Westender Inn
US$343
  • Breakfast included
US$978
US$582
Home Sweet Home Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$288
US$164
US$79
  • Pool
US$108
US$79
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$67
US$279
US$217
Catcha Falling Star(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$272
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
TripAdvisor
All reviewssea poolalmond suitehotel shuttlecrashing wavessalt water poolwest endshuttle serviceocean sidedowntown negrilackee and saltfishbeautiful propertythe entire staffseven mile beachlaid backreal jamaicathe cliffrelaxing vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 February 2011

My girlfriend and I found The Westender via their #1 rating on tripadvisor. We were torn between an All Inclusive and Westender's cozy, secluded property.

So we stayed at Holiday Inn Sunspree in Montego Bay for three days for the AI experience. And then we travelled to Negril for our adventure at Westender for Jan 30-Feb 3.

While Holiday Inn Sunspree was nice and comfortable and the AI is always a good option, we found The Westender to be the most relaxing part of our trip and experience in Jamaica.

Like almost everyone who filed a review on tripadvisor, the best aspect of Westender is the service you receive from the team working there.

Westender arranged the travel from Montego Bay to Negril and sent Nelson to pick us up. He was very knowledgable and provided much information on the 2-hour ride. Nelson ended up taking us once in Negril and then back to the airport. Nice guy... and a great introduction to Westender.

Once we arrived, we were personally greeted by Keith and met the staff over the balance of the day. The sound of the ocean crashing against the reef was awesome. The private beach and sunning areas allowed you to just relax. We did not miss the business and nightlife of core Negril... and it's just a short trip with their shuttle into town.

Thanks goes out to everyone on the team at Westender. I know I'll miss some names and I apologize for that.

Dan the owner was there for our store and provided great tips and stories. He has accomplished much in his ownership of almost 30 years with this property. Our first night there, we did not have any snacks or extra food and he was kind enough to lend us some munchies from his personal supply -Thanks!

Keith is a professional leader and developed the property and team very well. We enjoyed dealing with him and he was a great host.

Gary is the assistant GM and runs the operations side of things. He got our hammock and fridge together. He had many tips and advice to offer on where to go and what to do. He steered us towards Rockhouse Hotel for dinner - great place to go! With my iphone charger on the fritz, he solved that by lending me his charger. Friendly and skilled, he's a great asset!

Nadine, Kumar and Kanesha helped us out at the bar and restaurant. Jermaine took us back and forth on the shuttle. The housekeeping and grounds crew were all smiles. Thanks to all of you for making our vacation so memorable.

At a property like this, you also make some great friends in the guests who stay there. Each and every one was approachable and it was great to meet people from Canada and the U.S. who loved their time there as much as we did.

In short, this is a great place to stay at and learn about what Jamaica and its people have to offer. Trust the reviews... and come stay a while here. Our only complaint was leaving and perhaps we should have stayed all seven days here. Suzi & I feel like we have a home in Negril to return to and will definitely return to enjoy again!

Reviewed 8 February 2011

Keith and his staff were just amazing. Every request was met with "no problem mon". Nothing was too much for Gary, Jermaine, Nadine and Chris who were all super nice and friendly. We had a great room with fantastic view and beautiful verandah with its own hammock. Just a few short steps down to the beach and our favorite lounge chairs overlooking the sea water pool. We were right next to the bar where we shared a few red stripes and rum punches with the other guests who were all very friendly. Breakfast was excellent but service could be a little slow but no worries mon! If you want a quiet relaxing vacation, this is the place. You can always get a ride to Seven Mile Beach and restaurants in the evening if you want the crowds but the Westender is always good to come home to. We must stay longer next time.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2011

Wow! Where do I start??
My husband and I have travelled all over the world, but never to Jamaica.
Negril was recommended by friends of ours, and my hotel search began!
Since I always research using tripadvisor, I figured the #1 hotel for Negril had to be amazing!
Well, I am so glad I listened to fellow travelers!
The Westender Inn exceeded our expectations!
From the minute we arrived at the airport, our hotel transfer, Nelson, was awaiting us.
He was so cordial and gave us a wonderful tour of the area from Montego Bay to Negril.
We arrived at the Westender, and were warmly welcomed by Keith and his staff.
Our room was ready (we had the honeymoon ocean suite) and we headed to it!
Simple, clean, quiet and quaint...it met our expectations. Oh, and I can't forget the hammock, which my husband didn't want to leave!
As for the grounds: luscious gardens, spectacular ocean views and beautiful cliffs.
Also, great tiki bar! One night we had a bonfire, with lanterns, great reggae music and homemade jerk chicken! Thanks again!
Staff were always available to take you anywhere your heart desired. We went out to dinner one night at the Rockhouse (which was great) and went to 7 mile beach twice. We felt very safe and we were pleased that the staff was so hospitable.
We ate most meals at the restaurant. Everyone catered to what we would like...you ask for it, they would make it. We asked for fish sandwiches twice. Our wishes were accommodated, and the sandwiches were very good! We also had breakfast there each morning and had the snapper run-down one night! Excellent!
Also, don't forget to go over to Jackie's next door for a massage. My husband and I both did and it was extremely relaxing! They also make homemade fruit smoothies...you must try!
We are planning on returning with a few more couples. This is a great place to come and enjoy with family and friends!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2011

Service: Expect attentive and kind staffers from management, front desk to security, gardening to housekeeping. I cannot begin to express the exceptional kindness shown to the guests. Above and beyond service is the norm, not the exception. Keith – you have assembled one of the best teams on the island!
Location: Beautiful, full, sea views from most rooms. Hassle free walks on the road.
Lovely garden areas.
Water accessibility: A short ladder to snorkeling. A wide variety of corals, parrot fish, morays, skates, urchins. Small beach area with a salt water pool was wonderful for sunning, reading and socializing.
No problems with transportation into town – thank you, Jermaine.
Rooms are not fancy, but clean and comfortable thanks to Karen and Jessica and the AC was great for sleeping.
Excellent star watching
Adjacent to Jackie’s – best massage ever
Guests: An eclectic group from US and Canada – great conversations and impromptu parties – lovely to meet you all!
Some thoughts:
Bar and restaurant are located across the road and afford a view of the parking lot;
too bad the dining facilities are not located on the ocean side.
Entertainment: No big shows (thankfully) but the bonfire nights with sky lanterns were great!
Menu: The food is good but would suggest an occasional special or theme night menu to keep guests on site for the dinner hour
Beach bar was often closed so guests stocked drinks in their rooms.
All in all, a very relaxing location without traffic and noise, excellent service - we highly recommend Westender!

Reviewed 2 February 2011

My wife and i just returned from Westender. It was truly a totally relaxing experience from the first day until the last. We made great new friends,Pam and Max(madonna) with whom we shared some memorable times. The ambience of the place is laid back and easy Mon, but the staff is always there to lend a hand. Every morning we would have our coffee on the porch while we waited for breakfast,just watching the sun rise and listening to the waves crash just feet from our door. I especially loved the bonfires and the sky lanterns which added a romantic effect to the evenings,and the massages next door at Jackies were amazing.It is a rarity in todays fast paced world that you get to know and remember names of safff members,but I would be remiss if I didnt thank the staff individually.Keith,Gary,Tomeisha,Jermaine,Kemar,Kennisha,Rais,Kelvin,Kevin,Cristopher,Colin,and especially to our host Dan the Man,who made us feel like friends and family.Thanks!We will be back!!