“Dirty”
Review of San San Beach

More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful beach with calm waters protected by a coral reef, perfect for swimming and scuba diving.
Virginia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Dirty”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Went horseback riding there and although walking distance from where we stayed, we did not go back. Small dirty beach, go to Winifred's instead.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank lakeanna

Kingston, Jamaica
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Utterly the worse customer service ever”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I'm a Jamaican living in Kingston and in the past my family and I always visited this beach whenever we vacation in Portland. I recently had a visitor to the island from the US for the Christmas holidays and decided to take him to San San. After arriving at the beach I paid the usual entry fees, the party consisted of four adults and two children. I was then told that there is an additional charge for parking (approx. US$5) in the past parking was always free. On hearing this I asked the rep when was this implemented and the response I got was ten minutes ago. At the time there was only one other family on the beach and when asked if they had paid for parking the response was not a yes or no but that you should pay for parking. Having pressed the rep to waive the parking charge, who then consulted her supervisor about the waiver. I was promptly told that if the parking fee wasn't paid I would have to park outside the premises along the roadside. After hearing this I requested a refund which was equivalent to US$25 got in my vehicle and drove to Winnifred Beach which incidentally has no entry fee. Guess who won't be going back to San San and more importantly will be spreading the word about the awful customer service. P.S. All my past visits to San San were done outside the winter tourist season "go figure".

Visited December 2013
2 Thank GuarwayneMcLean
Manchester, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“bar beach quiet”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

another nice looking place...like all of them, if you catch a good day, you may find you are the only ones there!

Visited September 2013
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Portland's Paradise”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

San San Beach is postcard perfect. I enjoyed hanging out with friends and family at a beach that boasts clean, crystal-clear water and very-well maintained grounds. Tropical trees dot the premises, offering enough shade. The persons who are in charge are professional, friendly but not ubiquitous. We felt like we were on a private beach...beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

Visited July 2013
Poway, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Nice beach, if you can get there”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

San San Beach is a beautiful, half-moon shaped beach near the Blue Lagoon in Port Antonio. It is partly private but you can get on with the right connections. There is a guard out front that will stop you from entering but if you know a local who works there, he can get you on. The beach is fairly clean and not very crowded.

The water in that area is very calm because the reef blocks waves from reaching the beach. This makes it an ideal spot if you have kids. The hotel there is being renovated but you can still order drinks from the bar. Overall it's a nice beach with spectacular sunsets.

Visited July 2013