Kanopi House
Moon San Villa(Port Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$155
Tropical Lagoon Resort(Port Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$159
US$295
US$202
Jamaica Palace Hotel(Port Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$123
Hotel Jamaican Colors(Port Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$89
San San Tropez Villa-Hotel(Port Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$92
Great Huts(Port Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$65
  • Breakfast included
Goblin Hill Villas at San San(Port Antonio)
US$199
The Trident Hotel(Port Antonio)
US$930
Geejam(Port Antonio)
US$538
All reviewsalmond treetree houseupper deckblue lagoonoutdoor showerremarkable placelush natureprovided greatboat mannearest airportboat rideconch soupwinifred beachspectacular viewssmall beachsan san beachan adventure
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Place is amazing. Beautiful cottages, wonderful staff; very lauded back. Carla cooking was great something new every meal. Awesome lunch on monkey island. You couldn't ask for a better place to get away. Everything and everyone one at kanpoi made our stay relaxing and perfect

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We wanted somewhere special for a four day vacation that would be beautiful and quiet, where we wouldn't have to drive to reach a beach, and where we could both do some work easily. Kanopi House was perfect. They offered us the most laid-back, relaxed vacation I've ever had. We were picked up from the airport, driven there. The houses are amazing, the jungle beautiful and you can just walk down the bath to the water's edge at the Blue Lagoon to swim. They have kayaks for you to borrow--no extra charge. You can snorkel easily. Carla was quietly efficient, a great cook, and an excellent communicator. The whole thing is really well run. I've been in places where they promise things and when you get there, the wireless doesn't work/sports equipment isn't there/they're always on the verge of organizing something but never do. This wasn't the case here AT ALL, which is why I think it's such a great place. Everything was exactly as promised--total transparency and honesty. It felt like a great deal. I'd love to come back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank quickcat
Reviewed 18 December 2011

If you can go with the flow, an elegant and transformative experience awaits you here.

Once a vacation home to a wealthy family, it retains an intimate, elegant yet casual feel. But let's be clear: it's a gorgeous series of tree houses built with thoughtfulness and care on the edge of a JUNGLE, two and a half hours (without traffic) hours from Manley airport, four hours from Kingston, and the roads and images of poverty are often unforgiving.

The property is gorgeous. Each house has it's own small kitchenette and bathroom, as well as a living area. They are all separated from each other so you have a sense of privacy. We mostly kept our windows and doors open, which took us some time to get used to, being New Yorkers.

If you are adventurous and savor the sound of a storm on the leaves of a banana tree while firebugs light up the sky outside the open doors of your room, you will love it. If you want to be able to pick up the house phone (there are none) or flip through cable shows on TV (none) you will probably be better served at a resort where there is a pool (none) and the usual fare.

That said, you would miss the exquisite care of the manager Carla. She was beyond reproach. Helpful, funny, full of joy and kindness and an AMAZING Jamaican cook. Meeting her made me feel as if I got to know about the real spirit of Jamaica even though we rarely strayed from the property.

If you have had enough of the world, need a break, can handle a fair bit of adventure, and can go with the flow, this property will not disappoint. It has a very special magic all it's own.

Room Tip: Remember, most rooms have a jungle view, but the water is very close. Ask if you want a water view specifically. Get Mickie to drive you from the airport. The roads are too rough unless you have a Jeep and are an expert driver. Seriously. Ask Carla if you have any questions about tipping or culture or where to get good rum. She's a person you can trust and will help you with everything you need.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blueglitterfish
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I booked and confirmed a booking for the night of Tuesday 11th October at the rate of $240. She confirmed that payment had been taken from my boyfriend's card by email at the time of booking. On Tuesday morning we set out from Ocho Rios to Port Antonio which is about an hour and a half drive.

The road to the hotel was apparently damaged in recent rain, however we attempted it in our rental which was a Toyota Yaris. In the attempt to get up the hill, we got a flat tyre and reversed down the hill as it had proved impossible in that type of car. We then decided to walk up the hill to the property which we did and found the reception cabin. We called out several times and we both even managed to use the restroom and still saw no sign of anyone.

We then returned to the car to proceed with changing the tyre ourselves at which point a lady came along from the direction of the main road. I explained what had happened and she very abruptly said "well all other cars make it up there". She then phoned a person called Michael and let me speak to him. I explained our predicament and he even agreed with me that that kind of car wouldn't make it up the hill. Due to the lack of any reception and the issue with the car, I then asked if we could have a refund as there was no way of us actually getting up to the property. Michael said that he didn't think that wouldn't be a problem and that he would have to speak to the office and he would phone back.

We then proceeded to deal with the flat tyre and the fair lady then sent down a gentleman named Buxton, who apologised and said he had been trying to fix the road a little by placing rocks in some of the potholes etc, but that he hadn't had a chance to do much. He helped my boyfriend with the tyre while I went up to the reception to speak to the lady. I explained to her that I was just awaiting confirmation from Michael that we would get a refund and she said quite off handedly that she didn't know if that would be possible as money had already been spent! She tried calling Michael again and there was no answer so she gave me his contact numbers and we returned to Ocho Rios very disappointed as we were so looking forward to staying at your property as had heard great things and blue lagoon is one of my favorite places in Jamaica.

I phoned Michael on Wednesday 12th oct in the morning and he confirmed that the refund was going to be processed that day but they may be a deduction for the housekeeper. To be honest, I thought that was a bit out of line, but I went with it as he said the charge was about $12 US. Michael said that I would get an email confirming the refund on Wednesday also. My boyfriend and I are now in England and there has been no refund to his card and I have not received an email as Michael had promised.

I have tried contacting Michael many times and to no avail and it is now 4th Nov.

I cannot tell you how disappointed I am. I am a Jamaican currently living in England and was visiting with my boyfriend and this was his first trip to Jamaica. I have emailed the owner of the property and still we have not been refunded. I feel that our money has been stolen as we tried our best to stay and arrived on time and there was no where for us to park and no offer of assistance with parking securely and taking luggage to the room.

For the prices they charge, there are many other beautiful properties in Jamaica to stay at and they actually know the meaning of customer service!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Kris M
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Our experience at Kanopi House was world class!
Jungle meets the ocean with amazing service and fabulous eco-luxury cottages!
The attractive all wooden cottages are scattered across an impressive rain forest property which throws itself into the world famous Blue Lagoon.
Absolutely breathtaking!
Kanopi House is definitely one of the Caribbean's best kept secrets!
A winning combination of luxury, nature, service, relaxation and intimacy!

Adrien Lemaire