Geejam was perfect for us in every way. friendly staff, unobtrusive, lovely setting, chilled bar, everything we were looking for after the hustle of Ochos Rios. The private beach is really nice but the local beaches - especially Winnifreds - are stunning. I think its worth pointing out one or two things that more discerning travellers may be annoyed about though. Geejam is CRAZY expensive and we were told that the minibar in the room is replenished every day for free. Sadly we were there four nights and it wasnt restocked once which I think is a real shame as water and a beer and some peanuts are not expensive and are much needed after a long day at the beach. Also the furniture in the room is a little worse for wear for a five star resort. These things as I say did not dampen our experience at all as we are very laid back but considering the price, i just thought it was worth mentioning to others! The food is again very expensive for what it is but very tasty and the restauarnt is a lovely setting. Local food is great - I definitely recommend Woody's for the most amazing beef and plantain burgers and could red strip for about a fiver! ALso make sure you go river rafting - the experience is amazing, so relaxing and the food cooked up on the river's edge was one of the best meals we had in Jamaica. Second only to the Jerk at Boston Bay. AMAAAAAZING. I took home some bottles of the jerk sauce as its the best I have ever had. Big shout out to Jason, the bar manager at Geejam who is such a star, so friendly and really looked after us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Geejam, an insider escape, is located in San San, close to Port Antonio, in the parish of Portland, on the pristine shores of north-east Jamaica. Achieving a stylish equilibrium between ultra modern technology and the intrinsic grace of the natural island landscape makes this the Geejam signature trademark. The property features seven double rooms, a state of the art Recording Studio, Healing Spa, Swimming Pool (Sanwood only), Gym and the Bushbar, forming an exclusive universe within the natural beauty of the grounds, which stretch down to its own private beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Geejam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Geejam Port Antonio
- Geejam Hotel Port Antonio
- Geejam Jamaica/Port Antonio