“Awesome staff who made our stay memorable!”
Review of Westender Inn

Westender Inn
Ranked #31 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Vancouver, Canada
“Awesome staff who made our stay memorable!”
Reviewed 8 February 2011

Keith and his staff were just amazing. Every request was met with "no problem mon". Nothing was too much for Gary, Jermaine, Nadine and Chris who were all super nice and friendly. We had a great room with fantastic view and beautiful verandah with its own hammock. Just a few short steps down to the beach and our favorite lounge chairs overlooking the sea water pool. We were right next to the bar where we shared a few red stripes and rum punches with the other guests who were all very friendly. Breakfast was excellent but service could be a little slow but no worries mon! If you want a quiet relaxing vacation, this is the place. You can always get a ride to Seven Mile Beach and restaurants in the evening if you want the crowds but the Westender is always good to come home to. We must stay longer next time.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
NY
Reviewed 5 February 2011

Wow! Where do I start??
My husband and I have travelled all over the world, but never to Jamaica.
Negril was recommended by friends of ours, and my hotel search began!
Since I always research using tripadvisor, I figured the #1 hotel for Negril had to be amazing!
Well, I am so glad I listened to fellow travelers!
The Westender Inn exceeded our expectations!
From the minute we arrived at the airport, our hotel transfer, Nelson, was awaiting us.
He was so cordial and gave us a wonderful tour of the area from Montego Bay to Negril.
We arrived at the Westender, and were warmly welcomed by Keith and his staff.
Our room was ready (we had the honeymoon ocean suite) and we headed to it!
Simple, clean, quiet and quaint...it met our expectations. Oh, and I can't forget the hammock, which my husband didn't want to leave!
As for the grounds: luscious gardens, spectacular ocean views and beautiful cliffs.
Also, great tiki bar! One night we had a bonfire, with lanterns, great reggae music and homemade jerk chicken! Thanks again!
Staff were always available to take you anywhere your heart desired. We went out to dinner one night at the Rockhouse (which was great) and went to 7 mile beach twice. We felt very safe and we were pleased that the staff was so hospitable.
We ate most meals at the restaurant. Everyone catered to what we would like...you ask for it, they would make it. We asked for fish sandwiches twice. Our wishes were accommodated, and the sandwiches were very good! We also had breakfast there each morning and had the snapper run-down one night! Excellent!
Also, don't forget to go over to Jackie's next door for a massage. My husband and I both did and it was extremely relaxing! They also make homemade fruit smoothies...you must try!
We are planning on returning with a few more couples. This is a great place to come and enjoy with family and friends!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 3 February 2011

Service: Expect attentive and kind staffers from management, front desk to security, gardening to housekeeping. I cannot begin to express the exceptional kindness shown to the guests. Above and beyond service is the norm, not the exception. Keith – you have assembled one of the best teams on the island!
Location: Beautiful, full, sea views from most rooms. Hassle free walks on the road.
Lovely garden areas.
Water accessibility: A short ladder to snorkeling. A wide variety of corals, parrot fish, morays, skates, urchins. Small beach area with a salt water pool was wonderful for sunning, reading and socializing.
No problems with transportation into town – thank you, Jermaine.
Rooms are not fancy, but clean and comfortable thanks to Karen and Jessica and the AC was great for sleeping.
Excellent star watching
Adjacent to Jackie’s – best massage ever
Guests: An eclectic group from US and Canada – great conversations and impromptu parties – lovely to meet you all!
Some thoughts:
Bar and restaurant are located across the road and afford a view of the parking lot;
too bad the dining facilities are not located on the ocean side.
Entertainment: No big shows (thankfully) but the bonfire nights with sky lanterns were great!
Menu: The food is good but would suggest an occasional special or theme night menu to keep guests on site for the dinner hour
Beach bar was often closed so guests stocked drinks in their rooms.
All in all, a very relaxing location without traffic and noise, excellent service - we highly recommend Westender!

Midway, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 February 2011

My wife and i just returned from Westender. It was truly a totally relaxing experience from the first day until the last. We made great new friends,Pam and Max(madonna) with whom we shared some memorable times. The ambience of the place is laid back and easy Mon, but the staff is always there to lend a hand. Every morning we would have our coffee on the porch while we waited for breakfast,just watching the sun rise and listening to the waves crash just feet from our door. I especially loved the bonfires and the sky lanterns which added a romantic effect to the evenings,and the massages next door at Jackies were amazing.It is a rarity in todays fast paced world that you get to know and remember names of safff members,but I would be remiss if I didnt thank the staff individually.Keith,Gary,Tomeisha,Jermaine,Kemar,Kennisha,Rais,Kelvin,Kevin,Cristopher,Colin,and especially to our host Dan the Man,who made us feel like friends and family.Thanks!We will be back!!

Washington D.C.
Reviewed 30 January 2011

First time here was in '86 so I have watched it grow and develop over the years and it is quite remarkable now. Environment is laid back and definitely not for loud partying. However, the guests are extremely open and friendly (like the incredible staff) and good times are had every night, especially down by the water where they have frequent bon fires at night. Swimming, snorkeling, and beautiful outdoor relaxation awaits you here. Free shuttle service up and down the busier strip if you wish to venture out to sample other establishments food and beverage; nightlife, or shopping. Highly recommend. I included photos and one of them is what I came home to in Maryland which will demonstrate the need for getting away to a tropical paradise whenever possible!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Atlanta
Reviewed 26 January 2011

I wanted to post this review well everything is still fresh in my mind. It was not easy to wake up this morning and look out at a cloudy, cold sky in Atlanta and I'm sure when Wayne wakes up after his long, long day yesterday he won't believe he is looking at snow instead of a view of the beautiful sea from our wonderful verandah at the Westender Inn.

I don't know how many times during our two week stay I said "this is the most perfect spot on the planet". From all the other reviews here you will know about the awesome bonfire nights, the incredible food, the delicious coffee, the heartfelt warmth of every staff member you encounter, the moonsets, the mornings, the afternoon rains, the rainbows and of course, the spectacular sunsets...

The resort itself, the rooms, the gardens, the pool, the seapool and the restauran are all supurb and the owner Dan (who we had the pleasure to meet) should be very proud of what he has built and for the staff he has selected to continue to have the best small inn in Negril. However, for Wayne & I it was the people who made our trip so special.

Tamesha - so warm and welcoming.
Kamar & all the bar staff...best frozen drinks, warming smiles & incredible friendliness.
Natty & Reece - thank you for all the wonderful meals and especially my morning coffee...pancakes to die for!
Willy - thanks for keeping our plants on our verandah and everywhere else so perfect.
English - keeping us safe and watching you dance, well...you were inspiring
Keith - you run a wonderful ship, thank you for being so kind and for everything you did for us while we were there.
Gary - I hope you are still there next year...but I'm afraid someone will grab you to run their resort....thanks for sharing the stories with us about your family and for organizing our farewill bonfire & special balloon...it meant alot to us.
Calvinator...thanks for the wonderful meal you cooked for us and for allowing us into your home to meet your family, that was a night we will always remember...
Karen...I hope you become Head of Housekeeping as you deserve it! Nothing we ever asked you for was denied.
My hair dresser, my laundress and now my friend.
Kevin - You made our trip and became Wayne's new best friend. I'm so sorry about the loss of Twelve Gage....I hope Junior Twelve Gage will make you proud. Thanks for the picture in the Almond tree and we can't wait to see you next year.
Nelson - well, from start to finish you were there for us and I can't thank you enough for the pleasureable times we spent with you. Your knowledge of Jamaica is a treasure, as you are our treasure and our Jamaican friend forever.

I hope I didn't forget anyone....love to all....and we are starting to save for next year this week!

Oh, don't forget to visit Jackie on the Reef next door for the best hot rock massage/couples massage & mani/pedi ever!

Greensville
Reviewed 25 January 2011

We found the Westender on a whim. We originally booked at another location in Negril and were severely dissappointed. The Westender was our 2nd choice when we first considered Negril and that was our 1st mistake. It should have been and will always be our FIRST CHOICE!!!

The Westender is most Perfect Inn. The staff there are beyond Helpful and Friendly. We heard the waves crashing every day & night right from the comfort of our balcony.

We had the most amazing stay.

We will most definately be back....Many Thanks and Nuf Luv to Keith, Kevin, Nadine, Natty and all the Staff for making our stay in Negril Picture Perfect.