“The Most Enjoyable, Relaxing And Worm Resort I've Been To”

Negril Escape Resort & Spa
Ranked #11 of 43 Negril B&B and Inns
florida
“The Most Enjoyable, Relaxing And Worm Resort I've Been To”
Reviewed 5 June 2009

i sayed at the Negril Escape resort and Spa and it was a great trip. The entire staff members and also managers exceed out expectation. We have and hell of a time there. We had so much fun we didin,t even want to leave when it comes to the end of our stay.The staff member were worm and friendly,they always great us with a smile and always remember us by out names.We feel as if we were around our own family.We were so comfortable and we enjoy every moment of our stay.The rooms and the grounds were magnificent and every thing was so perfect not to mention the food it was splendid.We are looking forward to out next visit at the Negril Escape Resort & Spa.Keep up the good work guys it was great.see you soon

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
MIAMI,FLORIDA
Reviewed 30 May 2009

We just returned from Negril Jamaica, where we wed at Negril Escape Resort and Spa. I must say, it was the most awesome experience. The wedding was absolutely beautiful!! Negril Esacape staff really did a great job with our wedding. We brought in a lot of the decor that we wanted for the wedding and Natasha Wallace was able to fall right in and share our vision of how we wanted our day to be. She went over and beyond our expectation of how we wanted everything to go. On the day of, she put in many hours of prep work, in the sun (sorry about the sunburn), and even found time to make sure that the bridal party was comfortable. Donald Wallace was very accomadating to our wedding guest and our guests that stayed in the hotel with us. He worked with our budget and helped make our dream wedding affordable. When one of them was not around, Mr. Brown, stepped right in to help out. Everything we asked for was done. The housekeeping staff, front desk staff, bar staff and even the security guards, always had a welcoming smile that reflected their willingness to always be of assistance to us. I had a massage that was "out of this world", Thanks "T"! It might not be the Sandals and RIU but, I loved the special individual attention. We really did not want to get married in one of those wedding mills in Jamaica; Negril Escape was my blind choose from the start and we definitely know that we made the BEST choice. Thanks Negril Escape!!!!!
Love You all, Anthony and Rosemarie Agosto
p.s.-the sunset was beautiful every night!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AGOSTOS
new jersey
Reviewed 27 May 2009

I've done a lot of traveling to the caribbean and europe, and this is one of the most hospitable and beautiful hotels I've every stayed in. First, they have a different themes for the rooms they offer. The section myself and my friends were in was the indian cottage. (it was myself, my boyfriend in one room, and 4 other girls in another room) They paid so much attention to detail when it came to wall hangings and even bedding to match that theme. The shower and bathroom was very clean and spacious as well. Once you are tired of staying in your room, you can open your doors and its as if you are seeing the world for the first time because your view is that of the cliffs, the ocean, and the sun. Initially you may think that you are far from the beach and missing out on the sand, however, we had three mornings on the beach and as nice as it was, people are always badgering you to buy things. The mornings at Escape were magnificent; peaceful is an understatement. We would wake up, read by the water, sometimes jump into the water (via the lighthouse or adjacent platform), and have an omelette with toast, coffee and orange juice (which was included in the price of the stay). We would then take the shuttle to the beach (free via the resort) and stay at the beach until we had enough of the sun and would then come back to the resort. At that point you could go back to your room and pass out with the sunset at your fingertips, or head to rick's cafe to see or participating in the jumping (cannot miss), swim in the pool, have a drink by the water, etc. (and even if you dont want to go to the beach, you can literally just sunbathe on their property or relax in a hammock all day)

The staff at the resort was like a family. One staffmember, Kevin, took us to a coconut tree, chopped down a couple of coconuts, and actually inserted a straw into it for us to drink. That meant so much to us because we were so used to people trying to sell us things all the time at the beach, and he just wanted to share something local and simple and beautiful. Thanks, kevin!!!

One night, I really needed internet access to send a professional e-mail, and the girl at the front desk walked us into the actual hotel office and welcomed us to a computer. There was no fee or question- service like that is hard to come by.

The best part of the Escape is that you actually are escaping- whatever was bothering you before you came to Jamaica will "escape" your mind. When you are staying here, its as if you are there alone with no one to bother you- there are no kids running around or parents yelling at them shortly after (as we've seen one too many times on cruises). The staff was so nice and the rooms were so delightful ( I kept looking at the ceiling and room at night and kept thinking "i have to make my house look like this").

I can not wait to come back here- thank you, Negril Escape!!!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
4 Thank Malvinawina
Negril Jamaica
Reviewed 19 May 2009

this is a great place to stay on the negril cliffs. it is one of the most beautiful properties you will ever come across with the most spectacular sunsets I have ever seen.

this is not a fancy expensive place but instead a family owned operation with a more home like feel.(i met the older brother who has lived/worked there most of his life and had a wonderful conversation about how things change) The rooms are very clean and well stocked with clean sheets and towels. The rooms are well decorated in funky unique themes and very nice in my opinion. For those who claim they are substandard I would imagine they are accustomed to the foreign owned concrete behemoths and all inclusive resorts with lots of fancy fixtures and wasted amenities.

This is the negril cliffs and there is no beach but they offer a shuttle to the beach as well as the jungle night club if you want. The boat shaped pool is a great place to relax and enjoy the sea breeze as you look over the Caribbean. Its nice to jump in and cool off from the hot Jamaican sun but a highlight of my day was the wonderful snorkeling available from right there. We saw the most beautiful and colorful ornate fish and even got to see a small pod of squid hiding by a rock.

The diving is so nice they have a scuba shop on site for anyone who want to take it further and you can even get certified if you want. The resort scuba dive offers instruction in the pool followed by a shore dive from the resort. You cant do that at many smaller places.

The staff was great and a real pleasure to deal with. I think some people don't understand Jamaicans and this leads to misunderstandings and attitudes. Jamaicans treat you like you treat them. If you are nice then they will be nice. If you give off attitude then attitude is what you will get. These people hate to be treated as subservient or to be looked down upon and lots of travelers have a snobish attitude about how things should or should not be. Be nice and treat people with respect and you'll get that in return.

The food was great and we enjoyed every meal we had. We did step out for a greater selection and found a wonderful vegetarian rasta restaurant just a 2 minute wal down the cliffs road but be warned the road is like a raceway after the sunsets and the big tour buses from Ricks come barreling down the hill. The surrounding area seems safe and there were some cool people to meet. Show some respect and check out their shops and maybe make a new friend.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jamaicamax
US
Reviewed 5 May 2009

The Negril Escape Resort and Spa was a pleasant surprise. We were invited to join a bride and groom for their wedding and in looking at the photo's and seeing the inexpensive rates it seemed a little sketchy...especially in Jamaica when you think about visiting a 3rd world country.
When we arrived we were met with pleasant people who were very helpful and they didn't waist any time serving us a complimentary Rum Punch which was a great way to start our stay. At first I thought we were getting into something a little questionable but I was surprised to find everything so unique and so truly Jamaican. Every cottage was different using the different influences from other cultures that have inspired the jamaican culture of today. The absolute only issue we had while there was the lack of hot, running water when everyone in our cottage tried to use the showers at the same time. It was rather like summer camp but after we figured out that if we staggered our baths it would increase our chances of getting enough water and it was all worked out.
The food was all good even with the wait at times, the bar drinks were always great but the service with a smile was absolutely the best...no attitude Mon...I would go back tomorrow!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank MommieDearestUS
Manhattan, KS
Reviewed 1 April 2009

My husband and I absolutely loved this resort. Everyone was really friendly, the rooms were simple and clean and the view is stunning. If you’re thinking about staying here, book it. You can’t get anything better for the price.

Though the website states that there’s a buffet breakfast each morning, when the resort is fairly empty, they let you order whatever you want off the menu in place of the free buffet. I highly recommend the Jamaican breakfast. Vivian was our server each morning – she always greeted us with a bright smile and gave us great advice on local restaurant s and events.

We stayed in the Passage to India room with one king-size bed. It was really cute, but we didn’t spend much time in the room. We snorkeled, parasailed and spent time on the beach.

As for the shuttle to the beach, it leaves at 10 and 11 and brings you back at either 3 or 4. The resort has a deal with a beachfront hotel to let Escape guests use their chairs and beach access. One morning, the bus wasn’t available, so the owner took us in his personal vehicle and walked us to the beach access so we knew where we were going. If there isn’t a bus available, take a Route Taxi. Route taxis have stickers on the front driver-side of the vehicle that labels them as taxis. If a Route Taxi is going the direction you want to head, wave to them and hop in. They’re only $50 to $100 Jamaican (75 cents to $1.50), but if you tell the taxi to turn around or go a different direction, then it turns into a “real” taxi. They’ll charge you a bunch more for a “real” taxi (whatever they can get out of you). When you’re ready to hop out, just ask them to pull over.
If nothing else, it’s not too far to walk from the beach to the Escape or vice versa. You pass a lot of good restaurants and shopping places (Including a grocery store if you need anything). I recommend La Bella Italia for some Rum Raisin ice cream. It’s expensive, but it’s homemade and AMAZING. On our last day we also dropped by Jenny’s and Jacko’s Favourite Cakes and Restaurant. You can get a big ol’ slice of cake and a patty (basically a meat-filled fried pastry) for $2 U.S. They’re also a restaurant. It’s a great place if you want authentic Jamaican food for a small price tag.

The food at the Escape’s restaurant was nothing to brag about. It was pretty good, but if you walk down the street a bit to the Rockhouse Resort, you’ll get amazing food for about the same price. Get dessert every night, really. They often ask that you make reservations. My husband and I ate there nearly every night.

As for the ride to and from the airport, we were charged $160 round trip – a fair price for that drive.

Also, if you buy your tickets through Orbitz or something, make sure the Jamaica exit fee is included or that you have enough cash left over on your way out to pay it. I think it’s around $20 a person.

Don’t exchange your money. A lot of things are listed in U.S. currency anyway. The exchange rate also changes daily, so if you exchange your money on a low day, you’ll probably lose quite a bit. Every place takes American currency. When we were down there, the exchange rate was $75 Jamaican to $1 U.S. Look it up before you leave.
One final tip is to tip. Tip the bus driver, tip the maids, tip the servers, tip everyone, so make sure you brings lots of smaller bills!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tropicaltrips_9
Moreno Valley, California
Reviewed 18 March 2009

Great place to unwind. Everyone on the premises was very welcoming from the first day to the last. The view from the street doesn't look like much but it will fool you if you don't take a trip inside. It gives you the caribbean feel that a lot of the mega resorts tend to take away from. Nestled right on the cliffs, the view outside your room is captivating. My room was just around 50 to 60 feet from the edge of the island. A 3 minute walking distance from the cambio(currency exchange). The all inclusive is the way to go but they also offer the non-version of the stay. I noticed I had gotten increasingly sad as the end of my stay got near. The resort offers all sorts of activities to occupy you until you check out. I strongly recommend The River Walk. The more known river walk is in Ocho Rios( about 3hrs away) but is very touristy. This one is Mayfield Falls and has a more personal feel to it. Less crowded and the river itself is more exciting than the first. My not-yet-but-soon wife has done both and she hails that the latter is the best. Overall, I wish I had another week to spend at this resort because we enjoyed ourselves immensely. P.S. In the 8 days we spent at this resort, we did not find one article of food that we did not rave about.......anywhere on the island!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple