I am a fan of Jamaica, but only recently made it to Port Antonio. What a charming place place! Still such "old worldly" charm, few hotels, no mass tourism,no over-development. The attractiness of the resort was only toped by the little gem of a hotel I found.
Mockingbird Hill is a little Boutique hotel with lovely rooms, nestled into a lush, tropical garden on a hill, overlooking the coast SO close to nature - you can wind down and really recharge the batteries.
The beauty of the place is only topped by care given by the staff and the owners who give individual attention in helping you to make the most of your stay. Information and organisation of excusions- not just booking you on a run-of-the-mill trip, but ones they have designed themselves, so that you see parts of for instance the Blue Mountains you would never have found.
To top it all - the food is spectacular, starting at breakfast to diner under the stars, and a bar that you find hard to pass. The cocktails !
All the ingridients are locally sourced and taste heavenly.
I loved my stay and will be back !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best eco boutique hotel in Port Antonio, Jamaica. Set on a hilltop on Jamaica's northeast coast between the majestic Blue Mountains and the Caribbean Sea, Hotel Mockingbird Hill is Jamaica's foremost 'green' hotel minutes from the most romantic Frenchman's Cove Beach. A tranquil, serene, sanctuary with breathtaking vistas, laid back luxury and world class cuisine, Hotel Mockingbird Hill is the ultimate, authentic Jamaican experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Mocking Bird Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mocking Bird Hill Hotel
- Mocking Bird Hill Port Antonio
- Hotel Mocking Bird Hill Jamaica/Port Antonio