The Jungle Night Club, Sports Bar & Grill
Ranked #6 of 21 Nightlife in Negril
Reviewed 23 April 2014

this is just what I wanted. Reggae, house music, dancehall, rap and hip hop. Do not show up early. Things in Jamaica do not get popping until 11:30 12am. I loved watching the Jamaicans dance. It was a good mix of locals and tourists. Thursday night is ladies night and it was free before a certain but I forget. It was packed and we stayed mostly on the upper level.

3  Thank Toya K
in 13 reviews
"vibe"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We were hoping for a little more nightlife in Negril but it really is a sleepy area. We went to ladies night at the Jungle and that was pretty decent. The music was good, the drink prices depended on if you were paying Jamaican or US$. This was really the only place we went all 5 days of our trip that preferred Jamaican Jay$. The crowd was extreamly varied and the people watching was mind boggling. Everything from what I can only imagine were prostitutes with old white men to Old white couples to Jamaican young women and men out to have fun. We only stayed out til 1 but it seemed like the party might just be getting going. A word of warning, there are taxis right inside the gate and they are SUPER aggressive. They also charged twice the fair ($10 for a 2 minute ride down the road when other taxi's had charged us $5 to go twice as far).

5  Thank ErinMurphy83
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This place is huge! Lots of different spaces like the round room with the glass walls (like a big fish bowl. The free drinks were syrupy and worth the price. There's an open-air bar and dance floor too, but the music was not what we were hoping for: Dance Hall Reggae. It was a mix of old American pop hits instead. The party doesn't really get going until well after midnight.

The crowd was a dichotomous mix of locals who are dressed like video vixens (6" heels and short, shiny skirts) and tourists wearing sun dresses and flip flops. Culturally, it was interesting to take in. And I guess, if you're in the land of reggae, it's a nice change of pace. Glad we went, but not sure I'd go again.

2  Thank CleveandKat
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We went on Saturday night. Men $20 women $6 US dollars. It is what it is. Beer and several mixed drinks included. Water extra. When we were there it seams as if there were a lot of working girls. Going down the stairs I was hit on three times by working girls for a good time. If you go make sure that there is someone who is sober who will look out for you as one of my friends was folioed by a man for almost an hour.

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I really enjoyed Jungle, we had a cab that picked us up and took us back to the resort. Thursday I believe is free for ladies and men pay $20. Drink prices are average. The bathroom was a little musky but I don't go to clubs to judge the restrooms. The music was great playing reggae and hip hop. We danced all night. The best was there was a jerk truck parked outside after the party, to help curb your hangover for the next morning.

5  Thank Ronaldamayne