“Quiet, Peaceful Retreat”

Pimento Lodge Resort
Ranked #6 of 29 Port Antonio B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 December 2012

We had the most amazing stay at the Pimento Lodge! We were taken care by Mark who ensured that we had a fabulous visit. Everything about our time there was perfect. The room was clean and comfortable, the views were incredible, the atmosphere was so peaceful and quiet. The pool and the surroundings were beautifully kept. My husband and I had breakfast there and it was fresh and delicious. I highly recommend staying here if you are in the area; it was the best hotel we stayed at on the island!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Melissa K
dionnen, Owner at Pimento Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2012

Thank you for such a lovely review - we are glad you chose us and that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future :-)

There are newer reviews for Pimento Lodge Resort

Reviewed 23 August 2012

This place was first mentioned to be me by a friend in the community. I looked them up online, liked what I saw and booked it. They say seeing is believing. I was in for quite a surprise when I actually saw it in person. It was exqusite!!! The views from your balcony, just picturesque!!! The rooms, more than I expected. Large, airy, fresh and opens onto your own private balcony with ocean view and ensuite bathroom. Kingsize bed with mosquito net and very comfortable. Couldn't ask for more. I would definitely stay here again. I just wouldn't want to go around hurricane season. When we first got there, we had terrible rains from a passing storm and it knocked out the electricity. It was no fun sitting in the dark with no TV and no fan. But because of the location of the hotel on the hill, we had the ocean breeze filtering through the windows. Anyway, that was all about nature and no fault of the host and hostess.

Lloyd and Kate were the most gracious host. They were like protective parents, always making sure that we were comfortable and having a good time. Breakfast in the morning was always a good surprise. Keep it up guys. My family and I really enjoyed your place. I don't know about them but I will definitely stay with you again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Pauline D
dionnen, Owner at Pimento Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2012

Really glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your amazing review! We hope to see you again in the future - you are always welcome. Dionne Edwards

Reviewed 9 August 2012

I arrived at Pimento Lodge and was not disappointed. Lloyd came out & greeted me straight away. I felt at ease as soon as I meet him. He was very friendly, kind and extremely helpful.

The lodge was spacious, with the most spectacular views of the Carribean Sea. It took my breath away and was fantastic. I had to pinch myself that I was really there and it wasn't a dream!!

I had breakfast & dinners there which was great. The food they cooked was excellent, fresh & tasty. Kate was amazing too. We would sit around the dinner table at night and talk for a long time about all different things and story's. Any problem I needed help with, Lloyd helped me straight away to sort it out. Lloyd & Kate are beautiful people and I wish them good health & happiness always. I will always cherish my time staying at Pimento and meeting two wonderful people that made my stay such a relaxing & enjoyable one. If in Port Antonio, stay at Pimento Lodge, you will be glad that you did.

Room Tip: I stayed in the end room nearest the pool with the best views, it was amazing and took my breath awa...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Where to start... This place is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Very beautiful flora! There are fruit trees everywhere that become part of the breakfast menu if you choose to eat there! The plantain & fresh squeezed orange juice is m-m-m good! We stayed 2 nights in off season (prior to returning to Montego Bay to stay a week at an all-inclusive) and had the place to ourselves. Lloyd (owner) was friendly but not invasive. The rooms were clean, comfortable and well decorated. There are no safes or air conditioners in the villas. HOWEVER, THEY ARE NOT NEEDED. We left money for the maid. She cleaned the room & left the cash!!!! We requested a stand-alone fan prior to arriving & it was just perfect! This is coming from someone that gets VERY hot at night. I surprised my husband by planning a breakfast outside our room and renewing our vows. Lloyd made it all work out even though there was a light morning rain. They are very accommodating. The location makes it easy to get to Reach Falls, Boston Jerk Center and Bath to get a WONDERFUL massage from Rasta Steve (Just a note on Rasta Steve: Don’t be intimidated to set a price for massage PRIOR to getting one!) It is a little bit of a drive and the roads in this part of the island REALLY ARE as bad as you hear so it takes longer than you would expect. The road between Montego Bay & Port Antonio was fine. We drove in from Montego Bay so the ride seemed like it was taking forever. The locals were friendly and were glad to direct us each step of the way when we thought we might have strayed. If you are wondering if this place is right for you…. Well let me say there are no screens on the villas louvers and if you are easily scared by the thought that bugs might come in, you may be right. However, we had no problems WHATSOEVER. The place is a DREAM! This site asks about a fitness center... Between the pool, walking to/from room & climbing steps, a "fitness center" isnt needed. However, there was an excercise ball in the villa we had & also a hiking trail for those that enjoy that extra cardio!!! The attention to detail was heartwarming! We entered our room to find fresh cut flowers taken right from the gardens on the property.... A great way to welcome us "HOME". A true paradise!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank candykayne1964
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Our stay at Pimento Lodge was nothing short of a wonderful experience. Perched on a cliff side, in the lush green parish of Portland, it is a true tropical paradise.
Upon our arrival, we were warmly greeted by the owners, Kate & Lloyd.
This charming Jamaican couple went out of their way to assure that our stay was as pleasurable as possible. Our room was very clean and spacious, with a spectacular view of long bay from our own private balcony. The entire facility, including the pool, was clean and very well maintained. It was thoroughly enjoyable to wonder through this large property filled with an amazing variety of fruit trees. We discovered , to our delight, that many of these fruits, veggies and herbs were used in our daily meals and beverages. We also appreciated that the owners were very eco-friendly, using solar panels for water heating and not allowing any pesticides on their property.
The meals themselves were nothing short of great jamaican cuisine. Although the selection was limited, every meal was prepared from a variety of good local wholesome foods. We would highly recommend choosing the full board option as there are very few restaurants nearby.
We found that the lodge was fairly well located for daily excursions within the area. If you're into surfing or simply spending a relaxing week at the beach, then this is definitely the place to be as there are a number of nice beaches and good surf breaks close by.
In order to fully experience the attractions within the area, a rental car or a hired taxi are essential. The latter was easy to arrange once at the lodge. In short, anyone looking to experience a true jamaican vacation should strongly consider spending some time at the Pimento Lodge.
Serge & Margo from Canada

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SergeMargo
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Pimento lodge is a little gem in the mountains. The owners Lloyd and Kathy have put a lot of thought into the development of this lodge. The rooms are beautiful with sea and garden views from every one, and each room having an individual character. (Check out photos) Bathrooms are very clean with a lovely hot shower or cold if you should wish. They even have three pin plug sockets for us brits as well as the two pins.

The food was home cooked with lots of traditional Jamaican dishes, and plenty of it; however, you do have to order the food.

Taxis are easily available for those who haven’t hired cars and they will take you to the surrounding areas or further if you wish.

Lloyd and Kathy are excellent; nothing appears to be too much trouble for them in making your stay a happy experience. We have visited Jamaica before staying in different places and we would defiantly give Pimento Lodge a five star rating.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LILLIAN P
dionnen, Owner at Pimento Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Thank you for such a glowing review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future. Warmest Regards, Pimento Lodge

Reviewed 16 February 2012

I want to start off by saying that you should really believe all of the positive reviews that Pimento Lodge has received. This is a very special place and it's clear that a lot of thought, care and love went into establishing this lovely resort.

My boyfriend and I really wanted to visit Port Antonio and Long Bay to get a different glimpse of Jamaica and get away from the tourist traps of Montego Bay and Negril. We weren't sure where to stay, but I am so glad we decided on Pimento Lodge. Perched on a hill overlooking Long Bay, Pimento Lodge offers luxurious rooms with stunning views of the ocean and lush tropical vegetation. Inside you will find very comfortable beds, modern bathrooms and tasteful decor. Kate and Lloyd are exceptional hosts who work very hard to make sure the guests have everything they need. They are a pleasure to chat with and can tell you many interesting things about Long Bay and the surrounding area.

Just outside the gates of Pimento Lodge you will find a quiet and friendly residential area with several corner stores where you can buy water, snacks, cigarettes etc. I would recommend purchasing the full meal option from Pimento Lodge, or at least breakfast, since there aren't many restaurants nearby. If you plan on spending most of your time exploring the area or chilling at the beach, then just go for breakfast and indulge in the delicious jerk chicken from beach vendors in Long Bay or Boston Bay.

Bottom lime: Pimento Lodge can be perfect for anyone, from groups of travelers exploring Jamaica, to families with children and couples. I would highly recommend this place and I hope to be back in the future!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Linda K
dionnen, Owner at Pimento Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2012

Thank you for such a glowing review!! We hope to see you again in the future - you are always welcome. Kate and Lloyd