“Amazing view!”

Negril Escape Resort & Spa
Ranked #18 of 50 Negril B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Negril escape has one of the most beautiful views and for the price I paid I got a lot more than expected! I paid $548 for a package on Travelocity for a nonstop flight on JetBlue and 5 nights at Negril Escape, doing the math I paid about 31.50 a night because the JetBlue flight was 390 roughly. The accommodations are basic bed bathroom tv and overhead fan and a/c that runs only at night due to the fact that the hotel runs on solar energy during the day. These accommodations suite younger couple or solo travelers more so than families with young children. The continental breakfast was limited to just cereal and bread most days I never ate it I always ordered from the menu the food wasn't great but not terrible either it was passable. The property needs some updating and some work done I think even just a nice power wash and some painting and a little landscaping work would do wonders. The property has wifi but it is hard to get connected to from the rooms and the restaurant. The room I was in in the jamrock section has poor water pressure and that is my biggest complaint, But the view makes it worth it, it truly has one of the best views on the cliffs. All in all I enjoyed my stay but I'm not a fussy person. This is not the place for someone who prefers 4 or 5 star or has intentions of being in their room or on property for the most part, however if you just need a bed to sleep in at night with a killer view for sunsets and to wake up to this is the place for you.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank BreanaAshlee

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My boyfriend and I (but 24 years old, traveling on a budget) stayed at the negril escape this June 2014 and loved it. We were there in the off season so it was very quiet and we were one of only a few guests. If you're looking for a big fancy resort, look elsewhere. the negril escape is all about giving you great customer service and a wonderful, quaint place to sleep. The rooms were what you expect for the price- minimal, but nice. Clean. The doors only had a lock on the handle (no bolt lock or card entry) but I didn't feel unsafe. The window treatments could use an upgrade but we didn't mind. The grounds are beautiful and full of lush trees and flowers. The lighthouse is great to jump off of during the day. The food was average but breakfast was free which was nice. If you're looking for great food I recommend walking anywhere and finding the smallest shack you can find-- you will be surprised at how delicious the meal will be. Ras Rody's Organics is right down the road towards rick's cafe and has the most incredible food I have ever had. Our buddy Shadrock works there everyday and cooks up amazing vegan fare whenever you want. For $8 you'll get some variation on pumpkin stew, rice, roasted veggies and vegan protein. This description won't do it justice- you just have to go. And Shadrock is the friendliest guy in the world.

The staff at the negril escape are all very friendly and helpful. They will drive you anywhere for a reasonable fee. Don't hesitate to ask for whatever you want. All in all a great little place to stay on a budget!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aja M
Reviewed 16 July 2014

If you're looking for beautiful views, warm people and a comfortable bed Negril Escape is the place for you. We never had any issues with the AC during our 6 night stay. It was always cold and was surprisingly quiet for a window unit. I couldn't hear it over the drone of the fan they also provided. The bed was super comfy, so much so that I never missed my bed at home. The hot water situation was a little tricky. Some evenings it didn't seem to work but every morning the water was piping hot. It wasn't a big deal because the water was never too cold for us. They switch to solar power during the day so the AC units don't work (they use too many watts). This may be a problem if you're planning to lounge around in your room during the day (which I'll never understand since there is so much to see/do in Negril!) At night it was always so quiet and tranquil. We stayed on the ocean front side of the property so I'm not sure if that helped being away from the street. Saturday night was the only noisy night we experienced. I think there was a nearby bar having a party & the music was pretty loud but it was over by 11pm. Oh, the free breakfast was just a couple of cereal choices and some type of muffin they make. The chocolate ones aren't that good. If you want eggs or anything else you'll have to buy a breakfast plate which start at $5 (french toast or eggs w/toast) and go to $10 (Jamaican breakfast). Everything tasted great. The free wifi worked prettty well. I had to reconnect a few times but it wasn't slow & I was always able to check email and upload photos every evening. As far as safety, we never had any concerns while there. They have a security manager who keeps an eye on everyone and a safe in the room for you to lock up valuables. The staff always seemed to know who was on and off property and where they were. They would check to make sure you were going someplace safe and had a safe way to get there, if needed. We even became friends with a few of the staff who were all disappointed when we left. We definitely didn't stay long enough! If you're feeling adventurous, bring a good pair of hiking or tennis shoes and trek around the rocks between the huts & the ocean. My husband & I saw tons of crabs in the little pools made by the waves splashing inland and found shells to bring home which is great since there aren't many to be found on the beach. For the cost, I would rather work around the few minor issues and better spend my money seeing the rest of Jamaica. And that is exactly what I did with no regrets. Negril Escape is a beautiful place with similarly beautiful people. I will be back!

Room Tip: Oceanview is good but not necessary. They have plenty of areas where you can lay or sit by the sea.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This place is located about 2 miles from 7 mile beach. You dont even need the beach though its ocean front cliffs are better. Not to mention the lighthouse high dive. Showers were a little cold but everything else was great. I will definetly come back. The staff was excellent, especially Allen. He pretty much makes the place outstanding. He goes out of his way to make sure you are comfortable and takes you wherever you need to go.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Grant W
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Well let me add my 2 cents. First of all, if you're looking for a place to kick back, disappear from the rat race, and simply enjoy the beauty of what God has to offer this world, then you've come to right place! Secondly, my girlfriend and I have visited Jamaica and other resorts many times and we always find ourselves returning to NER&S. Sure, if you want fake ameneties like pretty curtains, fluffy pillows, "cloud" soft beds, then go to a Hiton or stay home. If you're looking for real amenities like peacefulness, r & r, friendly people, panaramic views of the carribean sea, then Eureka, you've found it! Heck, the less entitled people that end up here, the better I say. David and staff, keep up the good work of trying to offer a natural setting full of flora and fuana, bright smiles, and the "it" factor that keeps guests coming back for more. See you guys again in 2 weeks. For all you haters out there..have another Red Stripe on me!

Room Tip: just ask and you shall receive...very accommodating staff
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank scott s
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I love this place. I try to visit Jamaica once a year and this is the place I always stay. The views are great and relaxing. The atmosphere is wonderful especially for a couples retreat, and the sunsets are spectacular. Just sit by the lighthouse with a drink and watch the sunset with your spouse or kids. That, in itself, is worth the trip for me. In addition to the location, the employees are friendly, accommodating and very helpful. They were able to answer my questions about places to visit and attentive to anything I needed. The food is great and you get a real taste of what Jamaican food is all about. The rooms are nicely furnished and decorated. My fiancée loved the spa treatment. It helped her relax and enjoy the moment. Can’t say it any differently – Negril Escape is a definitely a place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I first stayed at this resort a couple of years ago and fell in love with it from the beginning. Over the years, I have visited Jamaica and this has been my accommodation of choice. All the things that a traveler is searching for when deciding to stay or re-visit a hotel, is all here!

I will first start with the cottages. Each with its own unique theme, roomy and clean! The staff is ALWAYS courteous, pleasant and accommodating. The food?!?! Delicious and AUTHENTIC (especially in comparison to your more commercialized, larger hotels where the food lacks genuine taste). The scenenary is beautiful overlooking the cliffs. I was never brave enough to take the jump from the lighthouse, but one of these days, I just may! :-) The grounds are always clean and gardened nicely. Lastly, the location is prime! There are other restaurants within walking distance, in addition to the famous Rick's Cafe, where the sunset and bands are amazing!!! Negril Escape also has awesome night entertainment if you are lucky enough to stay during the time to catch a show!

All in all, this local resort offers a lot and I have never been disappointed! I will be planning another Jamaica trip later on this year and will surely be staying here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends