I just returned from a fabulous 5 weeks in Jamaica. One of the highlights was four days I spent at Negril Escape, a charming hotel and spa set amidst a lush tropical garden, on Negril's west end. Each charming cottage had a theme. My favourite was Oriental Express with its gorgeous jewel toned walls and dark furniture. My door opened out to a spectacular view of evening sunsets—the frothy sea crashing on the rocks below.
Now I could have spent my vacation sitting at the bar and savouring yummy tropical drinks but luckily my mom and my sister booked a tour called "the river walk". Organized by the hotel, this walk exceeded my expectations. We were taken on an adventure of a lifetime that we won't soon forget. Our every need was catered to. An inviting basket of fresh fruit greeted us as we entered the comfortable, clean air conditioned bus which took us to the lush forest. Perry, our driver pointed out places of interest and bought cool refreshments for us to enjoy on the way. We were handed over to Dave, our guide who led us safely through the river where we climbed over rocks, rested in waterfalls and swam through a cavern under the cool green of the forest canopy. I was touched by Dave's kindness. Sometimes I'd look over to see my mom's arms wrapped around his neck as he swam with her on his back through particularly deep and challenging parts of the river. Josie, a young boy came along to carry our cameras and lend us a helping hand over the slippery rocks. We were ecstatic when we completed the long trek through the river. The trip concluded at a little Jamaican restaurant with excellent authentic fare.
On Tuesday nights, the sunset show draws a crowd. http://www.negrilescape.com/sunsetshow/default.htm It was fun checking out Jungle King, the spectacular fire dancer and learning about Jamaican music through local musicians singing songs throughout the ages.
There are many all-inclusives on the Negril strip famous for their watered down version of the Jamaican experience. In my opinion they can't compare to this sweet spot where everything, like the delicious tropical drinks at the bar is full-strength and authentic. My congratulations to Carey, the proprietor and thanks to all the kind and attentive staff who made my stay memorable. I can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique resort Located on the cliffs in Negril. Offers a natural, holistic environment. Gardens and paths winding through the limestone to the sea. Swim, snorkle, or scuba dive-(Negril Scuba Centre is located here!) enjoy a message in our spa on the edge of the cliff, or just relax by the pool. 10 cottages- each reflecting the rich,vibrant cultural heritage of Jamaica,from India to Africa, Asia to Europe. Service personalized to the guest's individual wishes. Come Escape, relax, and rejuvenate your body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Negril Escape Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Negril Escape Resort And Spa
- Negril Escape Hotel Negril