My wife and I stayed in Ska from Aug 5-9, absolutely perfect cottage; secluded from the other cottages, with a perfect view from the hot tub on the deck, and close to the Bushbar.
We lucked out; as we pulled up to Geejam, the Jolly Boys were just finishing rehearsing in the studio. J-son was kind enough to escort us down to the studio to meet the band, who were gracious enough to take a few pics with us. They couldn't be nicer.
Speaking of J-son, he made sure all of our needs were attended to, no problem, from mixing the perfect drinks, to sending a cooler full of Red Stripes and water down to the beach, to making sure we had the perfect Jamaican experience. He even almost beat me in a game of pool.
Steve, one of the owners of the property, was on site during our stay, and could not have been a more gracious host. He was kind enough to give us a full tour of the property, and chat with us at length about his hopes and dreams for the Port Antonio area. An Email was waiting for me when I got home from Steve, making sure that we had gotten home safely. Thanks also go out to Iola, Dwight and Nigel, who took great care of us.
Geejam has the perfect vibe going. Steve loved having the guests play DJ at the Bushbar, and the music library trumps any I have seen. With over 15,000 songs, which you can also access from the Apple TV in your room, the perfect song for the perfect setting wasn't hard to find.
The beach is absolute beautiful, from the views, to the daybeds, to kayaking around the cove. The fitness center met all our needs, and we even ran the stairs, which was a great workout.
If you can, be sure to go rafting on the Rio Grande. It is really an authentic Jamaican experience. Lunch along the river was incredible, hanging with the locals was priceless. I took some amazing pictures, which I have already blown up and hung on the wall, so I can constantly be reminded of my time at Geejam.
I've been to Jamaica quite a few times; nothing has come close. Kudos to the staff and owners of Geejam, you've created the perfect escape in a wonderful country.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Geejam, an insider escape, is located in San San, close to Port Antonio, in the parish of Portland, on the pristine shores of north-east Jamaica. Achieving a stylish equilibrium between ultra modern technology and the intrinsic grace of the natural island landscape makes this the Geejam signature trademark. The property features seven double rooms, a state of the art Recording Studio, Healing Spa, Swimming Pool (Sanwood only), Gym and the Bushbar, forming an exclusive universe within the natural beauty of the grounds, which stretch down to its own private beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Geejam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Geejam Port Antonio
- Geejam Hotel Port Antonio
- Geejam Jamaica/Port Antonio