“Amazing burger”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
“Amazing burger”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Best Burger ever, everything fresh and cookes on the spot. Personalized service, my son and another friend had 2 of the plantain full house burgers. Veggie burger is unlike an veggie burger ever had. Amazing!

Montego Bay, Jamaica
“Exceptional Place in Portland for Lunch - Must Go!!!!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

On Saturday June 21st a group of 16 close friends took a trip to Portland. We stopped in at this little burger joint. The cook said there was too many of us, and to come back tomorrow. She said it would be worth it. Man, was it ever. We were greeted by Mama, and Papa Woody, who were absolutely amazing. The food was fantastic, the beer was cold, and customer service was next to none. Papa belted out a few songs for us, and they even sent me with a souvenir to take home.
If you are in Portland, I highly recommend stopping in and getting a burger from Mama and Papa.
5 Gold Stars!!!

Thank you very much Mama/Papa!! Hope to see you soon.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Crnko
ny
“Best vege burger ever”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The owner has some recipes that should be patented! He mixes in plantains into some of his burgers which results in unique, delicious, juicy burgers.

On the advice of a customer in the restaurant, who couldn't stop gushing about the vegetable burger, I tried the vege burger (and I am not into vegetables) and was blown away by the taste. My husband had the full house beef burger and was equally impressed. While the vege burger was very filling, you may want 2 of the beef burgers if you have a big appetite.

Woody is on to something special - I hope he passes his secrets on to the next generation so that his recipes are not lost over time.

Visited June 2014
“Best burgers in Jamaica?”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We spent two nights in Drapers outside Port Antonio and was looking for something to eat for our first night.
Woody's was one of the few options around, so we figures we'd give it a go. At least the locals spoke warmly about it.

I wasn't expecting much, but I must admit I was very surprised to find such good burgers at this place. The burgers were juicy and tasty, and the fries were crispy.

I had the Plantain Full House burger. During my two weeks in Jamaica, it was by far the best burger I had.

Malibu, California
“Woodys, it's the wall wisdom!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Woodys
I had to stop here as it's an institution in the Port Antonio area. Gotta admit that I don't know what the fuss is all about. It's a standard Jamaican eatery/cafe.
The whole atmosphere and vibe is what makes it different. There is great wisdom on the walls. Take heed of those sayings...
I had a soda, burger and fries. Certainly below average burger and it's really small...But nothing to compare with the burger in Jamaica since it's the only one I had.
Read the sayings and enjoy. Worth the visit for the sayings.

• Visited May 2014