“Just One Night to fell in love”
Review of Search-Me-Heart

and 1 more site!
Search-Me-Heart
Ranked #6 of 29 Port Antonio B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 July 2014

we were there for 1 night only but was enough to fell in love with this little nice guest house.
it's very clean and pretty and Rosanna let you feel at home! (she is Italian like me and that was nice!)
the guest house is located in the middle of the locals houses, perfect to feel the real Jamaican Life!
i suggest this place for the travelers!
O'Neil will take good care of all your needs! (just give him the right time.... soon come)
One love
Milo

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed at Search-Me-Heart between 6 and 20 March and enjoyed it even more than I thought I could after reading the reviews and looking at the pictures on the Search-Me-Heart website and facebook page. Rosanna arranged for a Juta taxi to pick me up from Montego Bay airport and although it is a long drive to Portland I enjoyed the scenery on the way and the company of the driver (Warren) as well as the music he was playing from the car stereo. I had not been in Jamaica for over a year and I felt right back at home. When I arrived Rosanna was waiting for me and made sure I was settled in and comfortable before going to bed. I liked everything about this place. The yellow room I had was clean and the bed comfortable, the mutual kitchen/dining room is spacious and you can use the fridge and freezer to store food and drinks as well as the stove if you want to cook. The housekeeper Kay makes lovely pancakes, fried plantain, banana fritters, eggs or toast for breakfast and always made sure there was a cup of coffee ready for me even if I was not ready to have breakfast yet. The veranda is a nice place for sitting or lying in the hammock/lounge chair, playing some music, having a drink, relaxing or talking with the other guests/friends I made in Drapers. Drapers is a small community and the people are very friendly and made me feel at home and safe. There are several small and large beaches at walking/route taxi distance and they are all beautiful and most of all quiet. Port Antonio is only a few miles away and has road block parties, night clubs and a wider variety of shops and restaurants. Rosanna makes sure her guests are comfortable, even lending me a beach towel and taking me with her to a football final I really wanted to see. O'Neill took me on a great road trip to the beautiful Reach Falls and I quickly made friends who took me to Road Block, Monkey Island, Fry Fish restaurants and a tour of Portland. I would highly reccomend Search-Me-Heart to anyone who is looking for a smaller scale, clean, relaxed place to stay; away from the hussle you find in places such as Montego Bay and Negril, yet with a perfect balance between peace and quiet and 'nuff tings agwaan' to never get bored.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This February my husband and I spent three weeks at the guesthouse Search-Me-Heart located in Drapers, Jamaica, 6 miles from Port Antonio. This was our second stay at Search-Me-Heart. (See my review of Search-Me-Heart April 3, 2013) We love the clean airy rooms, the relaxed international atmosphere, the delicious breakfasts prepared by Kay, the location, and Rosanna’s hospitality.

Rosanna Trifogli is the owner of the Guesthouse. This is her home as well, and she is present to help guests and insure that things are running smoothly. Rosanna takes good care of her guests. She was very helpful to us in arranging transportation and any guided tours in which we were interested.

We also love being with Roy who is a fun upbeat guide and a good cook, and appreciated O'Neil's advice and good humor.

We enjoy Drapers and the people we’ve met there. Beaches are nearby. There are good places to eat delicious healthy food at reasonable prices- Woody’s Burgers (veggie and plantain too) and Miss Ann’s Vegetarian stand as well as restaurants with more expensive dining. We also enjoy birding and this is a good area.

We highly recommend Search-Me-Heart. It is the place to stay in Portland Parish.

Room Tip: We've stayed in the Blue Room & the White Room. They are both very nice.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 401KathleenC
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at Search Me Heart for our "pre-wedding honeymoon". Though Jamaica has tons of all-inclusive spots, we wanted something that would allow us to see more of the authentic Jamaica and interact with Jamaican people and culture. Search Me Heart was great for this. We had the "white room", which was simple (a fan, mosquito netting around the bed, and access to a private bathroom) but worked for our needs, for the most part. Drapers is a very small hamlet--very quiet, and kind of like the "anti all-inclusive". We really did feel like we were in the countryside somewhere. What made the stay memorable, though, was the treatment we got from Roy, Rosana's stepson. He showed us around all the great spots, introducing us to other locals who took great care of us--Winnifred Beach (one of the few public beaches still left on the island) was INCREDIBLE! The Blue Lagoon tour with Mr. Fox and Bugs Bunny. River rafting down the Rio Grande with Mike (I think that was his name!). Vegetarian dinners at Miss Ann's... It was all great. And the fresh jams and Kay's banana fritters were yummy!

The only downsides, I can think of are that it was super hot when we were there, and there was no AC. My husband sweats a lot and it takes a lot to cool him off, so he was a bit uncomfortable. But we knew that going in.

All in all, it was a really great stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KBQueen
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I spent 3 nights at Search-Me-Heart and enjoyed the quiet, calm and friendly atmosphere. Upon my arrival in Port Antonio I called Rosanna and she made arrangments for someone to come pick me up from the town center. Rosanna is a kind and gentle person and she is always ready to assist you with anything you need. I was able to walk to Frencman's Cove from the guest house to attend a family gathering there. I highly recommend Search-Me-Heart if you are looking for a safe, clean and relaxing environment that is close to the joys of nature, the town center and the wonderful beaches.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank averlont
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I don't even know where to start ... Search-Me-Heart is THE place to be near Port Antonio! Best value for money ever! The house is splendid, the rooms are perfectly clean and Rosana is a lovely host! We had a wonderful time with Roy- the stepson of Rosana- who made us discover a few secret spots in Drapers! We even had a chance to hang out in a road block party and to eat barracuda! The breakfast- which is included in the price- is delicious and cook with love by Kay! I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AudreyBC
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I have stayed at Search-Me-Heart all three times that I have visited Jamaica. The nearby beaches are some of the most beautiful beaches you could ask for, much more desirable than most in Hawaii, where I lived for eight years. It amazes me that the beaches are not crowded, but most travelers to Jamaica prefer touristy places in Negril and Montego Bay, I guess.

Culture and Rosanna make sure your stay is fun and entertaining. Culture, especially has gone out of his way to make sure that we had a good experience. There are not many places nearby to eat, but Culture would make us meals for a very reasonable price whenever we asked. On my first visit, I had just recently had both knees replaced and could not walk very far. Culture personally took my friend and I to various beaches and made sure I always had a ride to and from anywhere I wanted to go. He even took me to a local party once, which was a hoot! If you are looking for a luxury hotel, you will be disappointed, but if you are looking for an authentic Jamaican experience, I can think of no better place to go.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple