“Truly Amazing”
Review of Villas Sur Mer

Villas Sur Mer
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My husband and I rented the seaside villa for five nights for our wedding. Our immediate family stayed in the five bedroom villa with us and our other guests stayed in the smaller cottages on the property. The location and accommodations are unmatched and we had an amazing time throughout the entire stay. We spent most of our time relaxing by the pool and snorkeling in the ocean. A few guests did take a taxi to the beach and it is just a quick 10 minute ride. It was great having a full kitchen in the villa as we could walk to the market just a few blocks away to buy food and cook for ourselves. There was also a large cooler on the pool deck that we filled with beer and soda and the staff kept it stocked with ice.

It was a little nerve-racking planning a wedding at a location we had never visited and we initially had some difficulty communicating with the managers but dealing with it was well worth it. Once we arrived at the villa, all of our apprehensions melted away. The private location of the villa was breathtaking and made for the perfect backdrop for a wedding. We pretty much had the property to ourselves and the staff treated us like royalty. They were always available to help with anything we needed. The housekeeper Donna always had a smile on her face and we were especially thankful for the outstanding security team. Dain was there during the day and he helped with not only security but first aid, errands and even some fishing. The night team was equally friendly and always there to help us cross the road between the seaside villa and other cottages.

Our wedding coordinator Lecian was also fabulous. She made sure we had nothing to worry about. Her recommended vendors were a pleasure to work with. The food was delicious... the flowers were beautiful... the cake was delicious... the minister truly captured our spirit... the hair and make-up was done just right... the band was entertaining... We could go on and on! We would recommend Villas Sur Mer to any couple who wants to have a casual yet intimate wedding. It was such a wonderful event, we wish we could do it all over again!

Room Tip: Organize a group of people to rent the seaside villa. It is the perfect location for a group getaway...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank LAB017
There are newer reviews for Villas Sur Mer

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Have been traveling to Villas Sur Mer since January, 1997. The staff is incredible, friendly and willing to do anything that will make your stay more enjoyable. The first time I walked through the gate, I couldn't believe my eyes! I have had plenty of vacations that have fallen short of my expectations, this is not one of them!

While there, try the LTU Pub next door fro friendly service and good food. Hope to return soon!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Guy K
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Our favorite place to stay on the island.

Pros:

- Staff is wonderful. They make you feel like family. Richard, Cliff, James, and everyone else...you rock!
- Super Private. Last time we went (off season) we were the only people staying at Sur Mer. Even when there are people there you still feel like you are the only people there.
- Villas are luxury. Beautiful, spacious, clean, air conditioning keeps the room super cold. Beds are super comfy.
- Internet is super fast. I work online so this is a must. Other parts of the island we have stayed have not been so good with Internet connections.
- Pool is awesome. Has waterfall and is and super relaxing
- You can order food from next store and they will deliver. Also will charge to your bill so you can just pay at the end.
- Access to the water for scuba diving and swimming
- Close to great restaurants. Da Bar (Eddie!), LTU right across the street and many other great spots. LTU has great food and is much less of a tourist trap than Rick's Cafe. If you head to LTU get the Papaya Snapper. One of the best meals I have ever had.
- Only a few minutes ride to 7 mile beach.
- Full kitchen so you can cook your own food.

Cons:

- No beach. This doesn't bother me, but I can see some people being bothered by having to catch a ride or drive to the beach.

See you guys soon. Will be back in February!

Room Tip: We always stay in the honeymoon sweet. We love it. The only issue my wife has is there are no doors...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jstover77
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My friends and I (6 of us) did an extended weekend and stayed in a 2 & 1 bedroom villa and we plan to return for the main villa :)

Beautiful, modern, clean, spacious, well maintained accommodations and grounds. The staff are very accommodating, knowledgeable, pleasant and always a call away.

They have a beach arrangement at Seawind on the 9-mile beach which is absolutely beautiful. Just carry your beach towels down.

The 'lagoon' pool and hot tub was a hit and and oh how we wanted to take those comfy rocking lounge chairs with us when we left! :)

We will definitely be returning....with more people....to the main oceanfront villa!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a destination wedding and all I can say is WOW!! The place was just beautiful!! We had a 2 bedroom cottage and it was perfect. I lived the hammocks out front, lounging by the bar and pool and the service can't be beat. The location was safe, security was always around to cross us to the sea-side villa where most the wedding took place. I've been to Jamaica before but never to the cliffs; this is now my favorite location.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank MelB4581
reggaeboyz1, Owner at Villas Sur Mer, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Thanks so much for staying with us...
We really appreciate you taking the time to review and comment on our service, staff and property.
We look forward to having you guys again in the future!

All the best
Walk Good!
Peter

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I just got back from my stay at Villas Sur Mer- I stayed there for four nights with my husband and we both very much enjoyed our stay. Lisian (spelling?) and Raquel, the new manager, were very welcoming and solicitous throughout our stay. We stayed in 1B which was a cute, if not a little small, one-bedroom cottage towards the front of the property. The room was immaculate and came wtih everything we needed to cook in the kitchen, which was very helpful since we liked to make our own coffee and breakfast. My ownly complaint about the room, besides being small, had to do with the windows which were covered with brown wooden louvers- this made the room very dark, as these coverings had to be closed in order to keep out the mosquitos which were very bad. But other than that the room was great- the bed was comfy and in general the room was tastefully decorated. Since it was slow season, we pretty much had the entire property to ourselves. We enjoyed the beautiful lagoon pool and poolside bar. Unfortunately we could not use the jacuzzi since it was under repair pretty much the whole time we were there. Cliff the bartender was very nice and even went to the store for me to get some things. The property is right across the street from LTU so getting meals was not a problem. LTU has great food but the service, like most places in Jamaica, is very slow.

All in all it was a great trip and I was sad to leave. We will definitely stay at Villas Sur Mer again but next time I think I will book the honeymoon suite or suite 8 which is bigger and away from the road. I should also mention that the owner, Peter, gave me a generous discount on the room, which I appreciated.

Oh, one last thing, the grounds are really lovely. You feel like you are staying in a jungle. It is a very romantic setting.

Feel free to email me at bacoppola@msn.com if you have any questions about the property.

BethAnn

Room Tip: If you are looking for more space I would suggest 6 down (the honeymoon suite) or 8 which is in the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BethAnn914
Reviewed 15 June 2013

If you are looking for a property that will treat you like loyalty, you have found your location. Kimi and her wonderful staff pampered us from the time we begin planning our trip until we left. It was our 10 year wedding anniversary, Kimi went out of her way to ensure every detail was taken care of. I had a beautiful boutique and an amazing photographer. And a memorable ceremony in the caves.

Since the big house was not being used, we were able utilize the pool and jacuzzi. This was great! We were able to watch the sunset privately every night. Next door to Rick's minus the craziness.

The rooms and entire property were immaculate. The groundskeeper was hard at work from sun up to sun down. Cliff the bartender,Richard, Daniel the security officer and Kimi's assistant ( I never got her name) went above and beyond every single day. We always felt safe.

The property is in walking distance to Rick's and several nice restaurants. The guy next door selling jerk chicken was the best!

This was an amazing vacation and I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank keysha214
reggaeboyz1, General Manager at Villas Sur Mer, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

We were so delighted you chose Villas Sur Mer for your special event. What a treat it was to read this review. On behalf of the VSM family - Heartfelt thanks for posting such lovely thoughts and recollections of your vacation here. Villas Sur Mer is a special property made even moreso by the guests we receive.

We really enjoyed hosting you and your husband and were very happy to help you plan your renewal ceremony. Happier still that you enjoyed it. I imagine that getting married the second time to the same person must be even nicer than the first time. We miss you both - you guys are a beautiful couple and so please allow us to extend -best wishes as you continue your journey together. Really looking forward to welcoming you back. Until then...

Walk Good !