“One word: AMAZING!”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Port Antonio
Miami Beach, Florida
“One word: AMAZING!”
Reviewed 11 June 2011

I feel bad because I promised everyone at the hotel I'd give some feedback right away and its been almost a year. Owen said he had never been mentioned on here and I have to give him a shout out. He was the best driver, tour guide and friend you could ask for! He made me feel like a local. As for the hotel itself, I felt and was treated like a celebrity the entire time I was there. It was the best vacation I ever had. If you are going to geejam set your expectations high and they will be exceeded! I cant wait to go back! I have to apologize as its been a year and I forgot the other guys names to give a shout out to, but Its just another excuse to go back! I wish there was a rating on here above excellent!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank richardnix0n

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Geejam hit all 3 factors that are important in our vacation: food, service, relaxation.

Food: We love simple, flavorful, well cooked food - and the Chef's at Bush Bar at Geejam delivered. Breakfast was heaven. Scrambled eggs could easily go head to head with top restaurants in NYC. The omlettes were solid. The french press coffee was key. And fruit was fresh and delicious. Dinner, one word, chicken. I thought I was giving up poultry, and just about had, until I had the chicken at Bush Bar. Only once have I had chicken cooked this well, at french restaurant in the upper east side of Manhattan. The fish dishes were also very good.

Service: 5 star. Why? 1) Consistency: our room was cleaned consistently twice a day - done well and the room was re-stocked as needed (did I mention they have a complimentary mini and light snacks bar? water, beer, soda, cereal bars, trail mix - small but nice amenity). We were given a cell phone linked to all the services on the resort, and someone always picked up. If they didn't on the first try, we got a call back within 10 mins. Complimentary wireless on the property. Complimentary driving services to key beaches in Port Antonio, Frenchman's Cove, San San beach and I think Blue Lagoon. And their drivers were available whenever we needed them (albeit we were there during low season and the only guests a good portion of our stay) 2) Doing their clients right. It exists. I left my ipod in the gym, and it went missing. The owner of the property called us, reassured us it would either be found or we would be reimbursed. This is unheard of in hospitality these days. They put the meaning back in that word. This deserves 10 stars.

Relaxation: We like to chill and have nice surroundings on our vacations. If you do too, you will love Geejam as well. The grounds are beautiful, there's a private property for guests with a small, but pretty & clean beach, kyacks, snorkels. The best restaurant in Port Antonio is steps away. Your view is amazing. You've got apple TV in your room. Our room was comfortable and clean.

Bottom line: we had the perfect stay for what we were looking for, and were pleasantly surprised by their interest in doing us right, even if the small print had the standard disclaimers and did not require them to do a thing. It doesn't really happen these days. At all. Ever.

Geejam is a must stay if you're looking for rest and relaxation in Port Antonio.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank iko615
eagerbeaverhk, Owner at Geejam, responded to this review, 10 June 2011
Wonderful to receive such kind words about our Geejam Team and vibe.
I am happy to note that the iPod was indeed found, and returned to our guests, prior to their departure - so all’s well that ends well.
1love
Jon Baker
Co-owner
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 May 2011

The private beach is incredible. I have been to some amazing beaches, countries, etc. This spot is absolutely amazing. The reef stops waves. The water is crystal clear. Lots of shade - and sun, if you'd like. Totally private. I don't want to give anything else away about the beach. It's better to be surprised.

The world class views are as incredible as the beach. Food is fantastic at the Bushbar. Service is excellent and kind. Due to the number of rooms one could plan a trip with a few friends and fill up the entire hotel. We've already begun discussing a trip like that with our close friends.

I haven't recorded here, but the staff gave me a nice tour of the recording studio. It has great sight lines with the control room and it over looks the ocean. One could easily make a record here. Or mix one. Or do vocal overdubs. etc. Makes me want to get back in a band, so I can swim in the morning and make music during the afternoon. What a place!

My suggestion: do whatever you need to do to get here. You will be so happy that you did. We cannot wait to get back.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JimTheBeachLover
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 May 2011

After a miserable winter in New York City, our family could not wait for our vacation at Geejam. As a family with a 6 year old, one factor that is of most importance, is whether a hotel will be able to properly accommodate us. The perfect options to choose from at the hotel consisted of The Drum & Bass Suites and The Sanwood Villas. We choose to stay in the Sanwood Villas. The Sanwood Villa, which provides up to three bedrooms, was a perfect fit for our family. The Villa has a private pool and is extremely exclusive.

The most impressive part of the resort is how the resorts seems to blend in and become one with it's natural surroundings. It is situated within a nature sanctuary. So, while you can enjoy the amenities of Apple TV, you can also tune out all forms of media and just enjoy the surroundings. Additionally, there is also a recording studio on site, where we were able to have a recording of our son singing like a rock star. The accommodations could not have been any better. The beds are super comfortable and the rooms are impeccably clean. We were treated like royalty by the entire hotel staff, from having our food delivered to the private beach to having the concierge remind us what we wanted to do for the day. Geejam far surpassed our expectations. We can't wait to return.

One recommendation, which I would certainly would make in making the best of your visit to Geejam is to plan out your itinerary ahead of time. The reservations manager is extremely resourceful. This resort will completely custom design your experience. So, be upfront when they ask you what your favorite food is. They change the menu daily and the chef will include your requests.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Familyexcursions
Parrish, Florida
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Surprised us with substantial "x-tras" beyond our expectations.
Amazing staff-friendly & professional, very accomodating-made us feel like family. Always kept us very safe.
Breathtakingly beautiful spot for wedding on San San Beach. Phil was totally amazed and can't wait to go back.
(See photos on www.machenphotography.com Allison & Phil) I was able to plan wedding from States via email & phone.
Great food. Gorgeous & comfortable accomodations. This property is in the preserved rainforest, and every villa overlooks the Carribean. There is an xtra drive or flight into Portland, but the pay off was that we saw very few tourists. Whether swimming in Somerset waterfalls, or lounging at the beach in a luxurious chaise, we were usually the only couple there & it was very private, other than staff or security on grounds.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pbrad61
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 24 March 2011

Much has been written on this site regarding the ‘Geejam Experience’, and we are happy to report that in all aspects, my wife and I would agree with the positive comments posted. We recently spent 5 nights at Geejam, we stayed in ‘Mento’, the accommodation was perfect, we were surrounded by lush vegetation and from our deck we had a wonderful view of the ocean/cove, we could relax in the hammock or the 2 seat lounge bed, in addition we used the hot-tub. The food was very good, actually the whole experience was so relaxing we never left the property – we will next year upon our return! The private beach area is well thought out and maintained; loungers, beds, chairs etc. Being such a small and private resort you will soon know the names of all the employees, Jason, Noel, Iola, Eugene everyone has a great personality, are very friendly and will always accommodate your needs. We have been lucky enough to visit a few luxury resorts e.g. Jade Mountain in St.Lucia but I would say it’s the attention to details and the small things that set Geejam apart. For example, during breakfast your room is cleaned and upon arrival and departure one of the Owners will meet and greet you. We did not take the road transport and understand it can take 2 plus hours, we opted for the Helicopter transfer, which literally lands and takes off from a neighbors land, the Helicopter ride is about 30 minutes and a great way to see the island from Kingston to Geejam.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 21 March 2011

You read so much about the scenery at Geejam, as well as how beautiful the rooms are. And it's all true. But the untold story of Geejam are the people who make the experience so wonderful. First, we had the coolest drivers on the island taking us to and from all the best spots in and around Port Antonio. Then, back at Geejam, we had one of the owners invite us to Fi Wi Sinting, a special annual festival that celebrates the African heritage of the island. That type of personal touch is just so unusual these days. A quick call to reception or to the Bush Bar gets you anything you want, and service is always with a smile, no matter the time.

We stayed in the Drum & Bass suite, which was absolutely stunning. The bathroom was elegant with a large steam shower and lovely free-standing tub. Our deck was enormous with a hot tub and complete privacy.

We also fell in love with Port Antonio. The heart of the island beats strong here.

We can't wait to return to Geejam!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
The Trident Hotel
The Trident Hotel
#3 of 16 in Port Antonio
Round Hill Hotel & Villas

Been to Geejam? Share your experiences!