Citronella
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Negril
See available hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsrick's cafewest endcolettecliffspropertysunsetjamaicaduplexsnorkel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2009

I've been to alot of places in my life and I'm going to have a hard time going anywhere else period. Unbelievable. Incredibly private and secluded but close nighlife, restaurants, markets. We normally go on one or two trips a year but I'll be surprised if I'm not back at Citronella within a month or two.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank DaveSch
surfdust, all things web and IT manager for Citronella at Citronella, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2009

Hi there, this is Dusty (surfdust) the webmaster for Citronella. I just spoke with Cathy (owner) and we are both ever so pleased to hear this reviewer enjoyed the stay at our little piece of paradise. As you can see the 95% of our reviews are 5 star and the one not so good review, we have used to make improvements to service and quality. Thanks again TripAdvisor members for helping us to make Citronella what it is today.

Reviewed 8 March 2009

Our family of 5 (two parents, two teens and grandmother) has just returned from a magical week in the Cove House at Citronella. We cannot imagine a more beautiful setting for rest and quality family time. The Caribbean Sea gently wakes you in the morning, cools you in the hot lazy afternoon, mesmerizes you at sunset and rocks you to sleep at night. The underwater magic of tropical fish is just steps away via a private access to the sea. The lush tropical vegetation, beautiful flowers, birds and butterflies offer moments of magic and peace for the soul. The friendly yet discrete staff and owners went out of their way to make sure that we were comfortable and enjoying our stay. Accommodation is both rustic and posh – impeccably clean with crisp sheets and plenty of fresh white towels – true vacation bliss! Cove House provides both cozy privacy and ample space for gathering. We left rested and filled with emotion. We are already planning our return to Citronella.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank amandhla
surfdust, webmaster at Citronella, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2009

Hi and thank you so much for your nice review. This is Dusty and I am the webmaster for Citro and for Cathy and Jon. Cathy wrote me and asked me to send you a personal thank you from her as well. I often visit Jamaica myself and the Cove House and the Cave House are my favorites and I know the magic feeling you speak of. I can't wait to get back in either. Thanks again and we very much look forward to your return.

Reviewed 26 February 2009

My husband and I decided to go to Jamaica for our Honeymoon (both had never been) we spent our first week at Point Village that turned out to be better than expected and our second week at Citronella in the A Frame. At this point we had our socks completely blown off. It was just as we had imagined and we instantly wished we had spent our previous week here aswell. Cathy and John (owners) are absolutely fabulous and every single person that works there went out of their way to make sure we were happy and comfortable. We were going to book at the Caves and chuckled to ourselves when we got to Citronella because it's practically next door! We will never forgot the wonderful experiences we had, we were truly humbled, everything was extraordinary! We very much look forward to our next trip to Citronella!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank onelovebc
surfdust, website manager at Citronella, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2009

Thank you so much and we are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Your experience here means a great deal to us and it is so good to know that we’re doing our job right. We also very much look forward to your return. Thanks again.

- Citronella Management

Reviewed 24 January 2009

I returned from a one week stay at this lovely property two weeks ago and have already made reservations for next year. This is a very special place. There are no air conditioners, tvs or phones. There are comfortable beds in large rooms that look out on pale blue waters where I scanned the waters every day for the dolphins that often play off the coast. There are comfortable hammocks that float with the gentle breezes. There are thunderous rainstorms that pound on the tin roofs of the cottages and stop just as quick as they start and leave the air refreshed and fragrant. There are large comfortable rooms open to the clifftop view where the nearest landmass, if you could see it, would probably the coast of Venezuela (or at least I like to think so). There are large comforable beds with clean crisp linens under ceiling fans that keep the air moving gently by as you sleep with the doors and windows wide open to the sea breezes. There are owners who have built the cottages with their own hands who have owned the property since the 1970's who live on the property who care if you are happy, who care who you are, who care about their emplyees, many of whom have been there a long, long time. These owners replaced a broken hammock within an hour, fixed a stopped up shower in 30 minutes, cut the fruit and made the blue mountain coffee and toasted the spice bread in the morning when the lovely lady of the kitchen was off. There is a lovely open air breakfast area where your fruit is cut to order, and spice bun toasted while you wait and sip your steaming coffee perfectly made. There are lovely ladies who come to clean the cottage every day, who bring you large fluffy towels daily and who give you a smile and a kind word. There are lovely ladies who clean so well a dust bunnie could not be found. There is no pool, only the sea that sometimes crashes about the cliffs and makes your heart pound to feel the power. There is no cement, only paths, each of them different, some of them tunnels of trees and flowers, some of them I wandered down by mistake and had to backtrack to find my path to my cottage, my chair, my place on the veranda where I spent hours watching the small Jamaican boats bobbing in the waves far away in the fair weather and closer when a dark front was threatening the horizen. There are gardeners and groundskeepers who help you with your luggage, who light the torches that provide the light along the paths at night and the large torch on the veranda of the round house at night. There are stars, wind and the sound of ocean to lull you to sleep. There are doors we never locked and showers open to the fragrant air. There is clear water 30 feet deep with white sand, blue, yellow, red, green,purple fish, and coral and caves to explore. There is so much more and I know it is there.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank flyjamaica
Reviewed 5 January 2009

Stayed at Citronella with a friend over Christmas for 3 nights. My 2nd time to Negril, and the property was not my desired choice, but places were very booked up. I was really pleasantly surprised by the location, gardens and overall style of the place. It is on the cliffs, just past (horrible) Rick's Cafe, and before you get to (lovely) Caves hotel. The gardens are superb, really beautiful, and I was amazed by how much green space there was. The cliff-side location is great, and swimming in the deep blue waters here excellent. My gripes are really over two things:
- though the design of the bungalows is charming, they are all pretty run-down, need a thorough clean and some urgent TLC. We stayed in 'Conch' and it hadn't seen a duster in a while, and the light in my bedroom didn't turn on. I reported this but nothing was done about it.
- and I don't think they should say they include breakfast if what they mean is a cup of coffee and a fruit kebab with 3 small pieces of fruit on it. We went elsewhere after the 1st morning.
This place could be terrific, it's very chilled out and would be good fun with a large group of people.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends