Geejam hit all 3 factors that are important in our vacation: food, service, relaxation.
Food: We love simple, flavorful, well cooked food - and the Chef's at Bush Bar at Geejam delivered. Breakfast was heaven. Scrambled eggs could easily go head to head with top restaurants in NYC. The omlettes were solid. The french press coffee was key. And fruit was fresh and delicious. Dinner, one word, chicken. I thought I was giving up poultry, and just about had, until I had the chicken at Bush Bar. Only once have I had chicken cooked this well, at french restaurant in the upper east side of Manhattan. The fish dishes were also very good.
Service: 5 star. Why? 1) Consistency: our room was cleaned consistently twice a day - done well and the room was re-stocked as needed (did I mention they have a complimentary mini and light snacks bar? water, beer, soda, cereal bars, trail mix - small but nice amenity). We were given a cell phone linked to all the services on the resort, and someone always picked up. If they didn't on the first try, we got a call back within 10 mins. Complimentary wireless on the property. Complimentary driving services to key beaches in Port Antonio, Frenchman's Cove, San San beach and I think Blue Lagoon. And their drivers were available whenever we needed them (albeit we were there during low season and the only guests a good portion of our stay) 2) Doing their clients right. It exists. I left my ipod in the gym, and it went missing. The owner of the property called us, reassured us it would either be found or we would be reimbursed. This is unheard of in hospitality these days. They put the meaning back in that word. This deserves 10 stars.
Relaxation: We like to chill and have nice surroundings on our vacations. If you do too, you will love Geejam as well. The grounds are beautiful, there's a private property for guests with a small, but pretty & clean beach, kyacks, snorkels. The best restaurant in Port Antonio is steps away. Your view is amazing. You've got apple TV in your room. Our room was comfortable and clean.
Bottom line: we had the perfect stay for what we were looking for, and were pleasantly surprised by their interest in doing us right, even if the small print had the standard disclaimers and did not require them to do a thing. It doesn't really happen these days. At all. Ever.
Geejam is a must stay if you're looking for rest and relaxation in Port Antonio.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Geejam, an insider escape, is located in San San, close to Port Antonio, in the parish of Portland, on the pristine shores of north-east Jamaica. Achieving a stylish equilibrium between ultra modern technology and the intrinsic grace of the natural island landscape makes this the Geejam signature trademark. The property features seven double rooms, a state of the art Recording Studio, Healing Spa, Swimming Pool (Sanwood only), Gym and the Bushbar, forming an exclusive universe within the natural beauty of the grounds, which stretch down to its own private beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Geejam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Geejam Port Antonio
- Geejam Hotel Port Antonio
- Geejam Jamaica/Port Antonio