Was not sure what i had agreed to when my missus said we were staying in a tree hut for four days.We arrived at a bamboo gate from a dirt road with the biggest pot holds the size of craters not knowing whats on the other side, The gate open and we were in a Tropical rainforest like place with moist broadleaf forest, trees, bugs, birds, dogs, fish, turtles and tree huts scattered over a cliff over looking the ocean.We had the Almond Tree House witch was a short walk from reception up the dirt path, up a few wooden steps and we open our bamboo door , inside had all the modern comfort with out AC, windows and walls that was replace with bamboo and boards. Next morning after very little sleep from the noise of bugs and the rain storm in the night we saw the beauty of Great Huts , it grows on you day by day and by day two all was great. The pool (when you find it ) as the best view of the porperty , the food is great and the staff are warm and caring , they will help in all your needs.There is lots to see and do in the area , the best beach in the world is a short taxi ride away called Fishermans cove...If you are a tree hugger this is the place for you:-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Huts: Paradise on the Edge is an oceanfront resort on the lush northeastern tip of Jamaica. Modeled after a traditional West African coastal village, at once both rough-hewn and modern, it is a convergence of nature, heritage, spirituality and technology. Off the beaten path, but not far from the bustle and night life of Boston Bay and Port Antonio, Great Huts' jungle-cliff-beach habitat is a distinctive ecological and cultural experience. The Africana House, a Rastafari Mansion by the Sea with high ceilings and Ethiopian-inspired decor throughout, has a spacious communal room, four regal bedrooms, a 5,000-square-foot rooftop deck and a lotus-shaped deep water pool, resting atop five acres braided with intriguing caves and hiking trails. Great Huts is perfect for the adventurer in all of us, an intimate yet communal getaway or a secluded corporate retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), HostelWorld and Evoline ltd so you can book your Great Huts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Huts Hotel Port Antonio
- Great Huts Jamaica/Port Antonio