“Like Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Villas Sur Mer

Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Like Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Our favorite place to stay on the island.

Pros:

- Staff is wonderful. They make you feel like family. Richard, Cliff, James, and everyone else...you rock!
- Super Private. Last time we went (off season) we were the only people staying at Sur Mer. Even when there are people there you still feel like you are the only people there.
- Villas are luxury. Beautiful, spacious, clean, air conditioning keeps the room super cold. Beds are super comfy.
- Internet is super fast. I work online so this is a must. Other parts of the island we have stayed have not been so good with Internet connections.
- Pool is awesome. Has waterfall and is and super relaxing
- You can order food from next store and they will deliver. Also will charge to your bill so you can just pay at the end.
- Access to the water for scuba diving and swimming
- Close to great restaurants. Da Bar (Eddie!), LTU right across the street and many other great spots. LTU has great food and is much less of a tourist trap than Rick's Cafe. If you head to LTU get the Papaya Snapper. One of the best meals I have ever had.
- Only a few minutes ride to 7 mile beach.
- Full kitchen so you can cook your own food.

Cons:

- No beach. This doesn't bother me, but I can see some people being bothered by having to catch a ride or drive to the beach.

See you guys soon. Will be back in February!

Room Tip: We always stay in the honeymoon sweet. We love it. The only issue my wife has is there are no doors...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jstover77

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

My friends and I (6 of us) did an extended weekend and stayed in a 2 & 1 bedroom villa and we plan to return for the main villa :)

Beautiful, modern, clean, spacious, well maintained accommodations and grounds. The staff are very accommodating, knowledgeable, pleasant and always a call away.

They have a beach arrangement at Seawind on the 9-mile beach which is absolutely beautiful. Just carry your beach towels down.

The 'lagoon' pool and hot tub was a hit and and oh how we wanted to take those comfy rocking lounge chairs with us when we left! :)

We will definitely be returning....with more people....to the main oceanfront villa!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a destination wedding and all I can say is WOW!! The place was just beautiful!! We had a 2 bedroom cottage and it was perfect. I lived the hammocks out front, lounging by the bar and pool and the service can't be beat. The location was safe, security was always around to cross us to the sea-side villa where most the wedding took place. I've been to Jamaica before but never to the cliffs; this is now my favorite location.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank MelB4581
reggaeboyz1, Owner at Villas Sur Mer, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thanks so much for staying with us...
We really appreciate you taking the time to review and comment on our service, staff and property.
We look forward to having you guys again in the future!

All the best
Walk Good!
Peter
Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

I just got back from my stay at Villas Sur Mer- I stayed there for four nights with my husband and we both very much enjoyed our stay. Lisian (spelling?) and Raquel, the new manager, were very welcoming and solicitous throughout our stay. We stayed in 1B which was a cute, if not a little small, one-bedroom cottage towards the front of the property. The room was immaculate and came wtih everything we needed to cook in the kitchen, which was very helpful since we liked to make our own coffee and breakfast. My ownly complaint about the room, besides being small, had to do with the windows which were covered with brown wooden louvers- this made the room very dark, as these coverings had to be closed in order to keep out the mosquitos which were very bad. But other than that the room was great- the bed was comfy and in general the room was tastefully decorated. Since it was slow season, we pretty much had the entire property to ourselves. We enjoyed the beautiful lagoon pool and poolside bar. Unfortunately we could not use the jacuzzi since it was under repair pretty much the whole time we were there. Cliff the bartender was very nice and even went to the store for me to get some things. The property is right across the street from LTU so getting meals was not a problem. LTU has great food but the service, like most places in Jamaica, is very slow.

All in all it was a great trip and I was sad to leave. We will definitely stay at Villas Sur Mer again but next time I think I will book the honeymoon suite or suite 8 which is bigger and away from the road. I should also mention that the owner, Peter, gave me a generous discount on the room, which I appreciated.

Oh, one last thing, the grounds are really lovely. You feel like you are staying in a jungle. It is a very romantic setting.

Feel free to email me at bacoppola@msn.com if you have any questions about the property.

BethAnn

Room Tip: If you are looking for more space I would suggest 6 down (the honeymoon suite) or 8 which is in the...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BethAnn914
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

If you are looking for a property that will treat you like loyalty, you have found your location. Kimi and her wonderful staff pampered us from the time we begin planning our trip until we left. It was our 10 year wedding anniversary, Kimi went out of her way to ensure every detail was taken care of. I had a beautiful boutique and an amazing photographer. And a memorable ceremony in the caves.

Since the big house was not being used, we were able utilize the pool and jacuzzi. This was great! We were able to watch the sunset privately every night. Next door to Rick's minus the craziness.

The rooms and entire property were immaculate. The groundskeeper was hard at work from sun up to sun down. Cliff the bartender,Richard, Daniel the security officer and Kimi's assistant ( I never got her name) went above and beyond every single day. We always felt safe.

The property is in walking distance to Rick's and several nice restaurants. The guy next door selling jerk chicken was the best!

This was an amazing vacation and I can't wait to return!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank keysha214
reggaeboyz1, General Manager at Villas Sur Mer, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
We were so delighted you chose Villas Sur Mer for your special event. What a treat it was to read this review. On behalf of the VSM family - Heartfelt thanks for posting such lovely thoughts and recollections of your vacation here. Villas Sur Mer is a special property made even moreso by the guests we receive.

We really enjoyed hosting you and your husband and were very happy to help you plan your renewal ceremony. Happier still that you enjoyed it. I imagine that getting married the second time to the same person must be even nicer than the first time. We miss you both - you guys are a beautiful couple and so please allow us to extend -best wishes as you continue your journey together. Really looking forward to welcoming you back. Until then...

Walk Good !
Kemilee-Ann Williams
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

If you want secluded luxury with a big smile this is the place for you.after finding them fully booked the owners bent over backwards to provide us with a two bedroom villa for the same price as a single.the villas are immaculate and beautifully furnished to a high standard .and they are walking distance from a small market and the best restaurants in negril. The sunsets are stunning and the hidden cave is the place to enjoy a perfect massage.however what makes this place truly special are the staff always helpful and attentive with a big smile and kimee is the star of the show ,with her friendly professional manner she made our holiday truly memorable whilst making us feel like part of the family.if you stay here you will have a very chilled holiday and a great time they won't let you leave unhappy.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank John H
reggaeboyz1, General Manager at Villas Sur Mer, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
Thanks for posting such a great review of your stay here at Villas Sur Mer. We pride ourselves on offering great accomodations and you were so kind to give compliments about that. Above all though is the VSM Service that is second to none - anywhere. We were honoured you chose to spend your vacation time with us and that is a feeling we carry to each and every guest. I am proud you felt it too ...it's the VSM way. Hope to see you on the return ...thanks again for taking the time to say such wonderful things about your experience here at VSM ...much love from the VSM team - take care and until we see you again...

Walk Good !
Kemilee Ann Williams
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

We had our destination wedding at Villas Sur Mer last month and it was absolutely one of the best experiences of my life! All of my guests had a wonderful time and VSM treated us like royalty. Some highlights:

- We originally planned to rent out the entire property but fell a little short. However, we still had the entire place to ourselves! Nothing compares to renting out an entire property for all of your closest fam and friends.

- We opted to have them make our meals and they were superb. It was the perfect mix of local and American cuisine.

- Kimmi, who managed the property, went out of her way to me me and my now-hubby feel comfortable. We were horribly stressed about the wedding, and she talked to us, was very reasonable about the rates, and was just a pleasant person.

- The entire staff was super sweet.

- The jacuzzi on the lagoon side is the best ever! It's ginormous! There was about 30 of us and we all easily fit in there - makes the perfect night cap. Even better, because this is a private property, they don't have the silly rules about when you can use the pool and jacuzzi. It's all yours for when you want it- even late at night.

- Everybody LOVED the main villa. I was concerned that people would not want to share the property and would prefer the bungalows, but the villa was an absolute hit.

Overall, VSM made this the best experience ever. We never got the chance to meet Peter (the owner) but he was super reasonable and nice with every interaction. If I had to pick on something, I would point out that since this isn't a full resort they don't have a lot of the amenities like a fitness center, multiple food options, or activities. But its a different product so hey...

We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Choose the seaside villa if possible. Worth the money. The internet didn't work in #8 when we we...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Ok so this does not happen often but here goes - your review made me speechless : )
THANK YOU SO MUCH !

All VSM weddings are labours of love and tears and joy !

You guys were a vision of love and we will never forget - EVER ....

Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness and thank you for trusting us to help you realise the wedding of your dreams !

Thanks for your kind comments about the food,ammenities, staff and the Seaside Villa - it remains just the best venue for weddings and activities before and after every VSM wedding event.

Here at VSM myself and staff will do ANY and EVERYTHING to see to it that our guests are happy and I am so happy this reflected in your VSM experience.

WE CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE YOU BOTH BACK - YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY TOO - THEY WERE AWESOME !!!

I know it will not be too long in the coming so until then...

Walk Good : )