“Nice spot to relax, surf and swim”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Boston Beach

Boston Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Watch the young and adventurous surf the waves as you chow down on jerk pork, the Jamaican dish this beach is famous for.
Geelong, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Nice spot to relax, surf and swim”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We really enjoyed hanging out here. Must try the Jerk Chicken as this is the area it originated from. A few locals will approach you trying to sell artwork, music, surfboards and grass. A simple fist bump and 'no thanks' and they won't bother you again though. We sat watching the surfers in the warm water in this white sandy bay for ages, drinking, eating and chatting with the locals. Very enjoyable.

Visited July 2014

• Polish first
Hillsborough, North Carolina
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great place to swim.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We found this place while exploring from the San San area. We were only around for the weekend, but I could see myself hanging at this beach for days.

Visited June 2014
Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Boston Babes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Boston Beach is absolutely beautiful. The warm crystal clear blue waters that are for the most part, calm enough to swim in, the cliffs, the trees and vegetation serve as the backdrop to this piece of Jamaican paradise. I was staying at the huts and frequented the beach during the early morning hours and had the beach all to myself. There are also more isolated areas of the beach if you want to get away from the main beach where the peddlers are.
I actually had the pleasure of snorkeling around the bay of "The Great Huts" side the beach.I didn't see anything worth mentioning other than the usual small Caribbean fish and some soft coral. I would only advise snorkeling here if your a good swimmer as sometimes the waves can get a little rough. You could also pay "Teacher" (the surfing teacher) to take you snorkeling to nearby Salt Creek Beach (a place only locals know about) that is just around the bay and much calmer. Again not much to see, I did however enjoy being in the water. But if your into snorkeling I would recommend going to the Trident Hotel beach. I walked right in and went straight to the beach. There wasn't much to their beach, but I saw some fascinating creatures such as cuttlefish and puffer fish while snorkeling there. You may use their facilities just as long as your a patron and order drinks, food, etc. I also heard Geejam beach had a great reef. I'll find out when I return in August to Portland. Hopefully this information is useful for any snorkelers reading this review. Back to Boston Beach. Unfortunately I didn't have the pleasure of trying any of the local jerk food. I mostly ate Ital vegetarian food made by a Rasta in a yellow shop west of Boston (before reaching Winnifred Beach). He also has cold coconuts and other fresh inexpensive fruits that I would snack on throughout the day. I highly recommend stopping by for an authentic Jamaican experience. Try the apples!! The only negative thing that I must say about the Boston area is the men. Being that I was a solo female traveler, I encountered a lot of men trying to get my attention. Walking around, sitting on the beach, swimming in the ocean, it seemed as though I always had a shadow that was trying to court me or be my friend. It was somewhat annoying at times. Yet having thick skin, and the awareness of going into a foreign country/culture knowing the likeliness of this occurring, I was prepared. I stayed in the Boston area for the entirety of my two week stay in Jamaica. I found it to be a great "home base". Many of the tourist attractions such as the beaches, the river rafting and the falls were easily accessible using inexpensive route taxis (as I did throughout my trip) and not too far from the city of Port Antonio. Overall, I found Boston to pleasant and I will definitely return in the near future.

Visited April 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Exactly what you might be looking for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Boston Bay is not for everyone but it was for my son and myself. It has taken me a while to write this because I am feeling selfish in my old age and want the place to myself. I have traveled the world; on $10.00 US a day when I started. First trip to Jamaica was 30 years ago. First 2 nights in the bay were at Great Huts which is very unique. THEN we found the Boston Beach Guest House right next door; pictured above. Very clean with a great maid. First customers so we had the place to ourselves and it was AWESOME. It has the very best view of the bay from the incredible balcony. The owner Joe (the house he grew up in but improved and enlarged after spending most of his adult life in the states) is very attentive and he makes sure your stuff is safe. He goes out of his way to give you an authentic Jamaican experience. If you are a barnacled old traveler (with some cash to spend; not as expensive as Great Huts and not as rustic) and just want to relax in paradise with all the amenities this is the place for you. If you are a family who wants to learn to surf it is perfect; like learning in a tranquil bathtub. The guys on the beach (a stone's throw away) rent boards and are great instructors (additional price but not a rip off but bargain of course). Not the place for all inclusive types though. You can cook in the house or just feed on the BEST jerk in Jamaica. Grocery store nearby. Breakfast included; western style or authentic J. LOTS of tourist attractions nearby. Honestly, you can't go wrong if you want to experience a different culture, feel safe, and want to do tourist things (although I didn't very much cuz I just couldn't leave that place). Stayed to the very last minute. Go for it: bostonbeachguesthouse@gmail.com

Visited January 2014
4 Thank Michele S
Quebec City, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I loved Boston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I loved Boston I've been there 2 time and dream about my 3rd time going back, Boston has the best jerk on the island and the jerk along is worth the trip to Jamaica. Ps the best looking women In Jamaica living the next town over in fairy Hill. Once u have been loved by a woman from Fairy hill there's no way to go but do

Visited February 2014