“Family live practically at the Rio Grande”
Review of Rio Grande

and up
Rafters Delight, Rio Grande and Blue Lagoon Tour
Manchester, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Family live practically at the Rio Grande”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Fresh rushing water! Have a play, a swim or go on a raft. The water is not salty, open your eyes and have a look!

Visited September 2013

• Polish first
New Jersey USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“a nice way to spend an afternoon”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

we had a wonderful trip down the Rio Grande. our captain was Robert, aka Tootsie! ask for him he was very fun and informative. he told us we were in charge. it was our day. if you wanted to stop and swim he would pull over. and we did, often...the mountains are so green with bamboo and banana plants. and the water cool and clear.fishermen were stooped in the shallows with spearguns, catching fish... we swam a bunch of times. and jumped off of rocks into the water. there was a colorful guy on a raft/bar floating around selling red stripes and soda. all the while going down the river captain Robert is telling stories, answering questions about all topics and singing. we stopped on the riverbanks for an alfresco lunch cooked by a friendly woman, named Wissy, i think. delicious stewed chicken, rice and peas, veggies,dumpling,and breadfruit. all cooked in iron pots over a wood fire. and we drank ginger beer.we chilled out there for awhile while Robert rested his arms. the rest of the afternoon was spent floating in the water hanging onto the raft, lazy swimming, while Robert sang us Bob Marley songs. even some Rasta men on the banks, joined in! perfect moment. the cost is 72 us dollars. plus a tip. we would do this again in a heartbeat!

Quebec City, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Thanks Capt'n”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I did the rafting descent with "Capt'n" (I think his real name is George). It was very relaxing and lasted quite a long time, 3 hours or so.

The scenery is breathtaking and I truly enjoyed swimming in some cold water (sea water is so warm it is hard to cool down sometimes!).

I bargained my trip for 4 000 JD$. Don't bargain too low, keep in mind most of the guide don't actually own the bamboo raft but have to rent it, urusally for 1 500 JD$. The difference goes to your guide, who does all the physical effort while you lay in the back.

London, England, United Kingdom
“rafting on the Rio Grande”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Rafting on the Rio Grande was an amazing experience for me, i brought my Bose speaker and stack up my igloo with some bear and place it on the raft for my journey. seven miles down the river, wow the seen was breathtaking can't wait to do it again on my next visit.

Leeds
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Relaxing but HOT”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This tour is very relaxing, however I would recommend going early morning or late afternoon as it is direct sunlight on the raft with no escape from the sunshine.
You can get out and have a swim at one point and the water is so refreshing and much needed. Luckily when we went we had some cloud for periods of the journey which helped but it was baking when no clouds around. Gorgeous views the whole journey.

Visited May 2013