“Truly Home Away from Home”
other travellers have booked this property
Infinity Pool on the Beach
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Infinity Pool on the Beach
View of infinity pool, beach and sea
This is a fish santuary and Turtles lay their eggs on the beach
Front of Property (The blue one)
Lounge and dinning area
Dining Area
Lounge
Dining area from kitchen
Dining Area (from lounge)
Lounge
Bedroom 'Breeze' Balcony
'Breeze bedroom'
'Breeze' bedroom
Bathroom 2
Al fresco dining with sea view
Relax on the terrace
Your Private Garden
Garden
BBQ terrace
Garden
Path to Sunset terrace
Sunset terrace
Day view from sunset terrace... listen to the sound of the sea...
Night view from sunset terrace... Spectacular!
view from the rock garden
Sunset from the Terrace
The best sunset
Enjoy!!!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 24 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Shontel A
“Truly Home Away from Home”
Reviewed 13 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

I don't enjoy writing but I wanted to take my time with this review because I don't feel like I could possibly say enough to describe how amazing the time spent at Butterfly House was for me and my two best friends. But! I'm definitely going to try.

Booking:
Communicating with Ben and Verna was easy and each email was a pleasant and professional exchange. I expressed to them my reason for getting away (a very special birthday celebration with the girls) and they made sure we had everything we needed before we even got there.

Airport Pickup:
Verna and Ben connected us with Kevin Edwards who was not only at the airport waiting patiently while one of my friends searched for her misplaced bag, but his energy was through the roof! When we finally exited the airport he was standing there smiling and cheering with a sign that said "Happy Birthday Ms. A". What a warm welcome!! Kevin was there when we needed him and his attitude remained positive. Later in our stay he took us on the most miraculous tour of The Black River, YS Falls and the Pelican Bar. This tour included a yummy lobster dinner on the beach. Outside of that, anything we wanted to eat we could just tell Kevin and he knew the best place to get it and didn't mind taking us on store runs. He also took us to this cool beach side bar & grill called Dru's, which we loved so much that we went back every single day we were in Negril. Kevin's service is truly unmatched and priceless.

Butterfly House:
This house is located in a very pretty gated community which automatically makes you feel secure. There's an actual security guard at the gate 24 hours a day that will only allow access to those with their names on a list. Now to the house! Let me just say, the still pictures here don't do this place justice so I've taken it upon myself to include a video of my FAVORITE part of the house, the amazing backyard (Just realized there's no place to add videos). Walking in, we were greeted by Mama Dee's smiling face and it felt just like home, very warm and positive energy. The house is immaculate. It's very clean and modern. Very comfortable. Both rooms are spacey and beautiful but the view from the coral room can't be beat! My friends were nice enough to let me stay in that room because we were celebrating my birthday :) The bathrooms are very clean and white. One even has a huge bathtub overlooking the ocean. We had everything we needed in the kitchen and each room also has a television. We spent most of our time outside overlooking the cliffs in the private cabana located in the backyard. There's also a private beach and infinity pool just a block from butterfly house that's strictly for those in the gated community. Mama Dee cooked for us on my actual birthday and both meals were very authentically Jamaican and delicious. She even went out and got a birthday cake for me (very tasty by the way). Verna called and wished me a happy birthday from her and Ben and they even sent a bottle of wine!

You couldn't possibly get the kind of service in any resort that would match the service we received at Butterfly House. The house has wi-fi so we stayed connected to our friends at home and posted tons of snaps. I'm already planning my return trip and I'll definitely be staying at butterfly house so Kevin, Mama Dee...see you soon!! Dearest Verna and Ben, thank you soooooo much!!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
21 Jul 2016
Your review almost made me cry with joy. Knowing that it was your special Birthday we were determined that you should enjoy it... by having fun, relaxing and reflecting, and not having to worry about a thing! so was really really happy to read your review, it makes all the difference to us... I like your idea of the video, will try to get this organised next time we are there. (maybe you could email it to me) It was so nice and easy communicating with you and felt as if we have known each other for a long time. Mamma Dee and Kevin also felt the same... I'm not sure who had more fun on the tours... you guys or Kevin, I spoke with him every day & each time he reported how much fun it was with his beautiful crazy wonderful new friends... Come back soon, there is so much of the island to explore, your second home & garden in the sun awaits you... and so do we! One Love Verna, Ben , Mamma Dee & Kevin xx
MilanSoSw...
Brooklyn, New York
“We love this place!!”
Reviewed 11 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

I seriously had a meltdown when we had to leave the Butterfly House. The pics online don't do it justice. It is immaculately clean and open. The private backyard and cabana on the ocean was breathtaking. We had an outdoor shower and beautiful butterflies of all colors flying around constantly. There is a private beach and pool that we shared with the neighboring homes that was just a one minute walk from our front door. I hope to stay here again and I would recommend it to anyone. We were treated wonderfully. Definitely have Mama Dee cook for you and have Kevin drive you around. The food was amazing and we were shown a lot of cool spots to chill out. Full washer and dryer. Just everything was perfect I could go on and on and on. I love the Butterfly House and I miss it already!

21 Jul 2016
We so loved having you guys stay at Butterfly House!!!! Thank you so much for looking after our home, the butterflies are amazing I love watching them too!!! Glad that you had a wonderful time Would love to welcome you back anytime you are ready. You were wonderful guests... Respect & blessings Verna & Ben xx
Newham46
Greater London, United Kingdom
“This is paradise, truly stunning”
Reviewed 11 May 2016 for a stay in March 2016

The property was immaculate, very clean, comfortable, and stylishly decorated, in a word beautiful. Wonderful kitchen, with all mod cons. The house keeper, Mamma Dee took care of all our needs, she made us feel very welcome. The owners of the property, Verna and Benjamin were so helpful, there were always at the end of the phone, although we never met them, we fell in love with them, they tried to cater for all our needs and we shared many laughs over the phone. The pool, what can I say, the beach, the location all perfect. We had an amazing holiday, thanks to butterfly house, we can't wait to return.
Five stars!!!!

Liked best: The views
Liked least: It's a minor but a microwave would of come in handy.
Travelling group: Extended Family
11 Jun 2016
We LOVE you guys too... Mamma Dee almost cried when you left... She had so much fun cooking and learning new recipes from you and felt like she too was on holiday... My new family is all she kept saying!! Thank you so much for your warmth, fun and help with everything. Looking forward to meeting up with you guys one of these fine days. Stay exactly as you are... Cheers Verna & Ben x
DianeCham...
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Pristine and Perfect”
Reviewed 27 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

i had the privilege of staying at Butterfly House for most of March this year. I have been traveling to Jamaica for over 30 years and know most of the places in Negril, Montego Bay and other parts of the island. I generally stay in small villas or private homes but have gone the all inclusive route and hotels. I can say with all honesty that this is the nicest place I have stayed at in all these years. The place is well appointed, clean, open and roomy, bright and offers all the amenities you could want. The manager and house person, Mama Dee is delightful and easy. The backyard opens to a spectacular garden that then butts up against the sea. There is a larger than life infinity pool on the complex and a good security system and crew. It was simply a fantastic place to be for a month, I would highly recommend Butterfly House to anyone who wants something other than a hotel room. I will also add that Verna and Ben were just awesome to work with. It is clear that they care deeply about the property, your comfort and ensuring that everything is just right.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything was great, I would have to say that the back yard is spectacular!
Liked least: Not a big deal but as I am a cook, sharper knives would be great.
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
11 Jun 2016
Hi Diane, Thank you so much for your lovely review. We so can't wait to welcome you back. Thanks also for looking after our home for a month it really was a pleasure to have such an easy going and truly wonderful person like you staying. Keep well and happy my dear. Cheers Verna & Ben x
Linda P
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Exclusive - Anti-All Inclusive”
Reviewed 1 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

A quality condo with very honest, responsive hosts and the best landscaped property in the entire country club complex. Who needs Ricks Cafe view when you have the Butterfly House?

In my humble opinion, this place is TOP!
*5 communication with hosts
*5 safety & security of grounds & safe provided
*5 views, pool, common beach and quality of condo
*3.5-4 fine details of cleaning, no dishwasher (not so important), locks, doors and windows tricky, internet ok - safe for valuables super
*3 convenience without vehicle - far to walk to other Negril beaches, restaurants etc.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the views and the property
Liked least: problem with locks
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
11 Jun 2016
Hi Linda, Sorry for the late response here... It was great being in communication with you and thank you for sharing the videos and photos... lovely. So glad you had a super time at Butterfly House. Always nice to welcome such a lovely family... Keep well and happy Verna & Ben x
Pgouveia
“Jaw Dropping!!!”
Reviewed 5 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

I want to start off by saying that this was probably one of the most spectacular places we have ever stayed at. From the moment we were picked up at the airport from our driver Kevin, we were made to feel special. During our drive, Kevin was very informative, showing us sites along the way. It was a short hour's drive from the airport to the Butterfly house at which point we were greeted by Verna. Upon our arrival, Verna offered us a beverage and then escorted us into her beautiful home. The minute we walked in both of our jaws dropped dropped. The place was absolutely stunning. She walked us around, explaining all of the amenities she had to offer. The grounds were breathtaking with views of the Caribbean. At the end of the garden is your own private Gazebo where you can sit at night and watch the stars. We had access to a private beach and infinity pool which were exceptionally clean. We also took advantage of the nanny - 'Momma D' who prepared some meals for us. We loved having Kevin drive you around to different places. Especially Rick's Cafe for the best sunset you will EVER see!!! Worth every penny. We would definitely book this place again and recommend ANYONE looking for a place in Negril to check this place out.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The backyard
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
11 Feb 2016
Thank you soooo much for your lovely review, much appreciated. It was also great to meet you both, looking forward to welcoming you back late summer... keep well, Nuff Respect! Verna x
Rachel Q
Montego Bay, Jamaica
“Awful Host, Lovely House”
Reviewed 15 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016

First negative experience ever after staying in Negril over ten times!

Be aware the hospitality you'll receive from the host Verna is not like that of the culture here in Jamaica. Upon arrival we were notified there will be no wireless internet (not working) for our trip. We noted we had specifically looked for this when choosing a condo and felt we should be reimbursed at very least for my mum's foreign fees for the week(she's coming from NYC and works in sales). It was at this point I was told if I don't like it I should relocate to Merril's, a 3-star beach guesthouse down the road. I was shocked and nearly in tears-imagine that for a greeting! It may be island life-but we expect to get what we pay for. No wifi available at clubhouse either. We stayed for the week (offered one alternative wifi connection from neighbor 103-did not show up nor work.) However five locked internet wifi logins did come up on my phone. Clearly not a problem with neighbors wifi. Verna and Ben did let us know flow (local internet provider) should be by on Monday. Nobody came, and neither Verna nor Ben contacted us for the rest of the trip. At the very least a gesture could have been made.

House was lovely as expected, kitchen was great! Not located on 7-mile beach (10min driving from the town) but was good for us (super quiet) and we live here so had a car to get around.

Mama D was lovely and super friendly. Check out Bourbon Beach and Alfred's for nighttime music and entertainment.

28 Jan 2016
We thought long and hard as to how to respond to this review, and decided that with so many mis-quotes and fabrication of the truth, we should simply let the other reviews give an indication as to what is really going on here...

Verna and Ben :(
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing