“What an Oasis, I loved this house, it was everything we dreamed off”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Antonio
Micshur Guest House
Altlanta
“What an Oasis, I loved this house, it was everything we dreamed off”
Reviewed 19 February 2010

We just wanted a quick get away, some time away from the hustle and bustle of the big city, this cottage was perfect, the airconditioning, the pool, its proximity to the beach and all the local attractions. Wow, we loved it. This guest house is just what the doctor ordered. Our kids loved it too

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Traveldude097

Solo
Business
Florida
Reviewed 20 January 2010

I traveled with two friends to Port Antonio, Jamaica in the summer of 2009. We stayed at Micshur Guest House in Fairy Hill. The house is very clean and comfortable. Every room has its own bathroom and there is air conditioning in each room as well. The place was spotless! We made use of the full kitchen and I spent quite a bit of time in the pool. We felt very safe and secure there, and had a wonderful relaxing vacation. Each day we went exploring somewhere: Winifred Beach, Frenchman's Cove, rafting on the Rio Grande, we swam in the Blue Lagoon and had an overall fantastic vacation. All of these locations were just a few minutes away by car. And the Boston Jerk Centre is less than what i would call a city block away - easy walking distance.

On our arrival, we checked the whole place out and I didn't see a coffee machine in the kitchen. I asked our hostess about this, and within an hour one was delivered and ready to use the next morning. We were able to do our food shopping easily, at both road side stands for fruit and veggies, and in town for groceries as well. Micshur is in a great location, close to everything.

We spent a lot of time lounging around the pool in the evenings, with our laptops and free wi-fi, chatting online with husbands and friends back home and uploading pictures. Each night, the gates were locked and the dogs were let out to secure the property during the night. There was a litter of puppies when we were there, what a treat to see those little rascals romp and play!

I have never written a review like this before, so I hope I have put the pertinent information out there for anyone looking. Please feel free to send me a message with any questions. I also have pictures.

Overall, Micshur is a perfect spot for a relaxing vacation in Port Antonio. The central location of the property was ideal for us. The house is obviously well cared for and loved by its owners. For me, a clean place is a must, and Micshur was just perfect.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends