Lighthouse Inn 2
The Caves(Negril)
The Cliff Hotel(Negril)
  • Pool
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 January 2012

My husband and i went to Jamaica for the first time, and we loved our little suite in the garden.Penny and Inge were fabulous(the owners)they were very helpful with everything you needed to know or find in Negril.The inn is a great place to stay if you would like to be quiet in the evening and you can take route taxis to go to seven mile beach anytime as they run all the time. Also Penny will take you there in the morning and pick you up in the afternoon.So you can have it all, fun in the sun on the beach during the day and tranquility at night.Also Inge is an awesome cook, her food was delicious.I would stay in my little cabin again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wild6
Reviewed 30 December 2011

together with my son who is working in Kingston, we traveled Negril. One of our Kingston friends recommended the Lighthouse Inn 2. Inga and Penny are very friendly the hotel has many seperate small houses in a beautiful garden, the breakfast is excellent . If you want to feel hospitality, have a good located not too expensiv accomodation, if you want to see the sundown at Rick´s Cafe not too far away than the Lighthous Inn 2 is my recomandation. Also we learned that their lobster is more than famous. Try it!
Conrad senior

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2011

My girlfriend and I have mobility issues, and we chose to stay at Lighthouse Inn 2 when visiting Negril for a "destination wedding" because the website showed a man in a wheelchair on the beach and advertised a 'wheelchair holiday", and we communicated with someone there who assured us that staying there would be easy for the disabled population. Truth be told, the room was accessible, in that the shower was walk-in and there was a ramp leading to the front door; however, the toilet wasn't raised, the bed was very low to the ground, and the fans, which didn't have working remotes, weren't within reach.

We were there off-season, so the restaurant was closed. Apparently, this meant they had NO amenities for guests, as I was told that to even get bottled water I had to walk to the front gate across unpaved, uneven paths (again another reason this isn't good for a "wheelchair holiday") where I would have to catch a cab to a local market. Again, this "Inn" didn't even provide water or have any for sale, let alone anything like a mixed drink or good food that was available at the resort Catcha Falling Star, which is where we changed to after realizing how unfriendly to handicapped guests Lighthouse Inn 2 truly is.

Lighthouse Inn 2 was uncomfortable, barren, and unfriendly. The only time we saw whomever was tending the place was when she brought over a bill, accompanied by multiple shirtless, snot-dripping children and three near-feral dogs that were always underfoot and blocking our wheelchair whenever we made the long trek from the hot cabin to the road where we had to provide ourselves with whatever local transportation stopped to pick us up. We waited by the side of the road for over 10 minutes before we got a ride, the first time we tried it. No one from the Inn offered to assist, or was even to be seen. We were never offered any opportunity to see the beach or the lighthouse by the staff of Lighthouse Inn 2.

This was truly a horrible experience, and I highly recommend any disabled visitor to not be lured in by the lies on the website about it being perfect for a "wheelchair vacation". Save yourself the trouble and go to one of the resorts -- Catcha Falling Star was great. There may be a step or two, but the staff who is always around will gladly help you up or down, and also will bring you a cold drink instead of telling you to take a cab to get a simple bottle of water.

Very disappointing false advertising here. Buyer beware!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank WallyMiami
Reviewed 1 April 2011

I was thrilled to find this sanctuary in Negril's West End, in a quiet and lush tropical enclave. My cabin was a haven of tranquility, well appointed and comfortable to the point of not wanting to even leave. The gardens of the Lighthouse 2 are just fantastic, an exploration both evenings and daytimes, what with the jungle-like setting. The general location is a bit far removed from Negril, but still fantastically situated close to other great pubs and cafes as well as more modest local establishments, in a very private area. Penny, the owner, is of course really great too! I can't recommend the place highly enough!

Room Tip: Get a cabin right at the back!
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 February 2011

What can I say about my 4th stay at Lighthouse Inn2? Once again I felt at home immediatly after arrival, appreciated the calm and jungle like surroundings, spotless room, bright bathroom and well-equipped kitchen... Wonderful place to get away from it all, relax with friends and (re-)discover Negril's Westend!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends