I had the pleasure of spending 4 days with a large group at Great Huts. I think I have to go back to my childhood to remember a time before this that I slept so well. When I close my eyes and think of my time back at Great Huts, I can still hear the sound of the waves crashing on the rocks below. There is something about Great Huts that makes you feel like a kid again. I stayed in the Bamboo Tree House and every morning I would wake up to the fantastic view of the surfing beach nearby. I had visited prior to my stay, so I knew what to expect. I knew it would be a bit more rustic and open. You have to go with that in mind, otherwise I think it would take quite an adjustment. Given the size of our group, we opted for the meal plan which is quite reasonable. The food is delicious and the portion sizes are generous. If you prefer to find lunch and dinner on your own, Great Huts is located in the birthplace of jerk chicken, so there are many options just outside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Huts: Paradise on the Edge is an oceanfront resort on the lush northeastern tip of Jamaica. Modeled after a traditional West African coastal village, at once both rough-hewn and modern, it is a convergence of nature, heritage, spirituality and technology. Off the beaten path, but not far from the bustle and night life of Boston Bay and Port Antonio, Great Huts' jungle-cliff-beach habitat is a distinctive ecological and cultural experience. The Africana House, a Rastafari Mansion by the Sea with high ceilings and Ethiopian-inspired decor throughout, has a spacious communal room, four regal bedrooms, a 5,000-square-foot rooftop deck and a lotus-shaped deep water pool, resting atop five acres braided with intriguing caves and hiking trails. Great Huts is perfect for the adventurer in all of us, an intimate yet communal getaway or a secluded corporate retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Great Huts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Huts Hotel Port Antonio
- Great Huts Jamaica/Port Antonio