This review is long overdue. I stayed at the Rio Vista on September 14th, 2009 for two nights with my husband (BF at the time) so we could explore Portland. The good: the locationbeing close to many of the sites we checked out, inlcuding bamboo rafting on the Rio Grande River, Frenchman's Cove beach-one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen, boating on the Blue Lagoon-very pretty, and Boston Bay Jerk-yummy jerk lobster. It also has a great view-the eating area overlooks the Rio Grande River. The bad: We stayed in a room, not a villa. It was okay except for the bed and the bathroom. We thought we were getting a king size bed, but it was actually just two beds pushed together which moved and separated at times. The other issue was the bathroom. It was the type of room that didn't have the roof actually attached to the walls and so as you could imagine I had to share the bathroom with all kinds of bugs and lizards. If you don't mind this then this place is great for the value. However our room did not look anything like the pics. Unfortunately I didn't take any of my own to share. I'd recommend this hotel to friends that I know don't mind bugs and lizards-so none of them!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the stunning blue waters of St. Margaret's Bay and the mouth of the Rio Grande river, sits the Rio Vista Resort. The hotel is nestled atop a lushly vegetated hill, with breathtaking views of the Blue Mountains, its peaks hovering at over 7,000 feet. The Blue Mountains is home to one of the world's best coffees. The Rio Vista offers a range of beautifully appointed guest rooms and villas. Choose from river/mountain, garden, pool, or sea views. Free continental breakfast included. The gazebo deck is the perfect place to start and end the day with an ice cold Red Stripe beer or a refreshing glass of coconut water. Sit back and take in a picturesque Jamaican sunset, while watching rafter floating by on the meandering Rio Grande river. A variety of Activities are available in close proximity to the hotel. Explore the variety of exciting packages and promotions being offered in the area to enhance your vacation experience. Boat rides on the World famous Blue Lagoon, tours of a Blue Mountain Coffee plantation, rafting on the Rio Grande, water fall climbs at Somerset Falls, nature walks, beautiful beaches and much much more. Rio Vista is a ten acre estate with individual rooms and 1, 2 and 3 bedroom villas. The property is located four miles west of Port Antonio, on Jamaica's north coast, nestled between the Rio Grande River and the Caribbean Sea. We are approx 1 1/2 hours from Kingston (Norman Manley Int'l Airport) through the mountains and 3 hours from Montego Bay (Sangster Int'l Airport) along the north coast highway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Rio Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Vista Resort Villas Hotel Port Antonio
- Rio Vista Resort Jamaica/Port Antonio