“Amazing place!”
other traveller has booked this property

Review of Somewhere West

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Asheville, North Carolina
“Amazing place!”
Reviewed 11 December 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

After a rough year for our married my husband and I decided to get away. We couldn’t choose a better place, words can’t express the beauty of this place.We enjoyed snorkeling everyday in the coral reef, on your very own back yard! ( all the equipment provided). The place it was so perfect and clean. Maureen was always so helpful with information about local places and restaurants.We felt some welcome and safe, I will recommend this place for anyone who is looking for an amazing quite place. I can’t wait to go back!

IslandVyb...
Cleveland, Ohio
“Simply Bliss”
Reviewed 21 November 2017 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

I always giggle when I wake up on vacation at 5am bright eyed and chipper but when the alarm goes off for the normal 9-5 grind I just can't fathom to wake!

Today is without a doubt going down as one of the top three times of waking up that I've experienced my entire life. Although the trees and wind are still, the water is exploding on the coral right outside of my bedroom window.

I peel out of my comfortable bed with a vail of mosquito netting and venture out to the balcony outside of my bedroom. Greeted by salty air, millions of stars, crashing waves and the beginnings of a bountiful sunrise. One star in particular is shining so bright and twinkling it might even be a planet. According to the "sky view" app and the strong wifi signal here I determined it is a star ik the constellation "Canis Major" which is so fitting for the pups Pepper, Candy and Bobo that call Somewhere West villa home. The early birds are starting to chirp. Myself included.

Early morning sights and sounds give way to my California neighbors making coffee and the gardener burning herb. What a beautiful aroma.

Going to chill back in this hammock that is perfectly positioned for the show and watch this sunrise. It's breathtaking and humbling to see a once black sky dotted with stars to a distant light with varying shades of red.

We return Dec 30th 2017

thisis c
“Another Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed 1 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Ok first off I love the cliffside of Negril period. I used to religiously stay at Citronella which unfortunately sold to a owner who has decided to keep it more private for hiself & close friends. After getting over that and frantically looking for something to sunstitute that peace & tranquility Xtabi was suggested. I stayed there two nights very disappointed indeed just not for me. I was told about this lovely place further up the westend called Somewhere West just past Tingalaya by a friend Adrien who used to take care of us everytime we stayed at Citronella. I decided to check it out for the remainder of my stay & was thrilled to know Adrien works here as well! Upon arrival to Somewhere west we were introduced to Angie & Aneal who showed us 4 seperate suites to choose from in this lovely bright colored, roomy, vivacious 2 story house which all included absolutely everytbing you need to just be. Each units have kitchens with brand new gas stoves, modern working refridgerators, microwaves, coffee maker & how about a diffuser for your essential oils in kitchen & bedroom! This place is so tastfully brightly eceltic decorated so chic bohemian groovy with organic soaps, mint tea bag touches with awesome bright colored tiling just so well thought out it's hard to describe in words how much attention to detail these folks put into the detail. The units can easily ajoin as I rented the 2 top units which consisted of 3 bedrooms total 2 kitchens 2 bathrooms and each unit comes with a side wall unit sitting or layin area easy can sleep extra guests. Hammocks on each balcony tastefully done in a pink and a blue color. Just loved everything about being here. The saltwater pool almost meets with the cliffside so at times the water can splash at the cliffs while your near at what fun that makes! They are currently putting the finishing touches on an amazing entertainment bar eatery area just poolside all hand built can't wait to see upon returning. Somewhere West is definitely a force to be reckoned with. Sade is awesome with making sure your suite or whole house is sparkling with all the extra touches of fresh flowers daily to snacks awaiting upon arrival they literally have thought of everything there is a very extensive welcome book which provided an amazing up to date A-Z on all you need. Thanks again for an unforgettable stay & look forward to returning in November! Keep a spot for me!

cargillja...
Arlington, Massachusetts
“So grateful!!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Hello,

I just wanted to take a moment to share what a great experience I had a SWW. I love yo travel but what makes a trip memorable is always the people you meet. That being said Maureen (the manager) made our trip extra special. I too work in the service industry and understand what it means to be in anticipation on ones needs. She was personable, knowledgeable about the hidden gems of Jamaica and truly helped us in navigating our way around what could have been a very intimidating place. SWW was so lovely in the truest sense. Tucked away in deep West End, private, safe and a haven unto itself. The space it self is colorful, bright and whoever did the decor absolutely nailed every last detail. Grateful for the entire experience! Looking forward to returning next year. Thank you again to Maureen and crew for making our trip memorable!

Kindly,
Ella Jay

Daniel H
“Absolutely Incredible”
Reviewed 19 June 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

My girlfriend and I stayed at the gorgeous Somewhere West for two days. Located in deep West End it was a beautiful escape from the busy 7 Mile beach. It being our first time in Jamaica, we were a little worried and nervous about all of our plans, but right from the beginning Angie was phenomenal in helping in any way possible to make us feel comfortable and welcome. Choosing to stay with Angie at Somewhere West was one of the best decisions we could have made. Angie is an incredible woman, friend, and gracious host. Angie, including her family, friends, and staff, made us feel right at home for the entirety of our stay whether that was at the villa or miles away at the beach. From decorating our room with gorgeous flowers on our arrival, to preparing a traditional Jamaican breakfast for us, to organizing rides into town (Richie is the man!), to sincere recommendations of things we must see, do , and eat while on vacation, to coordinating tours through her JuJu Tours company. I have nothing but amazing things to say about Angie! Somewhere West is beautifully placed up on the cliffs in West End, you get to see the sun setting over the water at night and wake up to the sound of water crashing on the rocks.

The compound is gated and extremely safe, they have a few dogs that are super cute and very friendly that welcome you home after a night out. Angie and her staff were fantastic hosts, they gave us our space even though we thoroughly enjoyed their company. The villa was beyond clean and was super vibrant and full of colors, you couldn’t help but be in a great mood. All of the amenities worked flawlessly, the place is incredible. The bedroom/living area very spacious, cozy, and clean as can be.

If you are thinking about staying at a resort or hotel, do yourself a favor and stay here instead. This gives you the opportunity to experience the culture from locals that want nothing more but to show you why they love Jamaica and the rich culture it has to offer. I highly recommend staying with Angie at Somewhere West, it is an experience you'll never forget. Also the JuJu Tours are incredible!

Miss you, your family and friends. Thanks for an amazing time! Cheers!

amkrn67
indiana
“Little piece of Heaven”
Reviewed 16 April 2017 for a stay in November 2016

This trip was our (husband andI) 2nd trip to Negril. Decided we wanted to experience the "real Jamaica" off of an all inclusive resort !! So glad we did !! Our entire vacation was perfect and can't wait to return for 2 weeks in October , 2017. We were treated like royalty (we're not) and couldn't have asked for a better experience. Can't say enough about the beautiful property and amazing people we met and became friends with . Angi made the entire booking process a breeze as I had many questions prior to our arrival (Thank you). Maureen and Capo (our hosts while Angi was in the US) made certain we were enjoying our stay ! We became family and were heartbroken when we had to leave . We left Somewhere West knowing we would return soon . Our week long stay was more than a "vacation" . Hard to explain the impact but "once you go , you know" .

Pascal G
“Wonderful Accomodation for a very reasonable price”
Reviewed 16 April 2017 for a stay in August 2016

We stayed in the Afterglow apartment and had an amazing time. The place is lovely, relaxing, colorful and cozy at the same time and very clean. The people on the property are very friendly and make it a perfect experience.
The location of the property and the swimming pool will leave you speechless. There's absolutely nothing negative to say about this place, I can highly recommend it to anybody who wants to enjoy the laid back side of negril, where you can enjoy some privacy and still don't feel like you're locked away from Jamaica.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing