“San San !”
Review of San San Beach

More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful beach with calm waters protected by a coral reef, perfect for swimming and scuba diving.
Atlanta, Georgia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“San San !”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Peaceful and quiet beach not crowded very laid back and relaxing. No bells and whistles just white sand and mother nature at it's best.

Visited September 2013

Brooklyn, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Ridiculous”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

$5 per person to step onto this empty beach - and for what? There is garbage on the beach, without amenities unless you count the string of buoys denoting the designated swim area. It was frustrating not to be able to come to this beach, given that we were staying at Goblin Hill Villas, with its view overlooking San San Beach. But I boycotted it because I thought the price was prohibitive for a family of 4 staying for 2 weeks, especially given the lack of effort by its owners to make the beach special.

Hamburg, Germany
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“checked it out and left”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

we had a look at San san beach, it did not look very clean or attractive. there is only one restaurant - bar, so no choice. Winifred Beach is much nicer, cleaner and it is free, while San San is 6 dollars per person

Virginia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Dirty”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Went horseback riding there and although walking distance from where we stayed, we did not go back. Small dirty beach, go to Winifred's instead.

1 Thank lakeanna
Kingston, Jamaica
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Utterly the worse customer service ever”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I'm a Jamaican living in Kingston and in the past my family and I always visited this beach whenever we vacation in Portland. I recently had a visitor to the island from the US for the Christmas holidays and decided to take him to San San. After arriving at the beach I paid the usual entry fees, the party consisted of four adults and two children. I was then told that there is an additional charge for parking (approx. US$5) in the past parking was always free. On hearing this I asked the rep when was this implemented and the response I got was ten minutes ago. At the time there was only one other family on the beach and when asked if they had paid for parking the response was not a yes or no but that you should pay for parking. Having pressed the rep to waive the parking charge, who then consulted her supervisor about the waiver. I was promptly told that if the parking fee wasn't paid I would have to park outside the premises along the roadside. After hearing this I requested a refund which was equivalent to US$25 got in my vehicle and drove to Winnifred Beach which incidentally has no entry fee. Guess who won't be going back to San San and more importantly will be spreading the word about the awful customer service. P.S. All my past visits to San San were done outside the winter tourist season "go figure".

2 Thank GuarwayneMcLean