We stayed in Port Antonio on a previous trip earlier this year in January and absolutely fell in love with this quaint, simple part of Jamaica! There's something special about this place - you'll know when you visit!
On our previous trip, we stayed at a different hotel and although it was a great experience, we decided to try a different place that was more affordable (our previous trip to Port Antonio was very spontaneous so we didn't know beforehand about any accommodations in the area. And it was also rather late in the evening and since we were tired from our drive from MoBay, we didn't want to try to find another place. Despite paying more than we wanted to (I guess that's what happens when you don't make plans ahead of time!), it was a great stay!).
This time around, however, we planned ahead and looked into different accommodations in Port Antonio. There was another place that we initially thought about staying at, but after reading about the history of Hotel Tim Bamboo and that it was Jamaican-owned, we made our choice!
- great, safe location; close, by car, to Blue Lagoon and Frenchman's Cove as well as to the downtown area. And as other reviewers have noted, it's close to delicious, authentic restaurants.
- very affordable with complimentary parking and breakfast
- good, friendly service
- good, filling breakfast. Although they do have continental breakfast choices, I would recommend having a Jamaican-style breakfast because hey, you're in Jamaica after all! They have different Jamaican-style breakfasts each morning, which I thought was nice if you were there for a longer stay. The only complaint I had was the size of the juice. Maybe I just drink too much... But the overall breakfast was delicious, hot and served by a friendly waiter.
- each room has a/c
- although the TV isn't a 40" flat screen, it does have cable (and most likely, you're not in Port Antonio to spend the day watching TV so its size shouldn't matter too much)
- clean, spacious room (we were in room 15, which had a rather large open closet area - we were only there for one-night, but for those staying longer, it's very beneficial)
If you keep an open mind and not expect a luxury, 5-star resort experience (this is Port Antonio after all and not Negril or MoBay), then you shouldn't have any real complaints about Hotel Tim Bamboo. However, if you do expect the aforementioned, then you'll probably have an issue about the water pressure/hot water. We initially did have issues trying to shower, but it worked in the end and we were able to have proper showers throughout our stay.
Overall, we had a great, comfortable stay at Hotel Tim Bamboo. I would definitely recommend this hotel for all those wanting a relaxing, memorable time in Port Antonio!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Tim Bamboo is conveniently located five minutes outside the Town Centre. With comfortable accommodations at extremely reasonable rates, Hotel Tim Bamboo is a great choice for guests who prefer modest rates with superior service. In addition to the many spacious and tropically furnished guestrooms, you can enjoy the privacy and comfort of your own villa. So whether you are travelling alone, with friends, family, colleagues or that special someone, we have the perfect accommodations for you. We are also experts at catering for any business or social event whether it is 1 person or 150 persons. So contact us today. WE'LL WORK WITH YOU! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Tim Bamboo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tim Bamboo Jamaica/Port Antonio