My wife and I spent our anniversary at Kanopi under the wonderful care of Carla, Boxer and Black Pearl. We still talk often of the staff, years later, which is incredible compared to any other hotel or resort. The rooms are actually beautifully built individual homes, perched high on stilts on the very steep jungle hillside - immediately adjacent to the Blue Lagoon. The walls themselves are shutters and you can easily open the entire home to the outdoors. It's a wonderful feeling. There is also complete privacy, along with books, wifi, a sound system and a private kitchen and bath in each home. The high ceilings are exposed and have ceiling fans. The first night we had fireflies floating high above the massive wooden bed which looked like stars. It's very reminiscent of a luxury jungle cabin Indiana Jones might have stayed in on one of his adventures. Boats, kayaks, snorkels, and more are available to enjoy. We were lucky enough to have the entire resort to ourselves in June, which on our anniversary was a real treat. The access to the beauty of the surrounding jungle, beach and islands is incomparable, and makes this a first-class resort. We were also shuttled to and from the Kingston airport by a fun and knowledgeable driver. We are looking forward to returning and visiting Kanopi again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the folds of the eco-friendly zone of Portland, where the shoreline hugs the sea and the nights glow as much as the days, stands the emblem of respite, relaxation and all things in between. It sits snugly among the trees, embraces the ideally cool temperatures and complements the natural habitat. It offers a peacefully endowed atmosphere, not uncommon to truly tranquil scenes and all those who enter therein can claim its soothing and rejuvenating powers. Kanopi House was created as the ideal getaway location and is unique since it offers no disturbance of its natural environments. Its structure also adds to its modern day charm and it is one with nature. Kanopi House features a certain inexplicable charisma which is further intensified by a secluded cove, blue lagoon, coral reef, surrounding rainforest and its one of a kind 'tree houses'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith so you can book your Kanopi House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kanopi House Hotel Port Antonio
- Kanopi House Jamaica/Port Antonio