“Sunrise Club” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunrise Club

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sunrise Club
Ranked #30 of 84 Hotels in Negril
Seaview, United Kingdom
“Sunrise Club”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

I had a delightful stay and soaked up the calm relaxing atmosphere; whilst not every facility may be available in the hotel, there is always someone around that can get anything you need or arrange for something.
The bananas pancakes with chocolate are good for breakfast, lunch or tea and the coffee is out of this world!!
There didn't seem to be water first thing in the morning during my stay, but it was just a matter of having a hot shower after breakfast rather than before, so no big deal.
Special praise should go to Sugar and Dwight, both of whom I shall remember fondly and hope to relax with again in the future.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are quieter, but I enjoyed being at the front and listening to the music and b...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Jason W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

I always say I am going to right a review and don't; but this time I was determined to do so!!! If you are looking for an afforable stay in Negril, look no further....Sunset is the place to be! My husband I travelled through Jamaica and lucked out with this place--the grounds are so beautiful with trees and privacy; the staff is wonderful, no hassle--and the rooms are comfy with nice hot, clean showers. It is no frills- but it is so comfortable and to me, it is authentic Jamaica. The location is so clever-- directly across the street from a beautiful white sandy beach and Bourbon beach bar on the beach---with Live Reggae concerts on the beach and bondfires. A great location for adults!! I went during January so there were hardly any children, it was so relaxing...and a very mature crowd. I will definately be going back and refer this place to people. If you are a no frills person and want a cozy, comfortable stay..this is it. Also, as one other person stated, the front rooms #1 and 2 can be a little noisy. I was in room #1 and it is next to the front bar-- with reggae music and chatter. We barely stayed in our room, so it didn't bother us any. I loved it because it was so private all though it was in the front-- the landscape offerred much privacy with a nice front porch. Oh,,,and the beds were amazingly comfortable!!!! Memory foam.

Room Tip: Also, as one other person stated, the front rooms #1 and 2 can be a little noisy. I was in room #1...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jamaica167
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Nothing fancy, but one of the lowest prices you'll find. Room was clean with good AC. I liked the rather unique open shower. There's a bar and restaurant. The drinks were strong and the food was fantastic. I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank azraelcat
St. John's, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

Hi,
I stayed with friends at the Sunrise Club in Jan. 2012. We had a week long booking but moved to another place after a couple of nights. We moved because we were four persons and wanted an apartment/house which would give us a common space to hang out together. Also, the Sunrise was just a little too sparse and overall we were looking for a little more creature comforts. Though modest the place was clean, secure, and had a lovely staff. Though we moved we went back a number of times for meals and ordered a catered dinner from The Sunrise on our last night in Negril.
The food here is quite good, with a real Italian flare. I've been coming to Negril for 25 years and this place is a well kept secret ! Great pizza, wonderful breakfasts, and by far the best coffee I've found in Negril.
I'm back in Negril next month and though I won't be staying at The Sunrise Club I will regular for coffee and meals.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank wanderlust012
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed at Sunrise Club over a year ago and had a great stay. It's very clean, extremely affordable and it's located right across the street from Negril Beach, talk about convenient! I loved the great cappuccinos and nice company too. The owners of the hotel are quite hospitable and the meals there are great. I'd recommend trying out their pizzas, they rock! I'd definitely go back. Thanks again! :)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Bess K
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

The hotel is in a perfect location, literally 2 minutes from the wonderful Negril beach. The rooms are very clean and cozy. I suggest to ask for the nicest ones in the back yard as the ones in front might be a bit noisy (not a big problem when there's reggae music in some club on the beach : ) ).
There is free wireless in the main area. For coffee fans I strongly suggest to try an espresso at the bar, a unique combination of Jamaican local coffee with an original Italian espresso machine. One of the best espresso so far. Very friendly service, I'd definitely stay at Sunrise again.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms on the back yard.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paolo C
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

When we first arrived we asked if we could stay in the back area because we had read on here that the rooms in front are noisy. We had to wait almost a hour for them to give us a room in the back. The owner was nice but seemed more to cater to the mostly Italian guests that stay there. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The restaurant was good but expensive. And why would you even eat there when there is so many great restaurants everywhere! The location-right across the street from the beach- was great the best part.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter. Watch out for drivers that will charge you and arm and a leg just to...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple