“Loved it!”

BUSHBAR
Ranked #4 of 43 Restaurants in Port Antonio
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Breakfast/brunch, Lunch, And Dinner
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed at Geejam for 4 nights and thoroughly enjoyed the vibe! The breakfasts were delicious - especially the Jamaican specials. The Seafood Mellow was so delicious, I wish I had discovered it sooner, so that I could have ordered it a second time.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Bushbar is part of the Geejam boutique hotel. The service is lovely and the view is superb. They also have great live music on a Friday night from the house band, the Jolly Boys. The food is adequate but on the expensive side for what you get. Salads are disappointing. However, they are great at accommodating requests and my standout impression is the quality of the service.

eagerbeaverhk, Co-owner, Geejam Collection at BUSHBAR, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Hi Alison,

Firstly, thank you for your kind words about our service, and I’m happy to know you loved our panoramic views.

I’m also glad you enjoyed the Jolly Boys performance. They’ve become a Friday night staple at the Bushbar, when they’re not on the road. They’re currently on the first leg of their latest European tour - back shortly!

I’d like to have had a little more feedback from you, concerning your disappointment with our salads, for which I offer you my sincere apologies. A pity you never mentioned this at the time, because, as you know, we also offer bespoke cuisine, so it would’ve been an easy fix.

Nevertheless, I recall we spoke about you and your husband returning for him to do some recording at our studio - so I'm hoping to see you both again soon.

1love
Steve

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We are two Trinidadians who were visiting Jamaica for Christmas. Two friends as a gift took us to Portland for two days.

On our only night we were taken to BushBar for dinner. As you enter, you see a quaint yet wonderful setting just putting you in the mood for a relaxed evening.

The menu simple but adequate enough to give you choices. Our drinks were well made and our waiter Jason very attentive and saw to every need. I wanted Curried Fish which was not on the menu but they made it for me. The Stuffed Chicken Breast was awesome.

The entertainment was a set of classic old time Calypso/Reggae that had all there tapping their feets during the performance. Not over powering but just at the right level allowing you to have your meal or just sit back and enjoy.

We must thank the co-owner Steve Beaver who took it on personally to see that we were well taken care of. We also asked a personal favour as we wanted to visit the Trident Mansion but there were no tours the next day. He told us to call him when were two minutes away and he would have one of the grounds men give us a tour. We spent an enjoyable hour at the Mansion.

This well hidden gem is a must stop on your visit to Portland or worth just to drive up from Ocho Rios for a great meal and evening.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

the food at Bushbar was top-notch and the entertainment was brilliant. a real highlight of the trip!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We had twice diner at this very nice location up on the hill. The food vas very good and the team of the Bushbar makes a good job.