I didn't want to patronize those big resorts (sandals etc) and wanted something more quaint and subtle. One drawback (till a new road is built) is that it takes over 3 hours to drive the 54 mi. from kingston (where we flew in to) to port antonio. The rooms are lovely. The food is good but really SLOW (overly so...) and service can be super slow too. Though the staff were very friendly, the owners were not at all welcoming after we travelled for hours to get there and their attitude didn't seem to really change much during the time we were there, which was somewhat strange given how small the place is, and how expensive. The hotel has gorgeous gardens and is near beautiful beaches (you have to drive or be driven to them).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best eco boutique hotel in Port Antonio, Jamaica. Set on a hilltop on Jamaica's northeast coast between the majestic Blue Mountains and the Caribbean Sea, Hotel Mockingbird Hill is Jamaica's foremost 'green' hotel minutes from the most romantic Frenchman's Cove Beach. A tranquil, serene, sanctuary with breathtaking vistas, laid back luxury and world class cuisine, Hotel Mockingbird Hill is the ultimate, authentic Jamaican experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Mocking Bird Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mocking Bird Hill Hotel
- Mocking Bird Hill Port Antonio
- Hotel Mocking Bird Hill Jamaica/Port Antonio