Where the crystal clear blue ocean, meets the lush, gentle mountain rainforest in quaint Port Antonio is where Geejam will embrace you. You may be a rockstar, or just be made to feel like one!
At the Bush Bar, the fish jump out of the ocean onto your plate with expert preparation from Nigel. Jason will learn your desire and create a drink just for you. The music fills your surroundings exactly to your taste and vibe with loving guidance from Eugene. Your day is on autopilot by the subtle guidance of Jason, Steve and the staff at Geejam. Intimate a request? It is heard and executed effortlessly. Elegant Latrice greets the morning with a smile and fresh pressed French coffee. And Bentley? We wouldn’t be here with out him. He’ll take you from scenic cove to indigenous restaurants and gently navigate the roads to make sure you don’t miss seeing all the hidden gems of the area. He’ll keep a loving yet distant eye on his guests while the respect he garners from his peers embraces you in this handsome paradise. Don’t want to know anyone’s name? That’s ok, they know yours.
YOU are the reason for all of the above. At Geejam, your every whim is catered to. You are tucked away in your own deluxe cabin down hidden paths, in an uber hip room one of only three such accommodations along with a 3-bedroom house on property. You may choose to vacation as if you are the only one there or engage in the positive energy of other guests and staff. Your privacy is Geejams top priority yet; you have the acoutraments of a larger resort. Although there is no spa, a gifted message therapist was brought in to work her magic on a bluff overlooking the ocean.
The activities in this part of Jamaica are plentiful and your safety secure. We loved spending days at Frenchman’s cove just a few minutes complementary drive from Geejam. The Rio Grande River raft trip is a must: the romantic equivalent of a rickshaw ride down shaded paths but with tropical wildlife, vegetation and schools of fish throughout. The pinnacle of our trip was a lunch stop on the shore with crayfish fresh from the river cooked to perfection by Belinda. Belinda is a Jamaican national treasure and her beauty, hospitality and fine picnic dining are all yours with access only by the river.
At the Geejam, a tour of the studio is a must. We sang like rock stars, listened to pitch perfect music and watched videos of Port Antonio’s own mento band, The Jolly Boys. Although not scheduled to play this week and luckily in the country, our Geejam hosts, John and Steve brought in the Jolly Boys for a private concert at the Bushbar to round out our perfect experience.
I need to leave you with one major suggestion to allow you to enjoy more time at Geejam. The ride from Kingston Airport is a good 3 hours on bumpy, harrowing mountain roads. Take a private plane! The cost, ($600 for four of us) was well worth it!
Now go, and ENJOY!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Geejam, an insider escape, is located in San San, close to Port Antonio, in the parish of Portland, on the pristine shores of north-east Jamaica. Achieving a stylish equilibrium between ultra modern technology and the intrinsic grace of the natural island landscape makes this the Geejam signature trademark. The property features seven double rooms, a state of the art Recording Studio, Healing Spa, Swimming Pool (Sanwood only), Gym and the Bushbar, forming an exclusive universe within the natural beauty of the grounds, which stretch down to its own private beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Geejam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Geejam Port Antonio
- Geejam Hotel Port Antonio
- Geejam Jamaica/Port Antonio