Geejam was suggested to me by a friend who lives in Jamaica. Local knowledge is the best! The hotel was tricky for 20 min to actually find (I was driving a rental) and get to but as a seasoned traveler, these kinds of things add to the whole experience. Once there I immediately realized that it had a sort of relaxed professionalism...my only explanation. The first person I met was a person who seemed to be a grounds man and who immediately handled the situation....luckily I recalled the rooms name and we were taken straight there...no check in counter..nothing! what a concept! a lady showed up moments later with a clip board and a form and left it there for me to sign in, that was the check in process...i love it!
Once there I had every intention of exploring the rest of Portie...Blue Lagoon etc....but once settled in Mento...I had no further use for the vehicle and it didnt move it once until I left the resort.
I met the owners. Steve, one of them, said the resort is described as Robinson Crusoe went to an Apple store....he is so right. Its a blend of rustic and hiteck....
The staff are great...nothing is a problem....and since its a small hotel...the lady who checked us in (brought the clip board) also working in the restaurant....so everyone knows whats happening and who is who, great team work. Great play list also...in resto....loved the Ska music...i think that style of music is making a come back!
The landscaping makes you think you are far away once in your room, in truth the property is not that large in area, best of both worlds.
Will def go back and def suggest it as a must do/see while in Jamaica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Geejam, an insider escape, is located in San San, close to Port Antonio, in the parish of Portland, on the pristine shores of north-east Jamaica. Achieving a stylish equilibrium between ultra modern technology and the intrinsic grace of the natural island landscape makes this the Geejam signature trademark. The property features seven double rooms, a state of the art Recording Studio, Healing Spa, Swimming Pool (Sanwood only), Gym and the Bushbar, forming an exclusive universe within the natural beauty of the grounds, which stretch down to its own private beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Geejam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Geejam Port Antonio
- Geejam Hotel Port Antonio
- Geejam Jamaica/Port Antonio