and Nelson – thanks for the rides and the verbal tour…also ensuring we were safe

Natty and Reece- you guys can cook up anything and make it to die for…(Natty..you need to patent your secret jerk sauce!)

The secret it out….this is THE place to stay in Negril! Keep doing what you are doing…warmly from Denise and Charles….hope the rest of 2011 is great for you……we will be back soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends