This property was the most laid back place on earth! The property and the staff, especially Cynthia, were so efficient and made our stay here one that we will never forget. The serene, naturalism of the property was most relaxing and the sounds of the ocean at night were both soothing and romantic. The ocean views were connected to the property and we LOVED watching the ocean from over the cliffs as the sun began to rise. We stayed in the Gate House suite and just loved this so much, that we want to go back to Port Antonio just to try out one of the other tents or treehouses available. The jerk stands are a 1 minute walk away from the property and we really enjoyed having a late night dinner at one of the stands while mingling with the locals. If you have kids, this would be a great experience for them to actually feel as if they are "away" in a foreign place while on vacation.
We give the Great Huts an A+!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Huts: Paradise on the Edge is an oceanfront resort on the lush northeastern tip of Jamaica. Modeled after a traditional African village, at once both rough-hewn and modern, it is a convergence of nature, heritage, spirituality and technology. Off the beaten path, but not far from the bustle and night life of Boston Bay and Port Antonio, Great Huts' jungle-cliff-beach habitat is a distinctive ecological and cultural experience. The African hut and Amerindian tree-house dwellings studded throughout the meandering, five-acre compound are comfortably furnished and decorated with uncommon African and Jamaican artifacts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Great Huts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Huts Hotel Port Antonio
- Great Huts Jamaica/Port Antonio