“PERSONAL!”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We were the only diners at this little shack on the side of the road..when you pull up you think that not even two people can fit inside..or that its going to fall down around you..and how good can the food be??..well..negative to all the above..it is very small..and a little old and slanted//and you think u r going to fall off the edge of the cliff lol..but you are treated like royalty when you walk through the door..they only offer red stripe to drink(which was great for us but don't expect an extensive wine or soda list) but you get a five course meal (that your hotel or villa will order in advance..you tell them what you want.. from jerk chicken to seafood and they will prepare it for you no problem mon)..also it was a special occasion so with a little preparation my husband and I were so lucky to have one of the original Jolly Boys(who started the whole Jamaican music movement) meet us there and serenade us during our entire stay which was so authentic Jamaican and so heartfelt that it brought tears to my eyes..I thought I would be so dissapointed when I pulled up outside this little restaurant..I left with nothing but happiness and joy in my heart..along with a full belly and memories to last me a lifetime!!

2  Thank Nancy P

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Gotta love Dickies. The location is scary but spectacular. With a little notice, they will prepare anything your heart desires. Its expensive for what it is, but worth it.

1  Thank hearsechic
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Been last night at dickie's, I go often to jamaica and less in port antonio, but after a good experience in 2008 I decided to come back...
Was not nice...after a fruit plate and the classical jamaican soup it start to horror...an omelet soak in water from the vegetable was a no-no...followed by a deep fried fish with the same vegetables, a super-dry lobster stuffed with plain rice!!!??...and a plate of rice with boiled potatoes with some salad topped with the ketchup and mayonnaise!!??...the meal end with a dry coffee'/kraft creamer and a cheap chocolate cake (at least give me a fresh made jamaican blue mountain coffee' and some warm fresh chocolate cake with some local cacao..)
I normally dont write review and not complain, but visitors should be warn do not go there...was for us a special family reunion and we wanted to have a special dinner...
In jamaica you can eat more fresher and more nicer for much more less...fares start at 500jmd set in any place of the island, this meal was charged 2500jmd, is not expensive compare to overseas standard but it is for jamaica, and i was prefer to eat chicken (you dont choose the menu, they prepare fresh, this is what they say at least...) but at least a good chicken!
the place is run by rasta, that normally they believe in natural and fresher food and lifestyle...
ketchup?...mayonnaise?....kraft??...dry coffee'??...I dont think so!!

1  Thank ilyontheroad
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I had read a review of this place in a guide book prior to my arrival and was very intrigued, but I wish I had checked trip advisor before dinning here. What a weird and unenjoyable experience this was. You select if you want fish or chicken upon making your reservation. Once seated there was no communication between us and the server. He started us off with a fruit plate, then soup, followed by an omelet, then striped bass collar with sides and a loaf cake with instant coffee (in Jamaica!). The fish was horrible. Collar is one of the most boney cuts and was definitely not what I expected when ordering fish earlier that day. The bill came to around $75 for two people, which is not bad for multiple courses and two beers, but to end an already odd experience the server was not able to provide us with change and ended up with a $25 tip. The shack itself is interesting to be in, and the view is lovely, but I am sad to say that I think the restaurants hay day is over. I would definitely not recommend anyone to dine here. Go to bushbar at Geejam instead for good food and good service.

2  Thank DancingTraveler85
Reviewed 19 December 2012

This place was well recommended by the locals for a nice evening out, is more like an average home cooked meal in a shanty by the sea. Our taxi drove up to what looked like another road side shack, Inside seemed to extend downward through a myriad of small rooms connected by concrete stairs having walls made of different sizes, shapes, colors of wooden planks. The idea is you pre order a meal with either chicken, fish or seafood and they serve a set five course meal including the main item you chose. Our meal started by us being seated in a gloomy, oddly shaped, slightly tilted room with windows perched open to the ocean. The mismatched plates/glasses, hand embroidered-hand cut napkins, pieces of rugs and thatched walls may seem eclectic to some but was too "Alice in wonderlandish" for us. The courses included fruit, bread/butter, veg soup, a very large omelet stuffed with veg, our fish was red snapper with rice, dessert was twinkies on a plate (no I'm not kidding) and coffee/or tea. The service was okay the waiter cleared and set new plates between each course but did not tell us what each course was( we didn't know since it was a set menu). The quality of the food was just okay, it really seemed like a very simple home cooked food rather than a meal from a famous chef, though the ingredients seemed fresh. For a $100 if you're expecting a nice meal at a nice place DO NOT GO THERE, it really is just a waste to spend on mediocre food and a dumpy atmosphere.