My partner & I and I stayed here with our 8-month old son whilst on a photography assignment for the area. The rooms were light and airy, and we were very impressed by the hotel’s efforts to support small local businesses by providing the guests with, for example, chocolate balls for making drinking chocolate.
The photos on the website don’t do justice to the hotel in many ways; the elevation is perfect, with views out over the tropical forest and sea in one direction and the Blue Mountains in the other, just amazing. I loved the simplicity and charm of both the hotel and its ever helpful staff, every whim of our little boy was catered for (if you do want babysitting services we recommend Nerine and Jenny!). Even Cynthia who owns a cafe on the beach there went out of her way to accommodate our baby – Jamaicans are very baby friendly and chat away to them! Free shuttle to Frenchmans’ Cove was handy, what an incredible beach, but our favourite was Winifred’s Beach.
The food at the Mille Fleurs restaurant was tasty, an imaginative menu that was an infusion of European, Indian and Chinese foods and with large portions. Particularly good was the fish, though a simple smoked pork chop with pineapple relish was divine, as was a jerk liver starter. Evenings sipping a sublime cocktail while our orders were being cooked were a lovely way of chilling and chatting with other guests. Very handy is that our baby monitor could easily pick up our room which was furthest away from the restaurant. The only issue with all the hotels in the Port Antonio area are that they aren’t in town and taxis don’t come cheap, for that reason we did stay in on the half-board option but were more than happy with the great food. If you’re looking for a hotel to suit your own green credentials to wind down at with great dining and star watching in the evenings you can’t really get better than this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best eco boutique hotel in Port Antonio, Jamaica. Set on a hilltop on Jamaica's northeast coast between the majestic Blue Mountains and the Caribbean Sea, Hotel Mockingbird Hill is Jamaica's foremost 'green' hotel minutes from the most romantic Frenchman's Cove Beach. A tranquil, serene, sanctuary with breathtaking vistas, laid back luxury and world class cuisine, Hotel Mockingbird Hill is the ultimate, authentic Jamaican experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Mocking Bird Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mocking Bird Hill Hotel
- Mocking Bird Hill Port Antonio
- Hotel Mocking Bird Hill Jamaica/Port Antonio