Hotel Mocking Bird Hill
Tropical Lagoon Resort(Port Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$159
Jamaica Palace Hotel(Port Antonio)
US$188
Moon San Villa(Port Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$155
Travelocity
The Trident Hotel(Port Antonio)
US$759
US$210
US$188
Geejam(Port Antonio)
US$538
Hotel Jamaican Colors(Port Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$89
Travelocity
All reviewsmille fleurshotel mockingbirdblue mountainseco friendly hotelchocolate teabird watchhomemade jamsdaily changing menufrenchman's covegourmet fooddeluxe roomwould highly recommend this hotelrio grandebreakfast and dinnergardens are beautifulperchlocal guide
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 November 2008

I took my 13 year old son to the Mockingbird Hill Hotel for a week in October. Just want to record that we had a brilliant week. The staff are absolutely charming. the food is amazing and, best of all, the owners live their values. Loved the fact that there was no TV to be found on the premises. As a bird lover, I found the gardens heaven. Fantastic trips with some great guides. If there is a downside, it's the tiresome trip alng pot-holed filled roads. But it's possible tat the major raoaorks are now completed.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2008

The hotel is comfortable and tastefully decorated, the service was impeccable, the food was outstanding and the setting idyllic.We would highly recommend the Hotel Mocking Bird Hill and hope to return.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2008

This hotel was a wonderful find. I went alone this time, but will return with friends and family.

All of the staff are friendly, efficient and helpful - a tone set by the owners, who are always available if you need anything.Luckily, I mentioned to them my purpose for being in Port Antonio. They were helpful in so many ways, and gave me alternatives to the plans I had made from afar - which turned out cheaper and more appropriate and introduced me to other wonderful people in Jamaica.

One felt particularly good to be in such an ecologically conscious environment also - proof that sustainable tourism does not have to sacrifice comfort or beauty, and from every angle, Mockingbird Hill has breathtaking views.

The restaurant is worth a trip on its own, and while I was there other tourists came by for dinner. It is difficult to describe the beautiful decor and atmosphere in the restaurant as well as the rest of the grounds - and the food is excellent, Michelin star quality. I may be gushing a little, but I went there at a difficult time personally, it rained most of my visit, yet I found beauty, peace, kindness - and a great massage!

Reviewed 2 November 2008

We stayed Oct 18-21, 2008.

Upon arrival they gave us cold towels to refresh ourselves, and told us to take out our luggage so it could be taken to our room.
After we parked our vehicle - we had our hotel in service and were given a free drink, and then taken to our room.

We stayed in Room #5. It had a hammock outside which was a nice touch. Once inside the room we saw a king bed that was very comfortable to sleep in. I enjoyed the free bananas, which are sweeter in Jamaica. I also loved the fresh flowers. They gave us some chocolate tea balls to take home. I’m not a tea drinker, but I sent them to a tea lover.

The cleanliness of the rooms was incredible nice.

The flora gardens are beautiful, and the restaurant had an awesome view. Unfortunately the only item I purchased was orange juice.

I woke up my last morning to the ringing of the phone. So I simply suggested that they turn the ringer off at night once the restaurant has finished.

The staff was great and they were happy to serve us with a smile.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2008

Everything it said on the bottle! Great hillside location on outskirts of Port Antonio with 180 degree sea views for miles. All staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you at any time. Food was very good with fresh local produce [we saw the chef an his team carrying it into the hotel one day] beautifully presented in open air restaurant overlooking the pool and with views to die for!

Only issue for me were the darned mosquitoes - they took a particular fancy to me, but again the hotel did all they could to help, and quickly changedan undersize mosquito net over our bed for a much bigger one - which cut down the problem at night - take lots of repellent - but that would be the same anywhere in Jamaica in the wet season I suppose!

Jamaica for us was a magical destination made even more so by Mockingbird Hill - highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple